1/6 MMS188 The Dark Knight Rises: Selina Kyle/Catwoman Figure Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys MMS188 The Dark Knight Rises: Selina Kyle/Catwoman Figure Full Specs & P

I have this on Pre order but don't feel like I want it anymore... Something is wrong about the result...

Re: Hot Toys MMS188 The Dark Knight Rises: Selina Kyle/Catwoman Figure Full Specs & P

Tbh judging her on the unmasked shots is harsh i admit given HT's themselves never showed the sculpt like that but even masked to me she doesn't look as good as first showed (but who knows might be just bad pictures by Elljay)

Fair enough.

Also, given those head sculpts around ebay recently, I was a bit nervous that she would be disappointing to me. So far, not at all. I'm actually happy with the masked look on the final product.

i really have no issues with her from what i can see. she looks like a great companion piece to the DX12. So hopefully i should have her next week once Timcent get his listing up.

Same here mate! I wait for PayPal invoice from Timcent! I am very pleased for the final figure....

There's nothing "bad" about those pictures, they're actually very well done. But there are always going to be differences from a one-off proto to to a mass-produced final.

I don't believe in this case the sculpt changed dramatically and the differences that are really being noticed are simply because the poses and lighting are not precisely the same as the original press images. Figures like people, look very different from different angles, with different lighting, etc. So far, without side-by-side comparison, this figure looks very true to the proto shown last year. In other words, you're getting what was promised.

i really don't see the issue. At the end of the day im not going to kitbash a selina kyle in civ clothes if im honest that's rather dull. She's catwoman and that's how she's staying on my shelf.

There's nothing "bad" about those pictures, they're actually very well done. But there are always going to be differences from a one-off proto to to a mass-produced final.

I don't believe in this case the sculpt changed dramatically and the differences that are really being noticed are simply because the poses and lighting are not precisely the same as the original press images. Figures like people, look very different from different angles, with different lighting, etc.

:lecture:exactly:

Spot on.
Perhaps, I'm just deluded or starstruck by this figure, but I honestly don't see this final product as miles different from the proto.

I wouldn't go cancelling pre orders based on these pictures alone. Wait and see what other pics and videos come out.

I can't wait, thinking I should have ordered two!

y6ymujy4.jpg

9286658922_52b768c01c_o.jpg

9286604144_5dc1e37e84_o.jpg

Wow, LOVING these three shots. :clap

Without the mask is a no go.

Don't know what to think. The seam on the side of her head is horrible. Overall she is okay, I expected more. Maybe other pics coming in will look better.

Don't know what to think. The seam on the side of her head is horrible. Overall she is okay, I expected more. Maybe other pics coming in will look better.

Its not a seam. its a loose strand of hair.

[edit] it actually is a seam :O you can see it more going down the neck
( click the bar to make it larger to see it)
9283878559_268622374c_o.jpg

Im actually considering not using the crotch part of the stand, but just using the bottom of the base(presuming she has no issues with stability in those heels.)

9283878559_268622374c_o.jpg

....Yep, my hunch to sit tight until the Batman Returns Catwoman is released was right on target. Do not want.

Look at this pic. It is a seam that runs the entire length of the side of the sculpt, even down the neck.

So yeah she didn't turn out anywhere near as good as first promised did she :slap
She looks pretty similar to the pictures on the product page to me. Not sure what else was expected. :dunno

I think she looks great for about $150. Not so great at $195.

I don't believe in this case the sculpt changed dramatically and the differences that are really being noticed are simply because the poses and lighting are not precisely the same as the original press images. Figures like people, look very different from different angles, with different lighting, etc. So far, without side-by-side comparison, this figure looks very true to the proto shown last year. In other words, you're getting what was promised.

No offence but if you're replying to me then don't talk rubbish, there's more to this figure than just what Hot Toys showed us in their proto shots; she was at last years Anicom and has been in the Toy Hunters shop window for just under a year. When I compare this to the product previewed I'm not solely talking about one set of pictures.

Look at this pic. It is a seam that runs the entire length of the side of the sculpt, even down the neck.

saw that just after i posted. Still it doesn't bother me its a figure at the end of the day. I mean just look at the HULK 18 inches tall with seams and gaps everywhere yet people are drooling for him.

Also i love how people just come in to tell us they are not buying her or they are cancelling.....and?

Thankfully that is what I got her for ($150) . She will be facing backwards showing her best side on the Batpod in my display. No worries. :)

I was on the fence about pre ordering her for the longest time and only pulled the trigger when modelzone went under. I can't say I'm that impressed to be honest. I've only been collecting a short while and I'm used to being blown away by a hot toys reveal. I guess the mask will be staying on permanently.

Back