MMS164 - Iron Man: Iron Monger Limited Edition Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
-1 Samurai Predator
-2 Iron Monger
-3 Jack Sparrow ( The new DX model )

Thanks for sharing, I'm not into AVP stuff but I DID see xenomorph's video of the samurai predator and I have to say everything is short of amazing. From the alien base, to the broken sword, and acid details etc. I would agree with you there. Gotta check out Captain Jack now you've mentioned it. :)

I had to extend his feet by an inch to get him to his full height. The foot joints couldn't safely support his weight so I slipped in a little spacer temporarily. He now matches my Hulk. I sculpted the Hulk to match the Norton Hulk rather than the Avengers Hulk. But these two behemoths are eyeing each other menacingly in my displays. LOL. Sorry I still haven't given my hulk some pants to wear and the whole thing can be dissected at the waist and arms so the seams are still visible.

Picture-4.jpg
Now that's a "Hulk"! Everything tears off! :lol

@Dollmanron. Keep up the faith man :D

Right now I'm alright with my decision to pass on this figure. It does look cool though.

'Do you feel lucky? Well do you, punk?'

BC031398-95DC-4D3E-B977-A8CD530F15AD-13718-00000B034D64D58F.jpg

Great pose! :clap

I had to extend his feet by an inch to get him to his full height. The foot joints couldn't safely support his weight so I slipped in a little spacer temporarily. He now matches my Hulk. I sculpted the Hulk to match the Norton Hulk rather than the Avengers Hulk. But these two behemoths are eyeing each other menacingly in my displays. LOL. Sorry I still haven't given my hulk some pants to wear and the whole thing can be dissected at the waist and arms so the seams are still visible.

Picture-4.jpg

This somewhat gives us an idea what the HT Hulk will look next to him. Maybe not as big, but something like that.

@Dollmanron. Keep up the faith man :D

Agreed. Hang in there. I've had my ups and downs too. Its just a matter of time before the "up" comes back in yours. I'll pray for you.

I actually encourage people to never buy me anything at anytime. Makes to where I do not expect anything from anybody. I try to keep my expectations at the bottom of a barrel when it comes to people in general ( except my wife and parents ).

Oh yeah and about the Xmas thing...do what I do and not celebrate it at all. No need to worry about getting or giving gifts :)

I feel you, that is why I buy my own gifts. It's also why I highjack people that I know is going to buy me something. Saving having to hear. You remember when I bought you ????

My Top 5 HT figs 2012

5. MMS 162 Classic Predator
4. DX 12 The Dark Knight Rises
3. DX 09 Joker
2. DX 08 Batman
1. MMS 164 Iron Monger

Iron Monger was the figure that blew me away most when unboxing it. So it is easily my number 1.

Well, I won one off EBay, was in such a hurry to win one and there were so many going on at the same time I screwed up and ended up paying $64 more for the one I won then if I'd only had the chance to check my emails a few minutes; if not seconds between auctions.

I was given a second chance offer on the first one I lost and didn't even know it until winning one on my third attempt at another. This all happened in a matter of minutes and I had paid the third guy and everything before finally checking my emails and seeing it.

I still saved over a hundred dollars so I still have that, but it would have been even better to have saved two hundred on this figure. Now it’s up to the wait; the fellow told me more than twice I’d get it before Christmas so I’m holding him to it even though I have my doubts.

If it doesn’t show I guess I’ll be the only one not getting a gift this year at Christmas in my family; and I’m not kidding either. My parents are dead (mother just passed away in Aug.), I never get anything from my in laws, my wife never gets me anything (she always claims to throw in with my daughter, but my daughter says she never gets anything from her), my Daughter is trying to buy a house this year and I told her to save her money. My son barely makes enough to pay his cell phone bill and keep his car on the road. And my s***y a** brothers wouldn’t spend a penny on me if I were laying in a ditch starving and a penny’s worth of food would save my life; they’d rather throw it in the gutter.

I’m looking forward to his figure and I hope it’s everything everyone keeps saying it is. It cost me close to half of what I make a month so it’s going to have to be. I just couldn’t pass it up though.
:monkey2

I don't see where the problem is. Sorry you bid on one that you won, you put in your bid on what you wanted to pay. You won it, you paid for it. All is good in life. I paid full price for my Iron Monger

As far as your family goes. I only hear from them when they want money from me.

I'm still trying to understand. You paid under $400 for this item? Ship!

My Top 5 HT/SSC

Everything I bought this year. I cannot pick just one. It's like Lay's Potatoes chips. I have a bigger problem. I don't know what T-800 Endoskeleton I want to buy.

My Top 5 HT figs 2012

3. DX 09 Joker
2. DX 08 Batman
1. MMS 164 Iron Monger

Iron Monger was the figure that blew me away most when unboxing it. So it is easily my number 1.

I almost forgot about the Keaton Batman and Joker....amazing figures, no doubt.

I feel you, that is why I buy my own gifts. It's also why I highjack people that I know is going to buy me something. Saving having to hear. You remember when I bought you ????

I do the same thing as well...as soon as I hear the "Well, I am going to get you something for........I stop them dead in there tracks. I actually nearly beg people not to get me anything. I hate the whole gift exchange thing. Id rather someone just say "Happy Birthday ( or whatever )" and be done with it.

Only gift's I buy are for my wife but that is kind of a given thing. I only buy her things she actually wants by telling me she wants it. Considering we only have one bank account, that in general is kind of dumb also I guess.

What confuses me is this cry baby attitude that grown people get when they do not "get stuff" from other people for birthdays or Xmas or whatever other 100 holiday's out there.

My Top 5 HT figs 2012

3. DX 09 Joker
2. DX 08 Batman
1. MMS 164 Iron Monger

Love the countdown and that's an awesome list right there. :hi5:

I know what you mean when you say the whole "Gift exchange thing".Although maybe you re like me,in as much as I'd happily buy anything for anyone,as long as I knew what they wanted.Its the whole trawling round the shops buying random crap with a scattergun approach I hate.

Problem from my end with gifts is Im embarrassed to admit I collect this stuff!My birthdays Christmas Day so I could easily get away with asking for a Dx10,which I'd absolutely love.But I'd feel ashamed.So more socks and Arnies biography it is!

I have a bigger problem. I don't know what T-800 Endoskeleton I want to buy.

Same here.

I've just about wrote off on the SideShow 1:2 offering. So, now there's either HT's or Enterbay's at 1:4. I think it will just boil down to whichever manufacturer gets their product to the market first.

Does his legs extend or are people just folding his heel and toe parts together to get the extra height?

And I've watched a lot of previews and everyone seems to slide him around without picking him up, isn't that rubbing the paint off the edges of the bottom of his feet?

Back