1/6 MMS188 The Dark Knight Rises: Selina Kyle/Catwoman Figure Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys MMS188 The Dark Knight Rises: Selina Kyle/Catwoman Figure Full Specs & P

Looks good but that NECK JOINT... MY EEEYEESSS!!

3719_438422322862768_1898756597_n.jpg

Not only the neck joint but the seam running down the neck - I'd hope that doesn't make it onto the final figure. People complain about that sort of thing on NECA figures!

Re: Hot Toys MMS188 The Dark Knight Rises: Selina Kyle/Catwoman Figure Full Specs & P

Looks good but that NECK JOINT... MY EEEYEESSS!!

3719_438422322862768_1898756597_n.jpg

Not only the neck joint but the seam running down the neck - I'd hope that doesn't make it onto the final figure. People complain about that sort of thing on NECA figures!

The head shots kinda look like what we saw at ani-com with the horrible discoloration. Based on the official pictures it looks like they at least fixed the color and vertical seam problem (unless they were photo shopped which would suck :()

The head shots kinda look like what we saw at ani-com with the horrible discoloration. Based on the official pictures it looks like they at least fixed the color and vertical seam problem (unless they were photo shopped which would suck :()

That would be the worry. The neck joint was certainly photoshopped so I wouldn't be surprised if they PSed out a vertical seam too. I don't get it though, is the neck plastic? The neck on Sarah Connor was rubber, and holding it up to the light just now there is very very faint seams - certainly nothing worth complaining about - but I wonder why they appear to be so noticeable on Catwoman.

I don't like it much either. The bat logo, the rain AND the nameplate just makes it seem too busy. I think it would be better without the nameplate.

Plus the shape of the base drives my OCD into overdrive! Make it oval!!!

I always thought the oval stands were too small, so hopefully they'll be circular from here on. :monkey3

I always thought the oval stands were too small, so hopefully they'll be circular from here on. :monkey3

Depends on your perspective I guess. The larger the base, the larger the display area required. The DX bases have already ruled out using a number of my single figure display cases. But my real objection is that I just don't like the design of this one. I would also prefer that they include a standard HT base with each figure in addition to the 'special' bases. You know, like with Iron Man MkVI.

I had no idea that was supposed to be rain on the base.

looks like they at least fixed the color and vertical seam problem (unless they were photo shopped which would suck :()

That would be the worry. The neck joint was certainly photoshopped so I wouldn't be surprised if they PSed out a vertical seam too....

Photoshop'ed necks? Pictures being tampered with to make them look better? Whole new necks created in Photoshop?

Nothing new. I have been banging on bout this for months and so far no one has either agreed nor disagreed with me. I present to you for your delectation and delight, the entirely created in Photoshop, Amazing Spiderman neck....

575687_10150898461392344_70239385_n.jpg

After this, I don't think HT would hesitate to PS anything to make it look good.

she's just too beautiful :clap

Its just a toy:lol. But agreed this is an excellent looking figure. The belt looks a little big but thats a minor complaint. Almost want to go see the movie now to scope out that suit in action:naughty. Dont think Ive seen this chick look any hotter. Is there somewhere that I can order those boots(and legs) for my girl?

Honestly... the neck doesn't bother me that much.. I hope they fix it, but if they don't I'll be fine. When looking the figure on a frontal angle the neck looks normal. The thing I didn't liked initially was the body proportions, and they fixed it already. So the figure looks great to me now :) ..

Its just a toy:lol. But agreed this is an excellent looking figure. The belt looks a little big but thats a minor complaint. Almost want to go see the movie now to scope out that suit in action:naughty. Dont think Ive seen this chick look any hotter. Is there somewhere that I can order those boots(and legs) for my girl?

have you try the ebay?

ahh looks very nice! as long as she doesnt have that BIG A** butt like Alice and Jill, i am all gooooood.

Photoshop'ed necks? Pictures being tampered with to make them look better? Whole new necks created in Photoshop?

Nothing new. I have been banging on bout this for months and so far no one has either agreed nor disagreed with me. I present to you for your delectation and delight, the entirely created in Photoshop, Amazing Spiderman neck....

After this, I don't think HT would hesitate to PS anything to make it look good.

let's not talk about the neck for a moment, this figure is a joke. looks very cheap, and i just dont see what is so special about the suit compare to the old one.

let's not talk about the neck for a moment, this figure is a joke. looks very cheap, and i just dont see what is so special about the suit compare to the old one.

agreed,
i didn't PO for that figures

:wave

No but we were talking about HT Photoshop-ing neck seam/lines/imperfections whenever it suits them.

That was the point of the picture. Three separate elements make that picture, the 'tease' head-with-scratches, the new proto body with improved 'V' neck and the totally PS neck.

Based on the official pictures it looks like they at least fixed the color and vertical seam problem (unless they were photo shopped which would suck :()

That would be the worry. The neck joint was certainly photoshopped so I wouldn't be surprised if they PSed out a vertical seam too.

Honestly, I assumed HT touched up photos, but photoshopping out seams and joints?! Doing this in a high priced collectibles market where people can be very picky about details is just bad business...false advertising at the least. That Spiderman neck is not even photoshopped well. :slap

ahh looks very nice! as long as she doesnt have that BIG A** butt like Alice and Jill, i am all gooooood.

:lol A lot have suggested the butt wasn't quite big enough...

cawomancrop2.jpg

(and yes, I realize that's not Anne...:wink1:)

I'm good with how she looks at the moment...at least as the backside is concerned

Honestly, I assumed HT touched up photos, but photoshopping out seams and joints?! Doing this in a high priced collectibles market where people can be very picky about details is just bad business...false advertising at the least. That Spiderman neck is not even photoshopped well. :slap

Yeah its perhaps a bit risky. But better than not photoshopping would be to fix these issues in the first place. Work out a better neck joint alternative for female figures, work at fixing things that look plainly stupid and that are at odds with the overall realism of the piece.

But better than not photoshopping would be to fix these issues in the first place. Work out a better neck joint alternative for female figures, work at fixing things that look plainly stupid and that are at odds with the overall realism of the piece.

:exactly: I guess the only possible exception would be they use Photoshop to disguise flaws that will be addressed before the product ships...but it still feels shady.

For both Bane and Catwoman, I'll be waiting for in-hand pics before I purchase.

:lol A lot have suggested the butt wasn't quite big enough...

cawomancrop2.jpg

(and yes, I realize that's not Anne...:wink1:)

I'm good with how she looks at the moment...at least as the backside is concerned

the backside is so damm niceeeee :slap

Back