MMS164 - Iron Man: Iron Monger Limited Edition Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wicked pic!!!

I have emailed Hot Toys about my chest light as it's really bumming me out but no reply.
I wonder how easy it would be to change out the bulb IF indeed Hot Toys decide to help me??

Any help on this guys would be sweet! :)

Based on my experiencee with HT, they won't help at all. When I received my Tumbler recently, it was missing a whole piece. I contacted HT because I thought that it would be stupid to replace the whole thing when HT could easily send me the missing piece and it would cost them nothing. No dice. I emailed every day until they finally responded and said that I had to take it up with the distributor (SSC). I had to send the whole piece back to SSC and wait for a replacement...such a waste. Doesn't make any sense IMO. :dunno

Based on my experiencee with HT, they won't help at all. When I received my Tumbler recently, it was missing a whole piece. I contacted HT because I thought that it would be stupid to replace the whole thing when HT could easily send me the missing piece and it would cost them nothing. No dice. I emailed every day until they finally responded and said that I had to take it up with the distributor (SSC). I had to send the whole piece back to SSC and wait for a replacement...such a waste. Doesn't make any sense IMO. :dunno

I think we need to discuss the state of costumer services with these companies and Hot Toys in particular on the next Hottoycast!

It's pretty weak sauce really. Seems all the care about is getting product out and after that, they want nothing more to do with it.

I am still thinking it's a cultural thing.

I think we need to discuss the state of costumer services with these companies and Hot Toys in particular on the next Hottoycast!

It's pretty weak sauce really. Seems all the care about is getting product out and after that, they want nothing more to do with it.

I guess...either way it's pretty lame. They know we'll buy their products anyway, so they don't care.

Finally in my detolf :yess:

016-1_zps01799d0c.jpg

One thing I just realized... where's your head?

I can see your hands on the camera, but your head is missing.

Are you really this guy right here:

744022_c809_625x1000.jpg

Does anyone have both iron manger and gantry with iron man iv?.. Curious which one is more bang for buck as I still wanting monger....

Excellent pic!

Wicked pic!!!

I have emailed Hot Toys about my chest light as it's really bumming me out but no reply.
I wonder how easy it would be to change out the bulb IF indeed Hot Toys decide to help me??

Thanks guys :) Eamon really hope you find a fix man.

One thing I just realized... where's your head?

I can see your hands on the camera, but your head is missing.

Are you really this guy right here:

744022_c809_625x1000.jpg

Dammit Cent :pfft: I was conscious of my reflection so I was ducking :lol

...I have emailed Hot Toys about my chest light as it's really bumming me out but no reply.

It looks like it would be a tough job since the LED is gooped to the hinged assembly, and there's not much room inside to do soldering and replacing unless you disassemble the whole top section. That could be a can of worms, since you'd need to take it apart and put it back together without breaking anything else. You'd need competent mechanical intuition to find the screws (the first ones are hidden under glued-on exterior panels) and remove interior ones... and hope that there aren't a bunch of lesser parts that would fall off during disassembly. (That's something you discover when you get there.)

FWIW, LEDs aren't like bulbs and aren't prone to failing unless you feed them too much voltage. It's more likely that there's an open in the circuit wiring, probably from a connector having become disconnected. Unfortunately, all that stuff is inside the torso, so you'd have to disassemble it to search.

Another possibility is that the polarity is wrong; make sure that your batteries are good and installed with the proper polarity. (This would be the best-case scenario.)

Good luck!

Does anyone have both iron manger and gantry with iron man iv?.. Curious which one is more bang for buck as I still wanting monger....

I've got both and they're both worth every penny.

You'll have more posing and displaying options with the Gantry. The details are amazing. Those that are not in-the-know, will probably look at it and recognize it as Iron Man.

The Iron Monger is a beast of a figure, even at 1/6 scale. It's got a lot of articulation but limited posing range of motion. It's a very impressive figure for sure. I would go as far as saying it's the 'Figure of the Year'. Those not in-the-know may just think it's a generic giant robot.

I think you should just flip a coin. :D

You'll have more posing and displaying options with the Gantry. The details are amazing. Those that are not in-the-know, will probably look at it and recognize it as Iron Man.

The Iron Monger is a beast of a figure, even at 1/6 scale. It's got a lot of articulation but limited posing range of motion. It's a very impressive figure for sure. I would go as far as saying it's the 'Figure of the Year'. Those not in-the-know may just think it's a generic giant robot.

I already bought the gantry...iron monger next week I hope

I don't know, I've had people work it out after taking a look at the helmet and the arc reactor on the chest. They think its Iron Man though, so...

LOL!! Cool party trick. :lol

It's my speciality :wink1:

So glad to finally have this guy !!!

P1010781.jpg

P1010779.jpg

P1010773.jpg

I also did a video review. Worth every penny for me :hi5:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dOvoQUbeY0[/ame]

Bob

Wicked pic!!!

Hot Toys is not going to give you the time of day. That is why they have retailers. You need to get a hold of your retail 1st. Again This is why I keep paying more and buying from SSC.

No they don't need to deal with the end users. This is why the have retailers. It's not that they don't care. It's why retailers get items 40/60% off to handle product with problems.

Iike you I also ask myself that. Just order both. No matter what you will pick wrong. Well that is what I tell myself.

Hot Toys is not going to give you the time of day. That is why they have retailers. You need to get a hold of your retail 1st. Again This is why I keep paying more and buying from SSC.

I would argue that much like Apple, you stand by your product.

I am hard pressed to find any supplier of any item who sells stuff for $400 plus and not have any care like that.

For many of us SideShow is just not an option as we get very very heavy costumes fees which are often half of what the product was bought for.

I would argue that much like Apple, you stand by your product.

I am hard pressed to find any supplier of any item who sells stuff for $400 plus and not have any care like that.

For many of us SideShow is just not an option as we get very very heavy costumes fees which are often half of what the product was bought for.

You don't sell anything I take it. Hot Toys or even Apple the do care. I care, that is who we sell items at a discount to retailers. It's there job to take care of the end user.

I also understand your shipment costs. Think of it as ordering off the $1.00 menu. HT makes 10% more for problems. Call the retailer is the best. Fyi, even if you buy it off eBay. The seller is a retailer and is bond by laws. Well USA laws.

You don't sell anything I take it. Hot Toys or even Apple the do care. I care, that is who we sell items at a discount to retailers. It's there job to take care of the end user.

I also understand your shipment costs. Think of it as ordering off the $1.00 menu. HT makes 10% more for problems. Call the retailer is the best. Fyi, even if you buy it off eBay. The seller is a retailer and is bond by laws. Well USA laws.

Well I sell my art. Does that give me credibility?! ;)
I have to stand by my art. If it's crap, I only have myself to blame.

I still disagree. I feel a company should stand by their products.
Besides they can and do help sometimes when they feel like it.

I would also point out the paperwork you get with their products where they say they that they have costumer care.

Surely if they have no costumer care then they wouldn't claim they do right?

You either have a policy or you don't. What we get is neither here nor there.

Back