MMS164 - Iron Man: Iron Monger Limited Edition Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hot Toys really should have taken some pics of it next to the Mark IV or something. I don't think people really grasp the scale of it.

Well, the pics that reveal the portrait/torso of Jebediah should be a clue - this thing is HUGE!! The only thing I can think of to compare it to in terms of proportion is SSC Yoda's Hut (only it's a mech sit instead of a structure); it will take up about that much space to display! It's massive, highly detailed, has light-up features, a dead-on likeness to Jeff Bridges - no less than a grail piece that will eclipse even the coveted Mark I in it's awesomeness. I'd say if you need a payment plan, go the SSC route, but if you can choke down the single payment, go for someplace like AE, the cost is great - with shipping it is equal to what SS is offering pre-shipping, which is a major factor with a piece like this one...wow.

Now I'm just hoping HT can bring in the 89 Batmobile for around $500 - anything over $550 MAX would price me out due to Iron Monger's price tag, and I would HAAAAAAAATTTEE to have to miss out on either one...:(:(:(:(:(:(

I can't belive the Mark IV+Gantry costs more then the Monger!:dunno

Yeeaaahhh, I don't quite get the logic of this, either. For someone like me who put off getting the Mark IV, the gantry is a MUCH better buy than for the average IM fan, when you consider the aftermarket cost of the Mark IV versus the price of the gantry w/ the figure vs without. Go for one of the retailers who are selling the gantry with figure for 10% off SRP and the deal gets even better. But I still don't get how it rates a higher price tag the Iron Monger. Maybe HT reasons that the gantry includes a full IM figure with all the accessories, PLUS it has a highly complex gantry with multiple super-articulated arms and a reversible base that can recreate different scenes from each movie and allows for displays with various IM armors, while Iron Monger is a massive, highly complex and lovingly rendered suit (used only in the climax sequence of one movie) with a partial figure of Jeff Bridges inside? Fewer bells and whistles, fewer display options? It's the only way the price makes sense to me...:dunno

Since the Gantry comes with a Mark IV figure I ordered it without hesitation. Now, if it hadn't I would have passed even though its truly quite impressive in person with all the detail in it. Iron Monger in person is one of the most impressive 1:6th figure I've seen. Again, this thing is very detailed and flat out massive when looked at next to other figures. IMO both pieces asking price make sense.

Hey anyone wanting to get the iron monger for Free.. simply log onto sideshows website and get too spending ten thousand dollars, wait for your points and then use them and boom you got a free iron monger

lmao

No need to be thanking me boys

Last edited:
Hot Toys really should have taken some pics of it next to the Mark IV or something. I don't think people really grasp the scale of it.

There is a pic out there with him next to a Mark III:

10zolk7.jpg

Well I meant the official promo pics. But yeah that gives you some idea of the scale.

not pics but videos are better anyway

here you goo

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pzBbJopRk8"]Hot Toys 1/6 Ironman Monger Window Display - YouTube[/ame]

Well right now it is. If I see low quantity alert from SS then it is probably time to PO.

HT usually never have low quantity alerts, they will be open for order (similar to SS's ES=TBD) until close to release date, then all of sudden it's out of stock. You can probably get it from one of the online dealers but if you wait a few weeks later then the only place is ebay.

I do wish they have an ES though, but that never happens.

does alter ego charge you if you preorder something and then decide to cancel it alter? i know corner store comics does.

id just like to lock one down on preorder, but if i find a better deal later, or have soem stuff to trade for it, be able to cancel the preorder without penalty.

any ideas?

does alter ego charge you if you preorder something and then decide to cancel it alter? i know corner store comics does.

id just like to lock one down on preorder, but if i find a better deal later, or have soem stuff to trade for it, be able to cancel the preorder without penalty.

any ideas?

10% if canceled 14 days after order date. My first order from them, seems to be the cheapest from what seems like a reputable company.

alter ego got me a replacement for my ghost rider, jacket. so i think their pretty realiable. i preoredered iron monger yesterday.:)

i think i may just go with corner store comics. i have a good history with them. is there a way to figure out whos shipping is cheapest?

Probably whoever is closest to you. I just found a place in NJ where I can pick stuff up and avoid shipping totally. You figure it's going to be at least $25.

Probably whoever is closest to you. I just found a place in NJ where I can pick stuff up and avoid shipping totally. You figure it's going to be at least $25.

nice. saving on shipping is awesome.
there is a place right near me, where i actually help out sometime and can geta 30% discount, but its always a mystery if the figures really coming or not... thats why id like to preorder somewhere and then cancel later if i can get it at this place.
might as well preorder, and then resell it if i end up with 2. thats just alot at once when it finally comes.

I am living in florida and pre ordered from alter ego comics and my shipping was only $18.99.. good deal for shipping

Last edited:
Back