1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

have you used them before? are they an actual store?

Looks to me like this guy enjoyed doing this to his figure. And that's what this hobby is about. Enjoying yourself. Not worrying what someone else think you should be doing with your money.

If it's one thing that creeps me out is silver eyeballs followed by red circuit veins.

superman3_vera_98100.jpg

Tweaked this a bit:

Supess.jpg

It was tough getting his arms above his head and looking right.

If it's one thing that creeps me out is silver eyeballs followed by red circuit veins.

superman3_vera_98100.jpg

That transformation and the subsequent slaughter gave the childhood me screaming nightmares.

Here's my Superman shelf. It's a little crowded. Some of the figures need a little work. I still think it looks pretty good.

JMKsHotToysChrisReeveSuperman42.jpg

Looks to me like this guy enjoyed doing this to his figure. And that's what this hobby is about. Enjoying yourself. Not worrying what someone else think you should be doing with your money.

Personally it looks PS'd to me, but I could be wrong.

Here's my Superman shelf. It's a little crowded. Some of the figures need a little work. I still think it looks pretty good.

JMKsHotToysChrisReeveSuperman42.jpg

Nice collection-- but I think you're correct, it does look a little cluttered. The HT Reeve Superman is so perfect it should really stand apart on its own to be appreciated. I find that having those top 1/6th hidden/surrounded by others takes away from how it can (and should) look on its own. Could there be a raised section in the middle of your Supes shelf to allow for the HT Superman to be more visible?

Great collection though.

Not only overcrowded, but you have some nice stuff mixed with other lesser quality stuff and it hurts the whole.

Just like a chain is only as good as it's weakest link any grouping of figures is only as good as the ugliest figure. For example Routh Superman is not holding up well over time. I wouldn't let it within a mile of Reeve Superman.

Not only overcrowded, but you have some nice stuff mixed with other lesser quality stuff and it hurts the whole.

Just like a chain is only as good as it's weakest link any grouping of figures is only as good as the ugliest figure. For example Routh Superman is not holding up well over time. I wouldn't let it within a mile of Reeve Superman.

That's just so much nonsense. If he likes that arrangement, it's fine. It's a Superman display, pure and simple. Just because you only have a few pieces, don't go all Martha Stewart on those who have expansive collections.

I've got truly valuable vintage Batman pieces mixed in with lesser Hot Toys pieces. Should I remove the less valuable new stuff?

Thanks for the compliment, Neil.

Kamandi, I appreciate your honest criticism. I'm actually planning to have the Routh Superman repainted.

Although I recognize there are lesser quality figures, I still like the overall display. The truth of the matter is I don't have sufficiant room to disply them more properly.

Thanks for seeing things more as I do, Batman Professor. ;)

That's just so much nonsense. If he likes that arrangement, it's fine. It's a Superman display, pure and simple. Just because you only have a few pieces, don't go all Martha Stewart on those who have expansive collections.

I've got truly valuable vintage Batman pieces mixed in with lesser Hot Toys pieces. Should I remove the less valuable new stuff?

:exactly::goodpost: Totally agree with you.

Heat the base to soften it up. Blow Dryer or hot water. Don't heat the ice pillars.

STILL LOVING THIS FIGURE ,just AWESOME SHOULD BE FIGURE OF THE YEAR! I hope we get a CLARK KENT hs version later on ...offtopic next time ya watch superman 2 donnercut ,check out the stink eye JAREL gives LOIS when superman gives up his powers for her...:lol

I'm sure it helped that Lois was wearing Superman's shirt as a nighty during the whole thing haha. Look a lil' presentable when meeting the parents, hooker! lol jk

Back