1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

I just hope we get a little more. A Zod, Jor-El, (black) Clark or something. But even if we don't this is a grail piece and i'm happy.

Has anyone had problems selling these on Ebay with fraudulant buyers?

I had originally bought an exclusive and a regular, wasn't sure which I wanted to keep or if I would keep both and use one as a Clark Kent... Well I needed the cash for some new figures so decided to unload my regular version on Ebay (top rated seller), I don't buy these for profit, I do it for my personal collection, and I knew I wouldn't make money on ebay for it.

The banner on my box had a slight tear and I mentioned that in the auction but the figure was mint.

I then get an e-mail from the buyer saying there is a "flaw" on the right shoulder, I ask him to send me a picture and its an obvious big snag on the front of the right shoulder! I would have seen this when I was looking over the figure, no way I would have missed it. So I am thinking that he had a flawed one himself and bought mine so he could swap out his figure with mine and knows because of how much Ebay favors buyers, I couldn't do anything about it. Being a top rated seller with 100% positive feedback he is right, I have a 14 day return policy as ebay now required for top rated status (which gives 20% off fees) and I can't say no to him to returning it. If I tell Ebay he sent back a different item they will most likely favor with him, which is why we all hate ebay!

just wondering if anyone else has ever had this problem with hot toys figures? I was going to list a few of my other ones to make room as well and now am scared to, seems like Ebay is way too easy for people to commit fraud on, especially since sellers can only leave positive feedback to buyers!

Also I looked at his past auctions and 45 days ago he SOLD a superman himself, why would he be buying mine if he just sold one himself (and for the same price he bought mine for). And to make things worse he sold a couple 1989 Hot Toys Bat Mobiles!!! sold them for $400 and $425 or something like that, with FREE shipping, said payment due in full now. He said his wife works for hot toys (they live in New York) and he gets really good prices on them, yeah right! I am sure hot toys wants their products unloaded on ebay for 25% less than retail! but the guy has over 200 positive feedback so Ebay suspects nothing...

I had originally bought an exclusive and a regular, wasn't sure which I wanted to keep or if I would keep both and use one as a Clark Kent... Well I needed the cash for some new figures so decided to unload my regular version on Ebay (top rated seller), I don't buy these for profit, I do it for my personal collection, and I knew I wouldn't make money on ebay for it.

The banner on my box had a slight tear and I mentioned that in the auction but the figure was mint.

I then get an e-mail from the buyer saying there is a "flaw" on the right shoulder, I ask him to send me a picture and its an obvious big snag on the front of the right shoulder! I would have seen this when I was looking over the figure, no way I would have missed it. So I am thinking that he had a flawed one himself and bought mine so he could swap out his figure with mine and knows because of how much Ebay favors buyers, I couldn't do anything about it. Being a top rated seller with 100% positive feedback he is right, I have a 14 day return policy as ebay now required for top rated status (which gives 20% off fees) and I can't say no to him to returning it. If I tell Ebay he sent back a different item they will most likely favor with him, which is why we all hate ebay!

just wondering if anyone else has ever had this problem with hot toys figures? I was going to list a few of my other ones to make room as well and now am scared to, seems like Ebay is way too easy for people to commit fraud on, especially since sellers can only leave positive feedback to buyers!

Also I looked at his past auctions and 45 days ago he SOLD a superman himself, why would he be buying mine if he just sold one himself (and for the same price he bought mine for). And to make things worse he sold a couple 1989 Hot Toys Bat Mobiles!!! sold them for $400 and $425 or something like that, with FREE shipping, said payment due in full now. He said his wife works for hot toys (they live in New York) and he gets really good prices on them, yeah right! I am sure hot toys wants their products unloaded on ebay for 25% less than retail! but the guy has over 200 positive feedback so Ebay suspects nothing...

Sounds fishy.

Did you have photos of the Superman for your auction. If there are no snags in your pics perhaps you can point that out. I dunno. I haven't used eBay since 1997.

If you don't sell that often, why does one bad deal even matter? :huh
Why are you so worked up about 100% positive feedback?

Tell the guy to leave negative feedback or give him a 10% refund and and then tell him to go pound salt.

If you don't sell that often, why does one bad deal even matter? :huh
Why are you so worked up about 100% positive feedback?

Tell the guy to leave negative feedback or give him a 10% refund and and then tell him to go pound salt.

I sell other things on ebay, old computer parts, sports memorbilia, stuff I want to unload... 20% off fees is a big deal and negative feedback eliminates that discount.

superironman-1.jpg

Will you never turn the biceps out? :pray:

25% less than retail? Heck, give me his address. :rotfl:rotfl

Here is my crappy pic. Note how the biceps are not turned inwards in an unnatural looking pose. :hi5:

Realized that I never took a pic of mine with Oscorp-inspired post.

399788_10150455269145796_620715795_8821601_1023030140_n.jpg

THIS WAS SUPER FUN lets do this again tommorow..........:gah: it's all good what ever only i have to like his pose ....the pose before was trying to make him stand on own without stand....and just quickly posted pic b4 looking at.....anyway later on...

This whole series of posts made me laugh. For real though, man, just slappin' him up in any old pose like he just jumped out of the box onto the shelf seems like kind of a waste of having an awesome figure. :dunno

This Hot Toys is so awesome! It's a shame that the Superman Returns one was so crappy. Wish they would remake it all together. Wishful thinking though...

This Hot Toys is so awesome! It's a shame that the Superman Returns one was so crappy. Wish they would remake it all together. Wishful thinking though...

We will likely get a superman from the new movie:D I for one was not a big fan of the returns movie.

Yeah but have you seen the outfit :horror

Back