1/6 MMS188 The Dark Knight Rises: Selina Kyle/Catwoman Figure Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used the S09 tan

Is it hard to get it into the suit. How did you go about switching the body. Sorry I have never done something like this so just curious how you did it so I would better know in the future if I were to pursue this mini project.

@unrealtoys I really thought that second picture was an actual photo of Anne Hathaway for a second. Very impressive.

Thanks @dioramamaker

Is it hard to get it into the suit. How did you go about switching the body. Sorry I have never done something like this so just curious how you did it so I would better know in the future if I were to pursue this mini project.

@exshadowz, not difficult. The material is stretchy and it fits with phicen's body.

Thanks @dioramamaker

@exshadowz, not difficult. The material is stretchy and it fits with phicen's body.

ok. Do you think the newer phicen bodies would fit? I'm thinking of going for a more muscled version that they have for their newer bodies.

Hi

Awesome modifications on the figure! But could you please let me know how you got the belt off the figure?

Gorgeous photos @unrealtoys! :clap

I got mine yesterday from a fellow collector and I gotta say photos really don't do her justice. I mean, she looks great on them but even better when I look at the figure in hand. So far I haven't even tried to get the mask and goggles on coz I just really like the face. :love:

received_10155758733004363.jpeg

Now I just hope nond of the foot pegs ever breaks, they'll be hell to replace. XD I also better get some leather care so her boots and gloves don't start flaking. :/

Gorgeous photos @unrealtoys! :clap

I got mine yesterday from a fellow collector and I gotta say photos really don't do her justice. I mean, she looks great on them but even better when I look at the figure in hand. So far I haven't even tried to get the mask and goggles on coz I just really like the face. :love:

View attachment 360254

Now I just hope nond of the foot pegs ever breaks, they'll be hell to replace. XD I also better get some leather care so her boots and gloves don't start flaking. :/

Congrats @TräshCät. Yes the leathers are cheap. Be gentle with them. They flakes really fast. Another advice on the figure, be careful with the goggles.They also break easily. Never put them on other figures.

Hi

Awesome modifications on the figure! But could you please let me know how you got the belt off the figure?

@Mertz i just slide it off her body. You can also detach the belt. It's only glued by hot toys.

Another old pic. I remade the Catwoman's arm leathers since the originals are flaking badly.
CATWOMAN BATMAN (6661) ed3a SR.jpg

has anyone bought the Taobao China googles? if so, are they durable? do they look cheap or can they pass off as near-hot toys quality?

I'll need one of these.
Just picked up a second hand Selina Kyle but without googles.

Congrats @TräshCät. Yes the leathers are cheap. Be gentle with them. They flakes really fast. Another advice on the figure, be careful with the goggles.They also break easily. Never put them on other figures.

@Mertz i just slide it off her body. You can also detach the belt. It's only glued by hot toys.

Another old pic. I remade the Catwoman's arm leathers since the originals are flaking badly.
View attachment 360290

My custom Catwoman. I didn't like the original body so I've replaced it with Phicen's body.

View attachment 359649

View attachment 359651

Hey man, what modifications did you do to her face? is it a whole repaint or just the eyes and lips? Great figure!

has anyone bought the Taobao China googles? if so, are they durable? do they look cheap or can they pass off as near-hot toys quality?

The quality is so so. If the stock one is 10, I will rate this 6-7 most.
The material feels softer, so you may expand or reshape it easier with hot water. No carbon fiber finish on the goggles as shown in their official photos.

_DSC0925.jpg
_DSC0926.jpg
_DSC0928.jpg
_DSC0931.jpg
_DSC0930.jpg
_DSC0929.jpg

Ok thank you.. Took off the belt.. But what about the suit? It feels like it going to rip pulling it out from one arm )=.. And what did you use to remake the arm sleeves? Thanks a ton

View attachment 360290

Thanks for the photos. They may have used the original goggles for pics.

You are correct. It looks like a sales tactic called bait and switch. lol
I guess no other replacement options for these goggles if you break yours.

By the way, the custom boots of your catwoman are gorgeous. Too bad the people here are not observant enough to recognize your custom work. :wink1:

Ok thank you.. Took off the belt.. But what about the suit? It feels like it going to rip pulling it out from one arm )=.. And what did you use to remake the arm sleeves? Thanks a ton

Just do a search on this thread, I believe someone has posted a diy with pics.

Received them goggles today.
Haven't had time to tried them on the figure yet.
I'm at work sorry for the iPhone pics.
Overall, I would say the quality is only fair on these.
I don't have the official one as I bought my Selina Kyle second hand so something is better than nothing.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg

I should have waited before I ordered them. I was hoping to order them as a spare incase the original ones break. I jumped the gun too early and now experiencing buyers remorse. What a waste of 30 bucks.

Add me to the list of people disappointed in the Taobao goggles. I didn't mind the lack of carbon fiber finish since I was planning to display the goggles down, but the frame of the goggles aren't painted black (it's just the clear reddish plastic), plus they don't sit flush against the mask like the official ones do. So I tried putting the mask on my figure with the goggles up, and the inside of the mask left some black residue on the face, which I was fortunately able to remove without damaging the paint (as far as I can tell). I also wasn't able to get the mask to fit over the face at all (I undid the back clasp and put the mask over the face before wrapping it around the hair). And to top it all off, the little black rectangular pieces on the sides of the arms came off really easily, as did the black paint on the metal arms.

I was hoping this would be a good replacement pair for the official goggles (which I had cracked), but it's not very sturdy and there isn't any good way to display this on the figure's face. The mask itself isn't useful, but I may try swapping the lens/goggle onto the official mask. It would involve some paintwork, but it looks like the lens part is at least the same in both sets.

The mask itself isn't useful, but I may try swapping the lens/goggle onto the official mask. It would involve some paintwork, but it looks like the lens part is at least the same in both sets.
That's what I did.
I still have the straps from the original goggles then I just transplanted the lens onto the old one.
It's not perfect and for $30, I can't recommend it to anyone.

Back