1/6 MMS188 The Dark Knight Rises: Selina Kyle/Catwoman Figure Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys MMS188 The Dark Knight Rises: Selina Kyle/Catwoman Figure Full Specs & P

:exactly: I guess the only possible exception would be they use Photoshop to disguise flaws that will be addressed before the product ships...but it still feels shady.

For both Bane and Catwoman, I'll be waiting for in-hand pics before I purchase.

Though having said what I said, I'd still take jointed plastic muscle arms over a rubber muscle body on figures of that type any day. Not only do you have to worry about rubber degrading but it doesn't bend realistically anyway, rubber-covered elbows always look unnatural when you bend them.

Re: Hot Toys MMS188 The Dark Knight Rises: Selina Kyle/Catwoman Figure Full Specs & P

is the head going to be fully rooted? or is it going to have bald spots?
I really hope it doesnt...

I don't know why fully rooted is preferred... the hair would be crazy thick and look bad.

Actually, the word has a couple of meanings. :lol

If you say that a girl's head is 'rooted'.. you're being extremely derogatory. You're basically saying she's as ugly as sin.

It also can mean that something is no good / broken / finished / kaput - as well as the act of $ex (rooting).

We don't let our words go to waste over here.. :lol

I don't know why fully rooted is preferred... the hair would be crazy thick and look bad.

but bald spots are even worst, I do not own any female Hot Toys figures, So I don't know how the hair is,
but in things like barbies or other toys with hair, the bald spots look pretty awful, unless the top of the hair had some kind of gel or hair spray or something

If you say that a girl's head is 'rooted'.. you're being extremely derogatory. You're basically saying she's as ugly as sin.

It also can mean that something is no good / broken / finished / kaput - as well as the act of $ex (rooting).

:lol I think someone told us about this before, either you or Lejuan maybe

In North America, an infant's natural ability to search for an object is known as the 'rooting reflex.' Is it called something different there since it probably sounds dirty in your dialect?

Regarding the mask, I asked Sideshow's customer service to ask Hot Toys if it was removable. Sideshow just responded to me saying that Hot Toys confirmed that, yes, her mask is removable.

:yess:

--MW

What the hell is going on with HT head and neck connections, this is another fig with a dodgy looking H&N.

Regarding the mask, I asked Sideshow's customer service to ask Hot Toys if it was removable. Sideshow just responded to me saying that Hot Toys confirmed that, yes, her mask is removable.

:yess:

--MW

I wonder if they're just talking about the goggles, due to the language barrier. I can't see why they wouldn't show that the mask is removable in the official pics.

^I have to agree. Wouldn't HT showcase the mask-less portrait at least once? From what we can see the likeness is stellar....:dunno

^I have to agree. Wouldn't HT showcase the mask-less portrait at least once? From what we can see the likeness is stellar....:dunno

:lecture

She was never seen with that outfit on and mask off at the same time so HT have no reason to make it removable...but then again they did equip DX12 with the sbg

141719k90i4z66t3lztikd.jpg

Come to think of it seems easier to sculpt the mask separately so to place over the hair after the head is rooted. If the mask were part of the HS then you would have to fish the hair through the back loop still before rooting it or something like that..
I don't know why I would and how I would kitbash a Anne Hathaway but be a pretty cool and definitely chance to adjust the mask to sit a lil lower

They did the same think with TFA. Sculpted the head and helmet separate. If you remove it there are sections missing from the face so the helmet would sit close to the face. We may have a similar situation here.

I wonder if the mask is sort of like Loki's "muzzle"? It seems to have the "floating effect" like her mask but sits rather close to the headsculpt (but is removable).

I think HT will post pictures of her modified face in the future like they have been doing recently with some of the releases.

I think she looks perfect as is, removable mask or not. However, I feel like HT has been doing a lot of unmasked sculpts for masked/helmeted characters so it only seems fair for Selina! It also seems more practical this way like Geil mentioned, and opens up much more endless posing/custom possibilities.

I think they named this figure Selina Kyle/Cat woman for duel posing...Mask on and off...

Back