1/6 MMS188 The Dark Knight Rises: Selina Kyle/Catwoman Figure Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys MMS188 The Dark Knight Rises: Selina Kyle/Catwoman Figure Full Specs & P

Is anyone still looking to get this figure? I might sell mine as I have changed my mind about this figure.

Re: Hot Toys MMS188 The Dark Knight Rises: Selina Kyle/Catwoman Figure Full Specs & P

Is anyone still looking to get this figure? I might sell mine as I have changed my mind about this figure.

Hi, long time lurker and infrequent poster. I would happily take this figure off your hands. I can send you my ebay feedback, I'm sorta new to it, but I have great 100% feedback.

Last edited:

Caved again. I was gonna get it anyways. I think it's **** without the mask, the headsculpt is way below the quality of the pro to... but she looks pretty cool with mask on and I really liked her in the movie. I thought she was a great Catwoman. Well better than we could have hoped for.

1005624_490975334310338_1263041059_n.jpg

There is no question as to whether or not the leaked head sculpts are different that HT.

Look at that... dunno why, but the fake sculpt kind of looks more like Anne, I know a girl that looks just like the HT sculpt maybe thats why I think it doesn't look so much like Anne, anyway...

Look at that... dunno why, but the fake sculpt kind of looks more like Anne, I know a girl that looks just like the HT sculpt maybe thats why I think it doesn't look so much like Anne, anyway...

From there I'd say it's all in the eyes of the beholder. To me the original HT's headsculpt is undeniably Anne -- not perfect, but recognizably Ms Hathaway, at least in this photo. The other looks more like Uma Thurman to me. However, the way the shadows fall on both HS makes it seem to me that they are indeed the same (same "bone structure"), perhaps made different by the paint app particularly on the eyes and the brows.

From there I'd say it's all in the eyes of the beholder. To me the original HT's headsculpt is undeniably Anne -- not perfect, but recognizably Ms Hathaway, at least in this photo. The other looks more like Uma Thurman to me. However, the way the shadows fall on both HS makes it seem to me that they are indeed the same (same "bone structure"), perhaps made different by the paint app particularly on the eyes and the brows.

:lol Right, I think the fake one looks more slim, the lips are different too. I still prefer the HT hs anyway, I think they nailed other sculpts before like Avengers BW and Jack Sparrow but this one is not THAT good imho but its good enough

Last edited:

I really think that this figure has to be in-hand to make a solid judgment on the likeness. There are way too many variables from camera angle to lighting to even the color of the lighting that make it hard to determine. Couple that with the softness of female facial features in general and this is what you get. The pics are all over the place.

I do think that the end product is an overall decent likeness of Anne, but I really want her in-hand now more than ever to see for myself. It's going to seem like ages until she makes it to the States, even if it's only a month or so.:lol

Hi, long time lurker and infrequent poster. I would happily take this figure off your hands. I can send you my ebay feedback, I'm sorta new to it, but I have great 100% feedback.

About time you signed up. Welcome to the FREAKSHOW!:panic:

I really think that this figure has to be in-hand to make a solid judgment on the likeness. There are way too many variables from camera angle to lighting to even the color of the lighting that make it hard to determine. Couple that with the softness of female facial features in general and this is what you get. The pics are all over the place.

I do think that the end product is an overall decent likeness of Anne, but I really want her in-hand now more than ever to see for myself. It's going to seem like ages until she makes it to the States, even if it's only a month or so.:lol

Yeah. This could be one of those figures that are simply not photogenic, but has good likeness in-hand, like the DX10.

Yeah. This could be one of those figures that are simply not photogenic, but has good likeness in-hand, like the DX10.

Exactly. There are still people who don't like that figure. For that matter, that's pretty much every Hot Toys figure ever made. It's pretty rare that any figure is universally lauded.

After spending a great deal of time at onesixthrepublic last night, I'm feeling better and better about this figure.

I have no problem adding her to my collection. I'm happy with what I'm seeing when taken in total. A few not so good pics isn't enough to discourage me.

some nice pics here, but it's in Chinese

https://www.toy-people.com/?p=22486

BTW, this is an awesome toy news site that showcase a lot of upcoming new figures.

Yup, these are also some very solid shots of her. Looking quite good in about 90% of them.

Very excited to FINALLY get this figure.:yess:

Now....the waiting.:impatient: :lol

some nice pics here, but it's in Chinese

https://www.toy-people.com/?p=22486

BTW, this is an awesome toy news site that showcase a lot of upcoming new figures.

Great pics, thanks for sharing the link! So it's really about angle and lighting!
Man, I was so scared when the first in hand pics showed up, now I'm relieved.

Love this one, think that's how I'll pose her:

9288368267_2f79f202b3_b.jpg

Also perfectly covers the hairline!

Last edited:

am i the only one here worrying that the mask will somehow stain the face?

saw this elsewhere, a little fix with the eyes and it would improve the head.

Back