1/6 MMS188 The Dark Knight Rises: Selina Kyle/Catwoman Figure Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys MMS188 The Dark Knight Rises: Selina Kyle/Catwoman Figure Full Specs & P

saw that just after i posted. Still it doesn't bother me its a figure at the end of the day. I mean just look at the HULK 18 inches tall with seams and gaps everywhere yet people are drooling for him.

Also i love how people just come in to tell us they are not buying her or they are cancelling.....and?

I have two coming. Still not happy about the visible side seam in the sculpt. Hulk doesn't even have that. Joints are a whole different animal.

Re: Hot Toys MMS188 The Dark Knight Rises: Selina Kyle/Catwoman Figure Full Specs & P

Also i love how people just come in to tell us they are not buying her or they are cancelling.....and?

So people are only allowed to comment if they're saying nice things and are buying her? :cuckoo:

Black widow is miles better than this figure. Seems HT just wanted to get this piece out, as if it were a bother to get out some backlog. The outfit looks good, but the sculpt was just not nearly the quality they pumped out for a rooted sculpt like widow. Just seems rushed and even face paint looks weak.

The only thing that does bug me, is she is the only TDKR figure to have a normal looking base. Granted it has a rain drop design to it, but when stood next to bane and bats they will tower over her on their stands.

So people are only allowed to comment if they're saying nice things and are buying her? :cuckoo:

My comment wasn't aimed at one single person. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, criticize away. I've done it before in threads. What i am talking about are comments more along the lines of Not impressed not buying then sodding off. Great contribution to the thread.

Last edited:

saw that just after i posted. Still it doesn't bother me its a figure at the end of the day. I mean just look at the HULK 18 inches tall with seams and gaps everywhere yet people are drooling for him.
Comparing Hulk's seams (if any) & exposed joints etc - to this figure, isn't relevant really.

A female figure - like this one, should have a nicely finished face / head, to reflect the actress's looks as best as possible. Hulk's a big monster - he doesn't need to look pretty. :lol

That seam on her left side is jarring to be honest.. :monkey1

Very cool. I guess it was kind of silly request to make the mask removable since it doesn't work at all with the hair like that. It's good for customizers though. Let the Princess Diaries customs pour in! :lol

Thanks for telling us you are cancelling your POs. Now i can get my second :).

The only thing that does bug me, is she is the only TDKR figure to have a normal looking base. Granted it has a rain drop design to it, but when stood next to bane and bats they will tower over her on their stands.

I bought 2 extra Bane bases for the same reason, so now the 3 of them will have the same looking base.

No offence but if you're replying to me then don't talk rubbish,

I was replying "to all" - but to the rest of your points about the protos on display, I call BS. No offense, but we've all seen the pictures of the various display and show figures as well. Now, you might think you are a better judge because you were there in person... To that I say... But you're looking at pictures now, so don't pass final judgment until you also see the production figure in person.

To the SEAM people. It's a hair, not a seam. Look at the picture re-posted to see how the head likely comes apart - it separates BEHIND the ear. In the picture clearly showing the hair you can also see additional loose hairs. Are you guys the same people that were previously saying the eBay auctions weren't of the Hot toys sculpt?

With regards to the neck joint, show me any other female figure with an articulated head that doesn't have the same or similar joint. Even the male figures have precisely the same joint when their head sculpts are used with a body that has a built-in neck. Maybe some people need to switch over to collecting statues.

If anyone is canceling their pre-order because of these images, then like so many others I have to ask why? These images only show that the production figure is pretty much spot-on for the proto. But what other people are not saying is that anyone canceling may want to get their head checked. Especially if you've had to pay any funds up front, including but not limited to any kind of deposit. You could easily turn this around into a nice profit should you not cancel. And that's just good common sense. Get it, don't open the box and then either sell it immediately or just wait as the price climbs - it's not going to get Tumbler crazy, but you must know that for every person that no longer wants it, there's going to be at least one person who didn't order it and now wants it very badly.

Last edited:

elljay had the slutty black widow pics, why no unzipped pics?

9283878559_268622374c_o.jpg

Check out the three seams here! :panic:

How come no one is complaining about the fact the zipper is twice the size of her nose?

Love her- I think unmasked sculpt will be quite good in hand..but alas Freaks start their panic CANCELED cries again...same routine on alot of HT

Her hair is waaaaayyyyy too long...

Well, it's been over a year since the movie came out, her hair was bound to grow. ;) Just kidding. They're using the same head sculpt on their new (young) Crystal Gale DX. Yes, that box will also ship with additional extensions.

Oh noos, the sky is falling! :panic:

Yea... she may get a hair cut... we'll see.

I've got my doll hair wax ready too!

Back