1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

I have this on the flex, but I think I'd like to pay it off soon so I don't get stuck with a damaged one. That would be a tragedy.

Since they are out of replacement suits or some crap, i would suggest how risky it would be to replace the whole figure if only the headsculpt has a defect.

They should do this for you with their award winning customer service. XD

Got mine from my LCS and it was perfect. That said, if I did end up with a glossy spot, I would just take a piece of cardstock, cut a hole in it 10% larger than the spot, and hit it with a light blast of Testors dullcote. Much less hassle than calling SS.

I'd say this is Hot Toys best body sculpt yet, it truly is amazing looking.

2gtt01u.jpg

imikci.jpg

Got mine from my LCS and it was perfect. That said, if I did end up with a glossy spot, I would just take a piece of cardstock, cut a hole in it 10% larger than the spot, and hit it with a light blast of Testors dullcote. Much less hassle than calling SS.

True but I think something should be communicated to the company producing them that if you can't minimize the QC issues then you don't have the right to charge the price you want to charge. (Ideal world I know) But there is a principal here and Hot Toys seems to be losing whatever credibility it had in North America as the world's finest 1:6 company.

the Batman Begins ordeal shouldnt have been swept under the rug so quickly simply by releasing a different product.

It's funny how deep blue he looks in most people's photos. His blue looks a lot more pale/accurate in-hand.

You guys remember the cinemaquette?
christopher-reeve-superman.jpg

I remember it being bad, but it somehow looks worse after HT's 1/6 has been released.

I dunno. I always thought the Cinemaquette looked laughably horrid. Doubly so because of it's price. :lol

I never liked the CM Superman. I was never really impressed by their human figures. Their monsters and robots were much better.

So I had a glossy spot on his head, a very small amount of glue visible above the S-shield (like it slid down slightly after first being applied), and most importantly, a slight ding on his neck where his chin was pressed against it. Sideshow guy said that he checked 3 other stock pieces and they all had these issues. Anyone else noticed the neck problem right out of the box?

If not, I'm considering sending it back and just playing the odds with some regulars, but I would like to be able to keep the Kryptonite necklace :(

Danke..

I find if you push those shoulders all the way up it makes a big diffference in creating a more realistic look.

And well, not taking super hi-res pics helps these figures look more realistic and non toy-like too, i find.

Last edited:

Well, I got my LED's in and here is what the base looks like (original) with them off.

IMG_1221.jpg

And here is what the base looks like with them on.

IMG_1222.jpg

My only let down is I couldn't get the light to light up the entire length of the two longest pillars.

True but I think something should be communicated to the company producing them that if you can't minimize the QC issues then you don't have the right to charge the price you want to charge. (Ideal world I know) But there is a principal here and Hot Toys seems to be losing whatever credibility it had in North America as the world's finest 1:6 company.

the Batman Begins ordeal shouldnt have been swept under the rug so quickly simply by releasing a different product.

You're 100% right, but at some point you have to choose your battles. I sent SS/HT a clear message about the BB figure when I sent it back for a refund, citing QC issues which were too much to bear, given the MSRP.

I have this on the flex, but I think I'd like to pay it off soon so I don't get stuck with a damaged one. That would be a tragedy.

I'm getting my figure next month, as I can't afford to pay off the final flex-payment right now, unfortunately :monkey1. Here's to praying that everything goes smoothly.

So I had a glossy spot on his head, a very small amount of glue visible above the S-shield (like it slid down slightly after first being applied), and most importantly, a slight ding on his neck where his chin was pressed against it. Sideshow guy said that he checked 3 other stock pieces and they all had these issues. Anyone else noticed the neck problem right out of the box?

If not, I'm considering sending it back and just playing the odds with some regulars, but I would like to be able to keep the Kryptonite necklace :(

When there's chips/scuffs or such like yours it should get replaced, but I think replacements have been getting abused something rotten for such small fickle things that they now appear to be getting refused with small refunds. I can't blame them but it always affects the guy who's got the worst. Versus the people who sends it back for the logo one hairline out.

That's kind of scary that all three had the same issues according to the Sideshow guy. I'd want to keep the necklace as well. I hope you can find a suitable solution.

I think if it came down to it, I'd sacrifice the necklace if I could get one without the defects.

I'm just getting worried that I won't be able to get any sort of replacement for the extremely crooked S-Shield that I have because some people on are abusing the system for what looks like minor issues.

Really, really let down here. Hope it turns out for the best, but I doubt it's likely.

I received my Superman last night and got around opening it today after work.

Oh man, this figure is absolutely fantastic.

I cracked this baby open and it's like this blue and red just punches you in the face. Absolutely NO problems to be found. My head doesn't have any shines or marks, the emblem is in the perfect position etc. etc. There is a small, small black mark on the back of the neck but that's hardly a "problem". There were also a few random pieces of thread hanging on the red underwear and other parts of the suit but they just needed to be clipped. I've clipped pieces of thread on nearly all my cloth/suited figures.

Definitely impressed. It's really hard to put this figure down, it's just so amazing. The headsculpt, the suit, the specialized true type, the poseable boots, it's just a great figure to own. I'm definitely ordering another one. I bought an exclusive so I'm just going for a regular instead.

If I had one nitpick, it would be the shoulders. I don't like how they look or function. Not just the ball joint movement underneath but the seam, the fit and those cape snaps. Only "flaw" as far I can see. Hardly a detractor though. Oh and it is pretty easy to snag the suit. Be careful. One or two tufts of blue is inevitable and hardly noticeable but I'd imagine the more rough people are with it, the more prone it will be to noticeable damage.

Anyway, good stuff. :rock

Oh boy, I thought I had a perfect one when I opened it, boy was I wrong. :lol

I have a reg. coming tomorrow, my second (my first is the ex.), can't wait to see what problems it has . . .

Last edited:

Yeah, we'll see how it goes, though I don't think I've got many options at this point. Send it back, or get $25.

As I think about it, the partial refund thing is kind of weird. They offered me that for Batman Begins when they didn't have a replacement, and I took it, but I would have just took nothing. It isn't like a few bucks are gonna factor into a decision like this when you've got figures that cost several hundred dollars.

Back