MMS164 - Iron Man: Iron Monger Limited Edition Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It takes like at least 3 weeks for SS to get them after they are released in HK, and Monger hasn't been released yet so Nov 5th may be a bit off. At least it gives us a bit of a time frame though.

Right. That's what I'm use to seeing too.
Once this hits the streets in HK we'll know and you can start thinking about making some shelf space. :D

Aww, it hurts just thinking about it. :(

Yeah. I know a guy who owns a model kit company, and he says the customs open his containers(fresh from China), and walk through, tearing open product(Which can then no longer be sold as it's so damaged by the process), and only after they are satisfied it's all on the up and up, does the shipment get released.
I always assumed this was what happened with the broken Tumblers.

Yeah. I know a guy who owns a model kit company, and he says the customs open his containers(fresh from China), and walk through, tearing open product(Which can then no longer be sold as it's so damaged by the process), and only after they are satisfied it's all on the up and up, does the shipment get released.
I always assumed this was what happened with the broken Tumblers.
And that's the worst part about it all.
It's only after the contents are broken, shattered, what have you, that they are cleared and continue on their route. They're practically worthless after that process.

And that's the worst part about it all.
It's only after the contents are broken, shattered, what have you, that they are cleared and continue on their route. They're practically worthless after that process.

My friend with the model company sometimes i s able to salvage product and sell it on at a discount without boxes, etc.
But they can't even claim the damages from insurance for some reason as it's "wilful destruction"...
I wouldn't be surprised if any or all HT damaged items: Tumbler, LightCycle, etc have had this treatment.

I've got a friend who used to be with Customs, down on the boarder. He's also Coast Guard, and is a cop in Charleston, SC now. I've known him since we were in middle school. I'll have to ask him if he has any insight to this kinda thing. It's ridiculous that that kind of damage can occur with no recourse.

I've got a friend who used to be with Customs, down on the boarder. He's also Coast Guard, and is a cop in Charleston, SC now. I've known him since we were in middle school. I'll have to ask him if he has any insight to this kinda thing. It's ridiculous that that kind of damage can occur with no recourse.

To be fair, these are not crazy customs guys rampaging through containers with sledgehammers. They are on the clock, and have to check entire containers worth of cargo for contraband, or hidden undeclared items.
But sometimes they damage legitimate goods.

i suppose smugglers are not going to leave illegal stuff in plain sight and things need to break to reveal their hidden stash ....
also likely have to dig deep into the middle or end of the container when sampling

But the smugglers must be mad to develop such a sophisticated and life like doll only to cover up their operation lol

Resistance is Futile
:borg

To be fair, these are not crazy customs guys rampaging through containers with sledgehammers. They are on the clock, and have to check entire containers worth of cargo for contraband, or hidden undeclared items.
But sometimes they damage legitimate goods.

Yikes! Maybe this is how some of our PF statues come jacked up.

I'll be mostly asking my Customs buddy for second hand accounts. His own time was with a K9 unit looking for human cargo, drugs, and weapons coming across the boarder in cars and trucks. I don't think he had much experience on ships. Well, at least until he got into the Coast Guard.

According to the specs of this figure on SSC's website, this figure is 7 lbs. Good lord, I seriously cannot wait to have this in hand.

I am praying there is no assembly required to this piece. I prefer one big massive action figure to come straight out of the box. :)

Back