MMS164 - Iron Man: Iron Monger Limited Edition Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So it's not like getting a 1/6 ThreeA bot? Where you could fit a medium sized dog in the box pretty easily?

Nope. I was actually very happy with the box. It's as small as could be and perfect in it's effectiveness. Similar in size to the WWR Caesar box I guess but way nicer.

I understand.

But when you open up your Monger on Xmas I'm sure you'll be happy and I doubt you'll even think about the size of the box anymore.

Is it just me or does the box seem small for something so big and wide? Guess I was looking for the ups guy to bring it to the door with two hands. Not la la, it even has a handle on top.

Samurai is going to be pretty hard to beat, but since I do not have Monger in my hands yet I can not say for sure. They are both looking to be home run's to me though.

I saw that photo, but they had to remove a shelf which I am hoping to avoid. I was wondering if his legs bend enough so that he can crouch or if if his torso allows him to hunch. Mine is coming from AE, so I probably have a few more weeks to wait.

You can buy yourself a set of u-clamps. These attach to the metal frame and you can adjust the height. The glass sits on this. If you intend to display the Monger on the top shelf, you only need to lower that one shelf
But if it's all HT you have, you can adjust the lower shelves down a bit and give yourself more room for the Monger up top.

Just took a look at what came in. Turn out it was Iron Monger. I know one of two items would be here this month. This is going to be a very very hard month. I don't open anything till Christmas.

Woah, I admire your willpower. I wouldn't even be able to keep that unopened til Christmas. I'd be lucky if 24hrs went by before I opened up that thing. :)

You can buy yourself a set of u-clamps. These attach to the metal frame and you can adjust the height. The glass sits on this. If you intend to display the Monger on the top shelf, you only need to lower that one shelf. But if it's all HT you have, you can adjust the lower shelves down a bit and give yourself more room for the Monger up top.

That sounds like a perfect idea; do they sell the u-clamps at Ikea or Home Depot? I use my glass display cases for my 1/4th and the Detolfs for HT, so allowing me to adjust the shelves would work great.

That sounds like a perfect idea; do they sell the u-clamps at Ikea or Home Depot? I use my glass display cases for my 1/4th and the Detolfs for HT, so allowing me to adjust the shelves would work great.

Well, i called them u-clamps.
They are u-shaped, but the actual product is a "wire rope grip". It's meant to grip the loose ends of the wires together when you are mounting something with wire. The link below is for 3mm diameter, but the ones needed are 8mm.
You should be able to find something local to you but if not, send me a message and i can pick you some packs up. It's no hassle. You'll need one pack per shelf as there are four in a pack.
https://www.homebase.co.uk/webapp/w...gId=110&searchTerms=wire+rope+grip&authToken=

Well, i called them u-clamps.
They are u-shaped, but the actual product is a "wire rope grip". It's meant to grip the loose ends of the wires together when you are mounting something with wire. The link below is for 3mm diameter, but the ones needed are 8mm. You should be able to find something local to you but if not, send me a message and i can pick you some packs up. It's no hassle. You'll need one pack per shelf as there are four in a pack.

Ahh, I know exactly what you are talking about now. We used those to hang the tarp over our kid's playground. Do you still run a cord under the glass or are the 8mm large enough that the glass just sits on top of the U grip? Thanks again for the advice.

Ahh, I know exactly what you are talking about now. We used those to hang the tarp over our kid's playground. Do you still run a cord under the glass or are the 8mm large enough that the glass just sits on top of the U grip? Thanks again for the advice.

The two threaded parts are enough to hold the shelf on their own.
I have just used them to show you how it works. I lowered the top shelf so there was 17" of clearance.
The shelf has been lowered so there is only a few mm of clearance on the figures below.
If you had two sets of these rope grips, and lowered the middle shelf so it only had a little bit of clearance over whatever figures you are displaying there, the top shelf could be lowered even further.

Here are pics of the ones i used with a HT head:

IMG_1683.jpg

IMG_1684.jpg

And pics of the top shelf lowered:

IMG_1685.jpg

IMG_1686.jpg

IMG_1687.jpg

Yeah I bought some clamps, works a treat with some of my larger stuff.

Woah, I admire your willpower. I wouldn't even be able to keep that unopened til Christmas. I'd be lucky if 24hrs went by before I opened up that thing. :)

:exactly:
Hoping he at least peeks in to make sure its all good.

Back