MMS164 - Iron Man: Iron Monger Limited Edition Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My advice, check the feedback profile of the seller.

I had seen that seller on ebay, looked sus.

looked at their feedback profile, and whilst they had lots of positive feedback, it was all for 0.99c items and the likes.

then all of a sudden they're selling $200+ items for 'cheap'

DM, you're a veteran here, how'd you end up in this situation? :huh

Not trying to be an a-hole but why not buy from the usual suspects like SSCs or Alter Ego or at least one of the more reputable China sellers like Goodshipped or somebody.

I'm sorry to hear people getting scammed, but - Too many people are falling for this crap now. Everyone here should know better.

Don't do it, be PATIENT and wait for your TRUSTED SELLERS to get them in otherwise kiss your cash goodbye.

I'm sorry to hear people getting scammed, but - Too many people are falling for this crap now. Everyone here should know better.

Don't do it, be PATIENT and wait for your TRUSTED SELLERS to get them in otherwise kiss your cash goodbye.

If the deal is too good to be true, it's not going to be a genuine. Check out the feedback - many of these fake sellers have got hundreds of positive feedback from selling cheapo stuff like accessories for women. I suspect it's also a single conman with many accounts. I am just surprised by the number of bids on the Hot Toys items listed. Many are going to be swindled.

I am also tired of dealing with these Asia country. I sold many item to Asia and its all been lost or want low value. I learned not buy or sell to Asia period. I've been so upset and have not sold or buy on ebay for a long time. Ebay needs to fix this problem. That's my 2 cent. I'm still on the fence about iron monger. I really want this figure its just the price I can't over come. If it was $350 maybe $375. I would of bought right away. Do you guys think the price will go up higher? Is it limited enough where I better buy now or will regret it later.?

I'm of the thinking that in the next eight months the value of this will be at minimum 25% higher of the current retail price.

That is a very low estimate. Think about something like Secret Project... I bought it for $220 retail roughly and now it's at least 50% increased. This? This is a vital piece for the first Iron Man and one of three figures that isn't Iron Man himself (War Machine, Whiplash, Monger).

Jump now.

Yeah I want to buy monger so bad. Can someone give me $500 dollars. Someone on ebay will rip you off anyways. So why not help a fellow member out. Lol.

Definitely buy Monger NOW! Don't wait. His price won't be going down, just up. I see him easily going for $1,000+ in just a few years as HT won't ever V2 him.

I'd never say never with Hot Toys. Didn't think they'd do the Tumbler again but there it is.

All they need is for it to show up in the background of one of the next Iron Man or Avengers movies and they'll tap the well again.

I'd never say never with Hot Toys. Didn't think they'd do the Tumbler again but there it is.

All they need is for it to show up in the background of one of the next Iron Man or Avengers movies and they'll tap the well again.

They'd be very hard pressed to reissue this. Monger blew up. Nothing left to show in a future film. They got away with the Tumbler because of its reappeared (well in camo, which they also did) in TDKR. Plus, its Batman. Monger isn't Iron Man.

Well, unless you are willing to risk paying a higher price for it later just in case it doesn't get rereleased, I think you should jump now.

By the looks of your WTB list, you seem to be hoping to get many HTs figs for less than retail. :huh

Not sure of your strategy...

Well, unless you are willing to risk paying a higher price for it later just in case it doesn't get rereleased, I think you should jump now.

By the looks of your WTB list, you seem to be hoping to get many HTs figs for less than retail. :huh

Not sure of your strategy...

I seen that also. Taking a shot he is hoping someone would give deal. But he wants it mint in box.

I understand try to save money. But by the time you put into finding it, working it out. It would be cheaper to just but it.

They'd be very hard pressed to reissue this. Monger blew up. Nothing left to show in a future film. They got away with the Tumbler because of its reappeared (well in camo, which they also did) in TDKR. Plus, its Batman. Monger isn't Iron Man.

Just because it blew up doesn't mean it won't show up again. The Mark I blew to pieces too. Who's to say Sheild didn't reassemble it and it shows up in some background of Avengers II?

Besides, if this reaches new heights on after market prices, I'd bet dollars to donuts HTs will tap this well again.

They're becoming the kings of "upgrades", "do overs" and "re do's".

They had no real reason to redo the T2 T-800, but there it sits...no real reason to upgrade the P2 Pred or the Scar Pred but here they come! Why rerelease, well I argue, primarily because the secondary market shows there is still a demand for them...using that premise, Monger could be a candidate for a future second run easily.

The Iron Monger blew up. That's why you think Hot Toys won't revisit this figure again?

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

I doubt Monger will show up in future films, Stark retrieved MKI probably for nostalgia/research, whatever.

I think the focus will turn to Hulkbuster maybe for a wow factor instead.

Well, that's another good reason that it might show back up in the films. It could easily be used as the basis/foundation for the Hulkbuster armor. With Shield already being suspicious of Banner's ability to control the Hulk (remember the Heliport fish tank they trapped Loki in was built for the Hulk), I can see them tieing in the Monger build with some type of Hulkbuster armor.

My brother and I was just at Corner Store Comics a couple weeks back and we were noticing the similarities between the Hulkbuster Bowen statue and the HTs Monger figure. With some expert mods, this would make a great Hulkbuster custom...of course you'd have to totally lose the head.

Back