1/6 MMS188 The Dark Knight Rises: Selina Kyle/Catwoman Figure Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys MMS188 The Dark Knight Rises: Selina Kyle/Catwoman Figure Full Specs & P

Hi Res post #1811

141826c640lexmaat9za59.jpg

141837hysuluohqmho9s9r.jpg

141849mg0pn5bpz8bgdd5z.jpg

141902ovs4ssy1lsq0sav2.jpg

141914r6ab4rlgaavx3br0.jpg

141924642jh1c8g6aj1n48.jpg

141936ukmuetomq7ig9v67.jpg

1419537nsqes4e4nhsvang.jpg

142006rbnaahabwb6a44m6.jpg

142021w1zmgzydmd1w1fsx.jpg

Nice looking figure!

Re: Hot Toys MMS188 The Dark Knight Rises: Selina Kyle/Catwoman Figure Full Specs & P

Ouch. That sucks. At those prices I would NOT be collecting. I dont know how you guys do it over there...

We endure. I stand corrected though, the DX12 costs $294 at its best, not $313 (but that's still loads)

How can you avoid customs?
All mine have always been stopped...like you said its a pain...customs stop it ...you then have to provide receipt for item and get stung with another nice bill.

I'm not sure if Ireland has the same policy but I read that any item that comes from outside the EU gets stopped for Customs, unless the item has been sent as 'gift' (and it also must be under the value of £40).

So whenever I buy HT from a HK eBay seller I ask them to send the item as a low value 'gift' item. It's a win win for both the seller and the buyer because the seller won't have to pay a lot for shipment if the item has a low value.

Official retailers though like Sideshow have to list the real value of the items which is why they get stopped for customs.

i thought the proto looks crappy, but she looks beautiful now. body proportion looks waaay better.

but really, how hard is it for ht to include an unmasked face? for the prices these things are going nowadays, they better go all out each and everytime.

I'm not sure if Ireland has the same policy but I read that any item that comes from outside the EU gets stopped for Customs, unless the item has been sent as 'gift' (and it also must be under the value of £40).

So whenever I buy HT from a HK eBay seller I ask them to send the item as a low value 'gift' item. It's a win win for both the seller and the buyer because the seller won't have to pay a lot for shipment if the item has a low value.

Official retailers though like Sideshow have to list the real value of the items which is why they get stopped for customs.

We have the same policy in Ireland though the value-mark upon which you get charged customs is possibly different.

Although I'm pretty sure what you say about the seller marking low value and as gift meaning they don't pay as much for shipping is wrong. Shipping cost is determined by size and weight of the package not by its declared value.

I reckon this will cost between $175 and $200. Wouldn't shock me if it were more, but it would shock me if it were less. Figure looks good. Too bad about the rooted hair. This will be the only figure-worthy Nolan bat-character I won't have a figure of.

I reckon this will cost between $175 and $200. Wouldn't shock me if it were more, but it would shock me if it were less. Figure looks good. Too bad about the rooted hair. This will be the only figure-worthy Nolan bat-character I won't have a figure of.

sculpted hair on this figure would've been quite a trick :lol

Where?? :horror UK retailers are too expensive and ordering from sideshow or other US retailer is pointless because they can't lie about the value so you end up paying lots of money for Customs.

And I don't know any HK retailers. :dunno

I've sent you a pm on possible HK options :)

This is a must buy for me.Money is no object at all!!!
The likeness is spot on and she'll look fabulous on my BAT-POD!!!

Too bad about the rooted hair. This will be the only figure-worthy Nolan bat-character I won't have a figure of.

Yeah. It'd be a lot better to have a sculpted-hair head that you couldn't pose in any other position than the one it comes in!

This looks fantastic and I want to buy. What's all this talk about a DX though? I'm confused. I definitely want a Catwoman with the goggles.

:yess:BOUGHT!

Yeah. It'd be a lot better to have a sculpted-hair head that you couldn't pose in any other position than the one it comes in!

DX06 Jacks hair was sculpted and You can get whatever position you want with that one. Sculpted doesnt mean it needs to be made of HARD plastic...

There's always a tradeoff between aesthetics and poseability. HT did the right thing, considering most don't seem to mind this, but I think you guys are overstating your case considering that no one seems to think that Jack Sparrow can't pose his head enough. It isn't like HT would have to use a resin sculpt for the hair. Then, switch out hairpiece for bike riding options would likely satisfy all those not committed to only having the rooted hair.

Back