MMS164 - Iron Man: Iron Monger Limited Edition Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I PO from BBTS do I have to pay a deposit like SS?

Normally noo however they to must be jumping on the nrd bandwagon because they are charging a 50 dollar deposit for this

You can get this at alter ego comics or corner store comics for 431 and noo deposit

It would have been cool to get a complete Stane figure, but in comparison to what we ARE getting I don't think its too big of a deal. Although for those that do want a stane, its probably going to be tough because I doubt we'll see many heads parted out on ebay, because I dont know if too many people would want a headless one inside their Monger just to bash one, but ya never know :dunno

Normally noo however they to must be jumping on the nrd bandwagon because they are charging a 50 dollar deposit for this

You can get this at alter ego comics or corner store comics for 431 and noo deposit

Which would you recommend? Also will all these places be shipping at the same time?

Anything past $650 would simply be exorbitant!

Well my thought process is based on the tumbler retailed at $499 an with inflation and hot toys just charging more in general, you know it will be at minimum $200 dollars more than the tumbler and that will make it 699, however it probly will even more than that so that is why i put my estimate at between 699 - 799 yaa know

Well my thought process is based on the tumbler retailed at $499 an with inflation and hot toys just charging more in general, you know it will be at minimum $200 dollars more than the tumbler and that will make it 699, however it probly will even more than that so that is why i put my estimate at between 699 - 799 yaa know

I think the Tumbler is more difficult to make, the 89 Batmobile body is pretty simple (but very sleek) the interior is where the detail comes in.

Which would you recommend? Also will all these places be shipping at the same time?

I have had ordered from both and have Not had a problem with either, i placed my preorder for this with alteregocomics only because cornerstorecomics did not have it available yet and i wanted too get this done ..but normally i primarily am ordering from cornerstorecomics

I believe cornerstorecomics will probly get this in a bit sooner but not 100% sure on that

i dont think this and the upcoming batmobile will worth the amount you guys are hoping for down the line, at best it will be breakeven.

back then hot toys wasnt as popular and there were far fewer people who bought the mk1/tumbler, not to mention they retailed at a lower price. Easy to confirm just look at all the newer ironman releases they are barely going above retail price. The only one that went up a bit in value is black widow because she wasnt a popular figure and not many bought her, then they found out she's in the avenger movie after soldout.

I think have to agree! they will all eventually reach a peak, there is only so much a person is willing to pay for a plastic collectable, these will not last years and years like antiques, they will begin to fade and breakdown over time! we must remember this.

So no free shipping on this one from Sideshow? That's too bad since that can tip the scales over buying from a retailer.

I'll probably be ordering from AE as well; great service, low shipping costs and you get an additional 2% back in reward points on top of the 10% off retail :rock

I guess 'Obediah figure' was just a mistranslation. ( lucky it was even spelled correctly) But they advertised Stane inside the Monger chest and thats exactly what they delivered. None of the other Ironman figures included extra body, only Tony sculpt. I think HT is trying to make this thing as cheap as possible (without just giving it away) so that means just the bare minimum.

Still it would have been nice if they had added a dress suit so we could build our own figure

Yeah, of course they delivered, Centro.
It's just bad that a language barrier spills some of the anticipation, you know?
I would've loved to have the Armor standing up straight and Obi at the side of his Masterpiece.
And since that is a real Masterpiece and for that price, a TT with a simple suit would be amazing and not much bucks they'd put into it, or not?

Weight per cost... polystone is the cheaper material than ABS plastics (injected into moulds for Iron Monger).

Not to mentioned the man hours to paint and assemble Monger (the bigger cost for manufacturing Monger)...

A polystone statue has a much-much higher profit margin.

Weight per cost... polystone is the cheaper material than ABS plastics (injected into moulds for Iron Monger).

Not to mentioned the man hours to paint and assemble Monger (the bigger cost for manufacturing Monger)...

A polystone statue has a much-much higher profit margin.

This will be easier to paint and assemble, compared to smaller and more delicate figure such as Mark V, is it not? As that would acquire more skills to paint.

I think have to agree! they will all eventually reach a peak, there is only so much a person is willing to pay for a plastic collectable, these will not last years and years like antiques, they will begin to fade and breakdown over time! we must remember this.

If you take care of the figures they will last longer than your lifetime. Nothing will break down.

Sigh... Preordered off SS so I can do the flexpay. Price was hard to swallow... But I decided to forget about picking up a mark IV and just add the Iron Monger to accompany my mark VI and war machine. I'm betting they'll eventually release a Whiplash 2...

This will be easier to paint and assemble, compared to smaller and more delicate figure such as Mark V, is it not? As that would acquire more skills to paint.

If you own a Mk.5... you know it's pretty simple apart form the chest/Abs area. Still is much harder to paint Mk. 5.

Monger will have a more challenging Chest Area as well ... and of course the much greater material cost compared to Mk. V.

Back