1/6 MMS188 The Dark Knight Rises: Selina Kyle/Catwoman Figure Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys MMS188 The Dark Knight Rises: Selina Kyle/Catwoman Figure Full Specs & P

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUIvH5cNpxc[/ame]

Man, Catwoman and Batman look so good! Bane still sucks though.

Re: Hot Toys MMS188 The Dark Knight Rises: Selina Kyle/Catwoman Figure Full Specs & P

Agree bats and catwoman look good what is going on with bane ?

They rushed him probably.

I think they rushed him because they wanted to show him before the movie was released, or the day, or after? Can't remember exactly what day.
Or...
Because so many people were demanding them to show Bane. 'Where's Bane, HT!!!' 'Bane!!!' 'Bane again...' 'Show us Bane!!' ...ect...

I hope they will listen and fix him. They have until the end of March...unless of course it is delayed :(

I agree with you guys... another version of selina will be pointless, this one is amazing, and the removable mask is not worth spending another $200 for a figure. I can't imagine another costume/face/accesories that will make me buy another Selina...better be if they move on with another characters of the series.

Gordon SWAT throws all these "only needs one release" arguments right out of the water. There was absolutely no need for that figure to exist and yet there it is. I wouldn't be surprised if a maid or casual version of Selina is released next year as some sort of exclusive.

Gordon SWAT throws all these "only needs one release" arguments right out of the water. There was absolutely no need for that figure to exist and yet there it is. I wouldn't be surprised if a maid or casual version of Selina is released next year as some sort of exclusive.

:goodpost: Finally some sense. If we do see another Selina an exclusive makes much more sense and is far more likely than calls for a regular release variant or DX.

I'm not so sure. Gordon looks "cooler" in the SWAT outfit. Hot Toys seems to like the more bad@$$ version of these characters IMO.

They have made how many versions of Iron Man but never a causal version of Tony Stark, the Same with Batman, No causal tux version of Bruce Wayne, Captain America ( Steve Rogers in his Class A Uniform) or Superman but no Clark Kent, etc.

How many causal versions of figures in nothing but suits or dresses has Hot Toys Made? the only recent one I can think of is Caulson but even he has a gun almost as big as him.

I do not see them making Bruce Banner for the same reason (But he has the best chance the way they are milking the Avengers line). They seem to like the coolest looking version of characters. Also a Bruce Wayne, Tony Stark, Steve Rogers, Clark Kent or Bruce Banner would sell a lot more figures than a maid version of Catwoman and I am sure Hot Toys knows this.

I'm not so sure. Gordon looks "cooler" in the SWAT outfit. Hot Toys seems to like the more bad@$$ version of these characters IMO.

They have made how many versions of Iron Man but never a causal version of Tony Stark, the Same with Batman, No causal tux version of Bruce Wayne, Captain America ( Steve Rogers in his Class A Uniform) or Superman but no Clark Kent, etc.

How many causal versions of figures in nothing but suits or dresses has Hot Toys Made? the only recent one I can think of is Caulson but even he has a gun almost as big as him.

I do not see them making Bruce Banner for the same reason (But he has the best chance the way they are milking the Avengers line). They seem to like the coolest looking version of characters. Also a Bruce Wayne, Tony Stark, Steve Rogers, Clark Kent or Bruce Banner would sell a lot more figures than a maid version of Catwoman and I am sure Hot Toys knows this.

I'm not sure it's about Gordon looking cooler in the SWAT gear. It's part of it for sure, but I think it's just more that it made sense as an exclusive item. Even though he might look cooler in the SWAT gear I think the suit and tie attire is the more iconic look and I'd be willing to bet Hot Toys will capitalize on that at some point in the future.

:goodpost: Finally some sense. If we do see another Selina an exclusive makes much more sense and is far more likely than calls for a regular release variant or DX.

All of these are good points, and exactly my point about rehashing the same characters over and over with minor tweaks or accessories.

I'm not sure I need another Iron Man figure for $200+ (get the Iron Man Mark IV -that is the superior Hot Toys offering of that character, and you won't need another version of the Iron Man character once you have and play with the Mark IV). I'm not even sure we need another movie version of Batman for that money either...

