MMS200 - Man Of Steel - Customizations/Modifications Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ive been messing around and re painted my MOS I think it came out too light what do you guys think? 2 different pictures with different lighting sorry for the crappy camera quality!

Received my Tony Mei MOS Superior Cape yesterday! Looks incredible! Trying to find the time to install. For those of you reluctant to go the exacto installation route on this, Tony also included a fresh set of pins (which is what I'll be using).

Cheers!

I know this is a terrible picture, and I wasn't going to post it al all, but I just installed the Superior Cape from Tony and wanted to let you take a peek. I used the pin mounting approach, so I'm still training the cape to lie flat.

No doubt that Tony is recommending the exacto slit method for Superior because there is a good amount of extra material to deal with making up the new pleats that needs to be "folded over" when using the pin method that you can simply tuck into the body with exacto slit. The difference is essentially two ply (pins) vs. One ply (exacto slit).

I think that difference can be overcome by letting the cape settle in for a bit and then possibly a little steam if needed.

All this may seem like a lot of extra fuss just to go with the pins, but I'm just not willing to cut into the chest and hope the slit is the proper length and depth to hold on to the cape forever. Do it wrong and you could destroy one of the best pieces Hot Toys has ever made. Not to mention all the custom work I've already invested! Anyway, hopefully more to come:

Oh! And I almost forgot. Take a look The extra length Tony included on Superior! I think it looks great, very true to the movie. How you choose to mount the cape wii of course have some impact on overall length, but I think the pin method I went with would tend to shorten the cape a bit compared to Exacto Slit. But even so, I'd say my Superior is easily a quarter to a half of an inch longer or more than my Stadard Tony Mei MOS custom cape...

pgpRoh.jpg

Last edited:
SO this might not be the best place for this but I bought one of the sets off ebay that everybody seems to be using for Clark before he gets the Super Suit. So I was wondering if any of you guys know of any jeans that will fit the MOS body? The ones in the set are TIGHT as heck

has anyone tried ironing the stock cape or stretching it some way so that it doesn't seem so bulky?

The cape appears to be doubled up, material-wise, which is what is giving it that bulkiness.

I think it looks great from the front but from the sides is where you can see the bulkiness more.

I've thought about replacing it with the mei cape but not ready to take the plunge just yet...

The Thorax/neck and chest is from KP03; neck plug is a sideshow figure; rest of the body is KP02XXL that I heavily modified with a dremel so that there is greater range at the elbow and shoulders.

I'm sourprised because I never saw anyone doing a yelling rage head sculpt for this figure. Did anyone see any other head sculpt appart from the beaerded clark? It would be awesome to have this face for a more dramatic flying or fighting pose.

Back