1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

I'd love to have a well done George Reeves Superman for my collection.

Wow, reeves red undies actually look like fur or some similar fluffy fabric. Not a great look :)

As would I. I hope that HT pursues and acquires the 60's Batman license, and that could serve as a gateway to some of the other classic licenses, such as George Reeves in The Adventures of Superman. A lá Reeve Superman to Keaton Batman to Batman Returns. I think that they've seen how popular some of these classic licenses are, so they may be more open to the pursuit of such licenses.

Just got mine tonight and wow...what a figure. Not sure of the pose I want to do. I'll take pics tomorrow if anyone is interested

IMG_20120607_181152.jpg

I'm hopeful that HT listens to their new golden boy, Kato:

7. Do you have any other projects that would like to collaborate with Hot Toys in the future?

I love to make 1/6th scale suit so much, so for every character that has a suit, I would like to make it such as those in Iron Man 2 - Tony Stark wearing Tuxedo, Black Widow in secretary look and Christopher Reeves Superman - Clark Kent in reporter look.

If you build it, I will buy. :lecture

Nice review, but I can't stress this enough: REEVE! REEVE! REEVE!

It really grinds my gears when I see "Reeves" when ppl are talkng about Christoper Reeve. But there's really no point in trying to correct ppl. they'll keep on doing it.

:lecture:goodpost:

I hope to one day have all versions of Superman TV and film

I'm hopeful that HT listens to their new golden boy, Kato:

7. Do you have any other projects that would like to collaborate with Hot Toys in the future?

I love to make 1/6th scale suit so much, so for every character that has a suit, I would like to make it such as those in Iron Man 2 - Tony Stark wearing Tuxedo, Black Widow in secretary look and Christopher Reeves Superman - Clark Kent in reporter look.

If you build it, I will buy. :lecture

We may see the DX Reeve after all :pray:

I was asking about the knock-off kryptonite. Some guy selling them, and they look pretty close, just a clean chain. Wondering if its worth $20.

No way I'm paying $80-$100 for the krypto chain.

They are great. I picked one up from the seller along with a Clark Kent and Superman head. Very fast delivery and looks great.

They are great. I picked one up from the seller along with a Clark Kent and Superman head. Very fast delivery and looks great.

was that just a random sculpt or was it a HT sculpt turned into a Clark head?

nice man did it come with the glasses too?

No. Glasses came from someone off Ebay as well.

You could find them here. 1 more set left as I bought 2. lol

Spoiler Spoiler:

No. Glasses came from someone off Ebay as well.

You could find them here. 1 more set left as I bought 2. lol

Spoiler Spoiler:

awesome thanks, Luthor1940! I've seen these before but didn't know how'd they look in a figure. those work perfectly!

It really grinds my gears when I see "Reeves" when ppl are talkng about Christoper Reeve. But there's really no point in trying to correct ppl. they'll keep on doing it.

:lecture:goodpost:

I hope to one day have all versions of Superman TV and film

We may see the DX Reeve after all :pray:

I would love a DX Reeve. I like PERS, but it wouldn't be the main draw for this figure. I think that it's gotten to a point where they are perfectly capable of doing it right. That being said, I still believe that the DX line is meant for iconic characters, and you really can't get more iconic than Reeve as Superman. The fact of the matter is that, I believe, the MMS Superman is the peak of that line, and I'd like to see him dominate the DX line as well. The MMS is a pretty bare bones figure, so I could only imagine what could happen with a fully stocked DX. I've said it before, but I also would love a 1/4 Reeve Superman.

Kato mentioned in his interview with HT that he would like to work with them on future projects involving suits such as Tony Stark in a tuxedo or a Clark Kent figure.

That would be dope. A CR Kent as a separate figure. I've still yet to pick this one up as BBTS still has over 150 in stock, but soon this figure will be mine.

Back