My point is, for the amount of money we are shelling out, they should get the figure right the first time, not offer us this version just to 6 months later announce the same character in a varied outfit/accessories, and expect us to be okay with shelling out another $200+ for that offering. :slap

I mean really, did we REALLY need the exclusive "Rescue Rogers" figure from Captain America??? :gah: I think resources, time, energy, and effort could have been better spent elsewhere, on offerings of characters that we have not seen yet, rather than wasting our time with a "Rescue Rogers" offering. :cuckoo:

CatWoman's mask should be removable, even if it were done with small hidden peg holes in her hair just above her ears, the magnet mask idea also sounds like a winner too though. Most people are going to want the mask to be removable.

And to prove that point... Look at the first Captain America that was released, and how many people were annoyed that he did not have an "unmasked" head that came with him? Oh, and what does the new Avengers Captain America version now come with??? Yep, that's right, an unmasked head to swap in and out! Same with black costume Spider-Man and The Amazing Spider-man, They all come with unmasked heads, because the first Spider-man offering did not have an unmasked head offered with it, AND THAT WAS ANNOYING!

It should have been the same way with this CatWoman. Don't go jack us around with a later offering, make it right the first time!

Last edited:

All of these are good points, and exactly my point about rehashing the same characters over and over with minor tweaks or accessories.

I'm not sure I need another Iron Man figure for $200+ (get the Iron Man Mark IV -that is the superior Hot Toys offering of that character, and you won't need another version of the Iron Man character once you have and play with the Mark IV). I'm not even sure we need another movie version of Batman for that money either...

My point is, for the amount of money we are shelling out, they should get the figure right the first time, not offer us this version just to 6 months later announce the same character in a varied outfit/accessories, and expect us to be okay with shelling out another $200+ for that offering. :slap

I mean really, did we REALLY need the exclusive "Rescue Rogers" figure from Captain America??? :gah: I think resources, time, energy, and effort could have been better spent elsewhere, on offerings of characters that we have not seen yet, rather than wasting our time with a "Rescue Rogers" offering. :cuckoo:

CatWoman's mask should be removable, even if it were done with small hidden peg holes in her hair just above her ears, the magnet mask idea also sounds like a winner too though. Most people are going to want the mask to be removable.

And to prove that point... Look at the first Captain America that was released, and how many people were annoyed that he did not have an "unmasked" head that came with him? Oh, and what does the new Avengers Captain America version now come with??? Yep, that's right, an unmasked head to swap in and out!

It should have been the same way with this CatWoman. Don't got jack us around with a later offering, maker it right the first time!

I think the mask should be removable since a lot of people want it to be removable. I don't really care though since my figure will always be wearing the mask whether it's removable or not.
Maybe HT will see the amount of people wanting it to be removable and change it...maybe...Very small chance.

I think the mask should be removable since a lot of people want it to be removable. I don't really care though since my figure will always be wearing the mask whether it's removable or not.
Maybe HT will see the amount of people wanting it to be removable and change it...maybe...Very small chance.

Staff of Toy Hunters (official Hot Toys shop in Hong Kong) already confirmed that the mask will be removeable. I know that because many people enquired about this when pre-ordering this figure and the staff told us this.

Staff of Toy Hunters (official Hot Toys shop in Hong Kong) already confirmed that the mask will be removeable. I know that because many people enquired about this when pre-ordering this figure and the staff told us this.

:clap

This is good news.

NOW, I will pre-order her. :)

Great news!!!! :thud:

I really like to stand my heroe figures next to their alter-ego.

and they definitely meant the mask rather than the goggles which can go on top of her head?

If thats true then I really hope that HT found a way to secure them on her face

and they definitely meant the mask rather than the goggles which can go on top of her head?

If thats true then I really hope that HT found a way to secure them on her face

:lol here we go

:lol here we go

36cdsw.jpg

Im not looking for an argument, just wanna make sure :monkey3

I always thought the ideal thing for Hot Toys to do would be to package a Bruce Wayne suit sans body with the DX 12 (ala DX 01 cop Joker). They already are including that brilliant Bruce sculpt, why not give us a suit? It would be no more costly or complicated than the Police get-up for Joker.

That being said, this release of Catwoman is fine for me. I can only see displaying her in the cat suit with the mask and for sure don't expect a 2nd release featuring any of her other outfits, let alone a DX.

Back