1/6 MMS188 The Dark Knight Rises: Selina Kyle/Catwoman Figure Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys MMS188 The Dark Knight Rises: Selina Kyle/Catwoman Figure Full Specs & P

We have the same policy in Ireland though the value-mark upon which you get charged customs is possibly different.

Although I'm pretty sure what you say about the seller marking low value and as gift meaning they don't pay as much for shipping is wrong. Shipping cost is determined by size and weight of the package not by its declared value.

That is true, but when you ship something larger than a letter the post office needs to know the value of the parcel because if it gets lost they will have to refund you. But the larger value you state the more you'll have to pay for the shipment. So you have to chose between either paying loads for shipment but making sure that you get all your money back if the parcel gets lost (which practically never happens), or state a low value thus avoiding additional payment but risk losing money if the parcel gets lost.

I've sent you a pm on possible HK options :)

Re: Hot Toys MMS188 The Dark Knight Rises: Selina Kyle/Catwoman Figure Full Specs & P

Jack Sparrow DX06.

Thats all I gotta say.
as much as i want selina's hair sculpted, i think her case and jack's case is not the same. jack's hair is braided, just like a predator; it's easier for it to be sculpted and still retain head movements.

long normal hair posits a different problem. i dont want to say moveable sculpted long hair is impossible, but certainly it's no easy task to pull off.

of course, for $175 they could easily give us 5x interchangeable sculpted long hair to go with her variety poses. yes, they could even call them accessories if they like.

tumblr_m7p4ze28Mj1qfs3o0.gif

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA, NOSE!!! I meant nose :p!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hahahaha!!!

:thud::thud::thud: Outstanding likeness! Really a beautiful figure...and the neck looks ok in these shots. I'm not PO'ing her but I will gladly scoop one up next spring. The bonus cowl is not enough for me to go thru SS...why not give us something relevant to Catwoman HT? :dunno

Looks good, but why not give us the damn pearls/safe/alternate outfit instead of that empty cowl which has nothing to do with CW?

Also disappointing that the mask isn't removeable

Agreed on the pearls/outfit. This is a bare bones release if there ever was one...But as for the mask, I can only imagine her having a removable one if they gave us an outfit that she wore w/o the mask...

You can't remove that goggle mask thingy? :lol

Sneaky photoshop on all the official pics to try and lessen the hideousness of that neck joint:

141704bjonzxvjbdopjpmj.jpg

Going to have to mod the hell out of that neck

That is true, but when you ship something larger than a letter the post office needs to know the value of the parcel because if it gets lost they will have to refund you. But the larger value you state the more you'll have to pay for the shipment. So you have to chose between either paying loads for shipment but making sure that you get all your money back if the parcel gets lost (which practically never happens), or state a low value thus avoiding additional payment but risk losing money if the parcel gets lost.

Ah so you're talking about getting insurance for the full sale value rather than just partial insurance. Well sellers would generally prefer to have their sale fully insured otherwise if the deal goes pearshaped they'll be the ones to lose out because while the buyer will get all his money back the seller will only get back the lesser value that he/she declared upon postage. So its not really win-win for a seller to declare lower.

Ah so you're talking about getting insurance for the full sale value rather than just partial insurance. Well sellers would generally prefer to have their sale fully insured otherwise if the deal goes pearshaped they'll be the ones to lose out because while the buyer will get all his money back the seller will only get back the lesser value that he/she declared upon postage. So its not really win-win for a seller to declare lower.

It kind of is because despite the risk the items never get lost during shipment so sellers don't feel the need to have insurance, they'd rather pay less for shipment.

I, for one, was right on this! .. Loved the portrayal of the character in the film and have been waiting for this to be on APO. I am not dissapointed! .. the fixed mask isn't an issue for me as some people have said she didn't appear without the mask when wearing the suit. I am kinda hoping for a Selina Kyle figure in the future perhaps someday. Thatd be nice but boy oh boy I cannot wait till Bane and Catwoman are winging their way to me. Only shame is itl be next year but hey got the DX12 Batman, Joker 2.0 and the Bat Pod to tide me over. Excited!!!

I wish I was :monkey2

In UK we have to pay so much more for these god damn figures, DX12 costs $313 (at its best). Selina is $230 with the EX.

So when I hear everyone else complaining about the prices I just wanna shoot myself :gah:

But then again, you have health care. Here, every time we get sick or injured, we have to ask ourselves if it's worth paying thousands of dollars to fix ourselves.

Back