1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Found this short video of the figure sporting a custom suit designed by CapedWonder, who specializes in making 1/1 replica Superman outfits, at a request made a custom replica 1/6 scale version to fit this figure. They didn't mass produce it, it was just done as a custom per someone's request. Best custom suit I've seen for this figure personally, as I really like the cape and how the S glyph was done on it, as well as the S glyph on the front of the suit. Though I do think I like the stock HT trunks and belt a bit better, as the material of the belt in the film to me looked more similar to what HT did and the belt loops hug the belt tighter.

This suit cost $1,300.

I am asking about the body swap cause i am planning to give evil superman the tony mei jim lee head sculpt.
So i wanted him to have more muscles.

For 1/6 scale??? :horror

Yep. I contacted them wanting to buy one. I knew it would be expensive. I was thinking $300 or something. But nope, I was about $1000 off. And they said they don't make them any more.

I was thinking for this price it should have real leather boots.

Yep. I contacted them wanting to buy one. I knew it would be expensive. I was thinking $300 or something. But nope, I was about $1000 off. And they said they don't make them any more.

I was thinking for this price it should have real leather boots.

Yeah, definitely not worth that price. At all. The only think I personally think that's off about the stock HT suit is the screen printed S glyphs on the chest and cape.

This still remains one of my favorite figures in my collection. One I'd replace in an instant if anything happened to it.

c3a52193261e10ba32f183598f63feb3.jpg
62ead9717aeff9b964e8595e30497cc1.jpg

Decided to take a chance and make a new shield for my Reeve figure, as I never cared for how stretched out horizontally the one was on mine, or the ugly black outlines they had within it. So I removed the decal, used some Goo Gone (along with some hot water and a lot of scrubbing) to remove as much of the residue as I could, then printed out a new shield on some fabric paper, enhanced the red a bit more with some paint, and attached it to the suit with fabric glue.

Not really sure how strongly it's held on there right now, but as long as I don't mess with the suit too much I think it'll stay on ok. :p And I didn't take any pics, but I also made a new yellow shield for the cape as well.

20170216_215347 (674x1100).jpg

20170216_215402 (659x950).jpg

20170216_215341 (685x950).jpg

20170216_215332 (694x950).jpg

That looks stunning, davejames. Nice work. :clap

It's a shame that the S glyph is a little off because I personally think there's utterly nothing wrong with the suit itself. The glyph would look so much better if it was integrated in as being part of the fabric of the suit and didn't contain the dark lines within it, as you mentioned. The glyph on the cape could stand to be better also.

Can you take some pictures of your modded cape glyph?

Very nice display!

Sure here you go. For that I just made a simple sticker, since it was in the back and didn't need to be stretched out over a chest. And I used an image of the S from the actual screen-used cape as well, which I thought was kind of a fun touch.

20170216_231412 (669x950).jpg

vec_sup.jpg

Hey guys! This is my first post on sideshow, I'm from London. I'm not a huge 1/6 collector, just a handful from some of my favourite movies through the years. I picked up Superman a couple of years ago and compared to the other figures I had, there was a great fidelity to the sculpt and I was pleased to see they got Reeves likeness improving greatly on the prototype. There were several things that bugged me about the figure so I decided, what the hell, have a go at fixing them myself. I took this shot a couple of days ago. Though he's partially in silhouette, I was curious to know if fans of the figure could spot what changes I've made to, in my opinion, improve the figure.

Cheers!

Attachments

• superman1.jpg
    superman1.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 189
Unable to tell due to it being obfuscated by the shadowing, but the pose looks remarkable. With the shadows added, the pose reminds me of the scene in the film when it first showed him in full costume in the FoS from a distance, right after Jor-El finished saying "....my only son." And the theme cranked up.

Awesome shot! And looks to me like you gave him a new unwired cape which is a bit longer and hangs more naturally, which is a mod I've been wanting to do for quite a while.

I'd love to give mine a better cape to. The wired cape he has is just horrible to work with. Can never get it looking right.

Awesome shot! And looks to me like you gave him a new unwired cape which is a bit longer and hangs more naturally, which is a mod I've been wanting to do for quite a while.

I was going to say the cape as well, but couldn't tell for certain due to the shadowing.

Thanks for the compliment on the photo. The Cape is red rayon fabric. Falls realistically on 1/6 figures. The idea came from a black rayon custom Cape I purhased for my dx12 tdk. The other changes are anatomical. Hot toys Reeve neck isn't right and throws off the sculpt. When you think about Reeves as superman, his thick neck which is virtually in line with his jaw made him look powerful. I modded his neck to give it more thickness and instantly he looked spot on Reeve. Pose ability on the figure is also limited due to the torso so I carved it so it was possible to relax his arms which is how I wanted to pose him.

davejames love your solution to the "S" decal it looks fantastic. Is there a specific kind of fabric paper you used, specific weight? I'd like to try the same thing in mine.

Thanks for the compliment on the photo. The Cape is red rayon fabric. Falls realistically on 1/6 figures. The idea came from a black rayon custom Cape I purhased for my dx12 tdk. The other changes are anatomical. Hot toys Reeve neck isn't right and throws off the sculpt. When you think about Reeves as superman, his thick neck which is virtually in line with his jaw made him look powerful. I modded his neck to give it more thickness and instantly he looked spot on Reeve. Pose ability on the figure is also limited due to the torso so I carved it so it was possible to relax his arms which is how I wanted to pose him.

I probably have the same custom cape for my DX12 then. The forigno cape, correct?

Does anyone have issues with the cup inside the neck cracking? Is it repairable/replaceable?

I've seen that issue mentioned earlier in this thread. Not sure if it's happened to mine though, as I haven't popped off the head to look. It swivels fine and doesn't feel loose, so I presume all is ok. From what I recall, I believe the issue can be repaired. Not exactly sure how though.

davejames love your solution to the "S" decal it looks fantastic. Is there a specific kind of fabric paper you used, specific weight? I'd like to try the same thing in mine.

Thanks. It was just this really thin computer printer fabric they sell in craft stores. This is the specific type I used:

https://www.joann.com/june-tailor-computer-printer-fabric-4-pkg/prd2813.html

And here's a copy of the shields I made as well if you want to use them. Although they were just done in Paint and I'm sure there are much nicer ones could be made. Lol

https://s8.postimg.org/uz9j4khth/shield1.jpg
https://s15.postimg.org/jl7dic27v/shield2.jpg

Back