1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

DSC00871.jpg

There seems to be a lot of interest in my modified base. If you would like one, PM me and we can discuss it. I will try to post a how to guide as I modify the next one. I will only take on a couple bases at first and it might take some time to get the materials in order. Price wise I really don't know how much to charge. I'll have to research materials. We can discuss that too. Just let me know :)

There seems to be a lot of interest in my modified base. If you would like one, PM me and we can discuss it. I will try to post a how to guide as I modify the next one. I will only take on a couple bases at first and it might take some time to get the materials in order. Price wise I really don't know how much to charge. I'll have to research materials. We can discuss that too. Just let me know :)[/QUOTE]

Hell yeah i'd love a how to for that sexy beast :clap

Nice shots Sir OS! :clap

Yeah, pull down his sleeves there to hide those "toy" evidence :lol[/QUOTE

Haha Thanks Jayveeeusebio, I was so impressed with this figure out the box I didn't even notice the sleeves were up ! Oh well more shots to come ! :rotfl

Because its puffed up? :dunno

Ya, the pole from the stand...thing...was pushing it up. I adjusted it. You guys are picky LOL.

Collecting Hot toys does that to you...

I find that the accuracy complaints and discussions infect you over time even if you don't personally scrutinize the source material.

Collecting Hot toys does that to you...

I find that the accuracy complaints and discussions infect you over time even if you don't personally scrutinize the source material.

LOL I was just bugging. I think a lot of it also stems from QC issues we're running into...we wonder out loud whether someone's figure is effed up or not.

So I got my replacement Superman. Straight S, no snags...

BUT it did have a shiny spot on the front of the forehead which was exactly the she as I've seen on the thread. A quick head swap, and we were good to go.

So I got my replacement Superman. Straight S, no snags...

BUT it did have a shiny spot on the front of the forehead which was exactly the she as I've seen on the thread. A quick head swap, and we were good to go.

Where did you ordered yours?

SS could not offer me a replacement. Only a $35 credit. Back to SS Supes is going for a full refund. Oh well. Can't win them all. Could not live with a crooked S.

Where did you ordered yours?

Sideshow, exclusive edition. I filled out the online return form and included pictures. Was never offered a partial refund, just a brand new toy.

SS could not offer me a replacement. Only a $35 credit. Back to SS Supes is going for a full refund. Oh well. Can't win them all. Could not live with a crooked S.

Tue S on mine is a little crooked too. other than that I'm loving this fig

Ok, so i'm behind with the info

Is it the Ex or Reg that has the shiny head.

My ex doesn't have any flaws so I guess the reg version has the shiny head.

My first figure was flawless and the second that I got has a shiny spot on the neck from the plastic holder burnishing the surface. Both are regulars. First one was from AlterEgo and the second came from Toy Anxiety. Not a big deal to me.

Ok, so i'm behind with the info

Is it the Ex or Reg that has the shiny head.

My ex had a shiny spot. It's not about the edition, but the packing material.

All you guys complaining about the cape need to work with it more. Yes it comes messy & unbalanced whereas the movie cape had an elegant structure. I looked at some stills and videos of the real cape and saw that it had alot of folds which allowed it to expand or shrink as needed. I wanted a resting type pose so I tried to smooth out the wire and began shaping. I slowly worked in some folds with my fingers and a bic pen. I tried to maintain an overall balance to bring the wingspan down and look more in scale with the body. I made it so the sides curved out as well. It's not perfect but you can see it makes a big difference and really sells it from all angles. Now I'm even more pleased with the figure as the cape has character. I encourage you take the time to work with your cape as it has the potential to really make Supes pop!
capeback-vi.jpg
caperight2-vi.jpg

capeleft-vi.jpg
cape5-vi.jpg

capetop-vi.jpg
capefront2-vi.jpg

heres a video of the figure as well.
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JBUagSRkDg"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JBUagSRkDg[/ame]

Back