1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
9112034373_9ff3374067_c.jpg

© All rights reserved by Bleau Aquino

Brilliant. I'd love to see more customs like this. I'd love to own this.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

Can't believe HT never made Clark Kent :slap

It must have been too expensive for them.

Thanks for the kind words guys. This figure really is superb. I just love going through this thread and looking at all the cool displays and poses that people have for this guy. :love

Sure, no problem. I just started collecting last year and have tried to be selective with only the pieces that I like. Had planned to focus on Nolan Batman stuff, but with Hot Toys it's really hard to stay focused on only one line. :lol Original plan was to wait for Cavill Superman to come out and then quit cold turkey. But not sure if that's actually going to happen. :lol

dsc00272u.jpg

Is that a fish tank? Kind of what I was planning on going for to house the avengers and the Nolan Batman display once Hulk and 1/4 Batman:)impatient:) show up. Right now I just have my 10 or 11 HT figures displayed in single 15in tall doll cases. They are affordable enough(18$) to not take too much from the toy fund, while still keeping these things in new condition. When opening the cases they still smell brand new. Great for a single figure display. Btw, like your Superman pose. Makes him look more muscular.

Is that a fish tank? Kind of what I was planning on going for to house the avengers and the Nolan Batman display once Hulk and 1/4 Batman:)impatient:) show up. Right now I just have my 10 or 11 HT figures displayed in single 15in tall doll cases. They are affordable enough(18$) to not take too much from the toy fund, while still keeping these things in new condition. When opening the cases they still smell brand new. Great for a single figure display. Btw, like your Superman pose. Makes him look more muscular.

It's a modified Ikea Granas Coffee table. I'm not sure if they still sell them, but you can probably pick one up used for cheap (~$30 to $60) through Craigslist in your area. It'll be great for the Avengers but you may have to drop the bottom platform a bit more to accommodate the Hulk. I don't think there's enough space for the 1/4 Batman though. The mod process is in this thread:

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91065

As for the Superman poses, there are so many geeky iconic poses for him! It's too damn tempting to not want to fiddle with him. I went for Superman #1.

pqr.gif
blo.jpg

v7cs.jpg

Something is telling me to pick up this figure. Then I'll want 89 Bats though and that will lead to another figure and another......

Something is telling me to pick up this figure. Then I'll want 89 Bats though and that will lead to another figure and another......

Can't imagine being in this hobby without those guys

I personally don't like the 89 Batman. I have no problems displaying Reeve with my DX12. Don't feel pressured into getting a Keaton Bats just because you want a Reeve Superman!:

IMG_3868.jpg~original

I personally don't like the 89 Batman. I have no problems displaying Reeve with my DX12. Don't feel pressured into getting a Keaton Bats just because you want a Reeve Superman!:

IMG_3868.jpg~original
They do look good together.
Nice set up buddy and custom stand.

Sweet display of the World's Finest! I also like your custom doll stand too! :clap

death....I lost tinest bit of respect for you. :( Not really but you know what I mean. :lol I feel the complete reverse. I dont see much cheese at all in Batman besides the Prince songs if you want to count those. Superman on the other hand.....has aged quite badly. Oh well....

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

Agreed. I'm not sure where the cheese everyone is talking about in that movie is. I think people compare it to Nolan and misinterpret the tone as cheesyness. Cheesy in my opinion are those ASM2 pics with the kid in the costume.

Sweet display of the World's Finest! I also like your custom doll stand too! :clap

They do look good together.
Nice set up buddy and custom stand.

Thanks guys. I just made the stand myself. A couple of layers of 2mm styrene glued together, cut to shape, sanded smooth as glass and painted with three coats of Ford Rosso Red. Pic below.
I found a guy on Ebay selling a pack of 8 waist grabber flight stands, so i am going to make some more flight stands when they arrive to have all my Superman figures in horizontal flying poses.

IMG_3862.jpg~original

I know I'm late to the Hot Toys scene but I got my Superman today and I'm thoroughly impressed. You guys have any tips on how to get the cape to lay flatter on his shoulders?

Just keep on pressing it with your thumb. It'll flatten out sooner or later.

Still having fun with this figure! :D

image4.jpeg

By far (to me) the best looking, and most realistic HT figure to date.

I love those 2, the 2nd is the best because of the glare, as if you were glancing out your window as he went past.

Back