MMS200 - Man Of Steel - Customizations/Modifications Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do we know of anyone who has picked up Kai's sculpt for a custom? Has anyone posted pics?

Here's a shot of mine next to Superman repainted by Owen1313

MOS.jpg

honestly no idea ,but if i had to guess id say smaller ,i had this sellers chris reeve clark head and its also made of resin and is significantly smaller than the original,i think due to the shrink ratio of resin ,i think this seller is the only one offering these heads ,but i could be wrong ,so that and the fact that they seem to share the same glasses would lead me to the conclusion that this head would also be smaller than the original ,but you could ask the seller for comparison pictures ,he is in my experiences with him a great seller ,hope it works out for you mate ,i know you've been chasing this idea for a while ,as was i until i settled for a bearded sculpt with the beard painted out lol ,again it just a guess based on deductive reasoning ,good luck

@Oglertfrog - you're sure that is a MOS body? I couldn't tell. Even if it is, it seems that the head is smaller. @Libby - I wrote to the seller but he hasn't responded.

@Oglertfrog - you're sure that is a MOS body? I couldn't tell. Even if it is, it seems that the head is smaller. @Libby - I wrote to the seller but he hasn't responded.

Yep I'm pretty sure, I recognize the chest neck and elbow.
Doesn't look smaller to me, maybe because of the hair. :)

Thanks, Rem!

It's definately a WIP at this point, though. I'm still using the OneSixthKit jeans I originally got for him, and they are not nearly wide enough at the waist for the MOS, and as a result they won't come up quite far enough on him, and the fly won't close at all. The OSK boots were also a no-go. They were made for foot/ankle pegs, but for some reason the MOS pegs don't like them.

So what you're seeing here is the Kai Studios shirt and head sculpt, on the original MOS body. I have to say, the Kai sculpt is easily the finest paint job I've ever seen on a custom. It's truly awesome, and it is in perfect scale with the MOS body. The paint, however, is quite thin. If you happen to drop it or rub it the wrong way while building your kitbash, you'll likely have some touching up to do, so be careful. The tailoring on the shirt is also top notch! Really looks great (and it fits MOS great!).

I have some new pants being shipped from Tokyo as we speak that I'm hoping will fit much better, so all that's left is locating some work boots that will fit the MOS pegs. Any help with that would be appreciated!

The other issue I guess I'm having is that the Kai sculpt is not configured for a standard Hot Toys neck peg. So at the moment, it's basically balancing on his shoulders (a little tighter than that, but you get this idea). Wondering if there is an adapter I could use or even a make-shift remedy. I can pretty much achieve any head pose I want as is, but I really don't want it falling off unexpectedly while changing poses, etc.

Hoping to be able to share some more composed pics of the final product soon. Which is to say as soon as I can scratch these last few items off my list.

Anyway, glad you like the initial pic. I thought he was looking awfully good as I was piecing him together and couldn't resist posting a pic. More to come (I hope)!

Last edited:
is the problem that the boots are too loose on the pegs as i think the problem with the boots stems from the mos foot pegs being smaller than regular pegs ,small in the ball part not the length ,ive bought a few mos boots with out pegs included and have to slightly grind down reular pegs to fit them ,yet SIDESHOW batman foot pegs fit perfectly ,maybe try swapping out the mos pegs for regular ones ,ive never had a problem with any pegs fitting the mos body only the boots ,hope this helps , your figures looking great so far

is the problem that the boots are too loose on the pegs as i think the problem with the boots stems from the mos foot pegs being smaller than regular pegs ,small in the ball part not the length ,ive bought a few mos boots with out pegs included and have to slightly grind down reular pegs to fit them ,yet SIDESHOW batman foot pegs fit perfectly ,maybe try swapping out the mos pegs for regular ones ,ive never had a problem with any pegs fitting the mos body only the boots ,hope this helps , your figures looking great so far

Thanks, Libby. It's odd, it's not that the shoes fit lose, I just apply all kinds of pressure to try to get the pegs in the holes and nothing happens except at the end I'm still holding an uncoupled peg and shoe. I think the holes are too big for the peg because there's no 'snap' or any apparent engagement at all.

You'd have to paint them. He wears brown faded leather boots.
I went with a pair of these:
Monkey Depot: Insignia: Dragon US WWII Ranger Private

But i also have in reserve a pair of these:

Monkey Depot - Boots: Soldier Story US WWII Corcoran Jump

Which are incredibly nice. Soft leather, and you can weather them yourself. Plus they are closer to what he wears in the movie.
They need feet to work though.

I like a lot of the boots on that site, and I'd happily pick up the feet for them, but then my concern would be that the ankle peg would not fit the MOS leg. Working with the MOS Body is a challenge because it was created custom for this one figure (after the Schwarzenegger body was scrapped) so finding items made for standard TT fare is tougher than I'd like it to be...

Back