1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

That's just so much nonsense. If he likes that arrangement, it's fine. It's a Superman display, pure and simple. Just because you only have a few pieces, don't go all Martha Stewart on those who have expansive collections.

I've got truly valuable vintage Batman pieces mixed in with lesser Hot Toys pieces. Should I remove the less valuable new stuff?

I think you're confusing "quality" as Kamandi put it with "value" just because you have a MEGO Batman worth $10k vs. a Hot Toys Keaton Batman worth $250 (just an example), doesn't necessarily make the MEGO better quality. Anywho, continue on with your discussion.

009-5.jpg

Does the Superman nude have equal range of flexion at the knees as the Advanced Truetype or does it bend only to a ninety degree angle?

Does the Superman nude have equal range of flexion at the knees as the Advanced Truetype or does it bend only to a ninety degree angle?

It's more limited... it goes to 115 degrees.... While TT goes to around 165.... Similarly with the elbow joints

STILL LOVING THIS FIGURE ,just AWESOME SHOULD BE FIGURE OF THE YEAR! I hope we get a CLARK KENT hs version later on ...offtopic next time ya watch superman 2 donnercut ,check out the stink eye JAREL gives LOIS when superman gives up his powers for her...:lol

O but he is figure of the year!

Not only overcrowded, but you have some nice stuff mixed with other lesser quality stuff and it hurts the whole.

Just like a chain is only as good as it's weakest link any grouping of figures is only as good as the ugliest figure. For example Routh Superman is not holding up well over time. I wouldn't let it within a mile of Reeve Superman.

That's just so much nonsense. If he likes that arrangement, it's fine. It's a Superman display, pure and simple. Just because you only have a few pieces, don't go all Martha Stewart on those who have expansive collections.

I've got truly valuable vintage Batman pieces mixed in with lesser Hot Toys pieces. Should I remove the less valuable new stuff?

:exactly::goodpost: Totally agree with you.

I agree with the sentiment that people have the right to display things how ever they want, but Kamandi was just expressing his opinion/saying what he would do.

I personally agree with him. I don't like it when my shelves clash. :peace

^^^Wow, that's a great custom!

Who made that one?

yeap it's a pretty good custom mate.

i'd confine myself to this one if hot toys '89 bats wasn't such a kick ass figure :)

you can take a closer look at here : [ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7z6jZJaxVoQ[/ame]

thats a great keaton custom, i guess we're all excited for the HT release. i can see it now, supes on the front, bats in the dark..

i so love these two together!

Wow, I love this! The team-up movie that SHOULD have happened, but sadly never did. That would've been a dream team-up for me! Reeve and Keaton in "Superman/Batman"! :yess:

Wow - nice pics guys!

I just opened my Superman today.. looks like I've got some costume futzing to do. I haven't taken him out of the tray yet - just a quick inspection so far, but the belt is twisted to the right, & his 'S' chest emblem looks a little mis-alligned.

I hope it's all easily fixable enough.. :pray:

thanks guys

reeve/keaton team up is just perfect dream for us who grew up watching them!

keaton custom is absolutely great and right now there's one available in ebay with a very decent price. when i bought it was something around $280 i guess. when ht announced the licence for both dx figures, i told myself that i'd buy only joker plus one batman dx stand from ebay but when i saw the promo pictures i've understood that there's no way i'm gonna miss that bats :D

I have a True Type with a broken hip. Right now it's just super-glued so I only have lateral articulation in it. I may need to look into this hip replacement technique of yours...

I believe there are at least 2 different TT hip construction

Old True type that rotation is at the T (crotch) of the pelvis.

and

The newer Adv TT, T800, Odin, Whiplash/Barney_Ross, Supes,
Has the rotation in the ball of the hips. This newer design facilitates repair, just unscrew one screw at the hip ball, crack open the ball, the rolling pin is sandwiched with 3 screws, insert pin (or pins) to bind the 3 (broken) parts together (add super-glue).... reassemble.

Broken parts reattached, I disassemble more than required:
post-5392-1325499189.jpg

Last edited:

thanks guys

reeve/keaton team up is just perfect dream for us who grew up watching them!

keaton custom is absolutely great and right now there's one available in ebay with a very decent price. when i bought it was something around $280 i guess. when ht announced the licence for both dx figures, i told myself that i'd buy only joker plus one batman dx stand from ebay but when i saw the promo pictures i've understood that there's no way i'm gonna miss that bats :D

Thanks for the heads-up. At that price, it's very tempting, even with the official HT product coming out...

I believe there are at least 2 different TT hip construction

Old True type that rotation is at the T (crotch) of the pelvis.

and

The newer Adv TT, T800, Odin, Whiplash/Barney_Ross, Supes,
Has the rotation in the ball of the hips. This newer design facilitates repair, just unscrew one screw at the hip ball, crack open the ball, the rolling pin is sandwiched with 3 screws, insert pin (or pins) to bind the 3 (broken) parts together (add super-glue).... reassemble.

Broken parts reattached, I disassemble more than required:
post-5392-1325499189.jpg

Mine with the broken hip is the narrow shoulder True Type that the DX Joker came on. Which kind of hip does that have?

Back