1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice review, but I can't stress this enough: REEVE! REEVE! REEVE!

Reeves:

george-reeves.jpg

Reeve:

Christopher-Reeve.jpg

I know I realized what I said after I filmed it & was too lazy to fix it

Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

I know I realized what I said after I filmed it & was too lazy to fix it

I kind of assumed that judging by the fact that Reeve was in the title of the video, but figured I'd point it out just in case. I went back and watched some of your other reviews as well; good stuff! :hi5:

I asked this too, in the MK Batman thread.

What is the difference between the DX (deluxe) version and the MMS (Movie Masterpiece) version?

That's actually pretty accurate, considering that most DX's are a bit more fleshed out than their standard bare bones counterparts. Granted, their are a lot of MMS releases that come fully stocked from the get go, but there are those that aren't, as well.

MMS.......................................DX

image006.jpg

Very funny, Wor-gar. But really, besides the PERS, what's the big difference? I mean, both CR Superman and MK Batman has tons of accessories. The only thing different with them is the PERS. So having just the PERS makes the figure a DX?

Where are you getting that Superman has tons of accessories? Outside of the base and the hands, unless you got the Ex, the accessories were pretty much jack. :dunno:

Where are you getting that Superman has tons of accessories? Outside of the base and the hands, unless you got the Ex, the accessories were pretty much jack. :dunno:

Well, it does have multiple hands, two kinds of bases, excellent packaging. Most Hot Toy figures have only one base. And there aren't any other 'essential' accessories anymore for CR Superman, are there? Even the kryptonite chain isn't all that essential, JMHO.

All HT figures come with multiple hands. Can't really count those as accessories, not in my book at least. Same thing with the standard MMS base: not an accessory. This figure is pretty bare bones. Only accessories is the Fortress base and the Kryptonite necklace if you got the EX.

If CR superman were to get the DX treatment, he'd most likely come with 2 sculpts (superman and Clark kent) Both with PERS, plus Clark Kents reporter gear along with an upgraded more accurate Superman suit

All HT figures come with multiple hands. Can't really count those as accessories, not in my book at least. Same thing with the standard MMS base: not an accessory. This figure is pretty bare bones. Only accessories is the Fortress base and the Kryptonite necklace if you got the EX.

It CR superman were to get the DX treatment, he'd most likely come with 2 sculpts (superman and Clark kent) plus Clark Kents reporter gear along with an upgraded more accurate Superman suit

You're right, would be nice to get a Clark Kent gear for the next release, if ever there is one. I see the point about what can be labelled as accessories and what aren't.

Thus, a DX would be awesome. If it were made, I'd like a smiling sculpt and Kato clothing to boot. :lecture

If accessories made a DX, then the T-1000 would be Super-DX'd.

Speaking with bias but still one of the my favourite HT figures. That was one immensely fun figure-opening day...apart from the agony of having recently had my tonsils out.

I still don't understand why that figure got made with all that good stuff. What was HT thinking?

They are great. I picked one up from the seller along with a Clark Kent and Superman head. Very fast delivery and looks great.

Hmm, I can't seem to find this other chain on ebay. Are there still some available?

I still don't understand why that figure got made with all that good stuff. What was HT thinking?

Probably that they now automatically had a market for that weird T1000 in Sarah Connor Disguise release :)

Back