1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

But his "S" is unnoticeably crooked!!!
I say send it back!

In fact if it were not for the astute observers of this forum I would have never have known any were crooked.

Thanks fellas! I now know what I'm looking for,

So, are you getting one, Agent

Probably not. As much as I'd like to, as I can really appreciate this piece and the effort that was put into it (similar to the Hot Toys Godfather). I'm just not a 12" collector.

they must be running out of the suits because I have yet to hear from them on a replacement suit from the crooked S. They haven't even emailed me back yet. It's a little frustrating actually that I haven't even been emailed back.

Heard back from Sideshow in Friday regarding the snags in the suit on mine, they have stated that they are unable to replace it due to the ones they have checked all having snags too and have offered a 25 refund instead.

Also waiting to hear but if true, we are looking at partial refund only.

Eh, what the heck...a couple of my crappy pics...

pic1-1.jpg

pic2-1.jpg

pic4.jpg

pic3-1.jpg

You seem confused. These are excellent.:clap:clap

It's funny how deep blue he looks in most people's photos. His blue looks a lot more pale/accurate in-hand.

You guys remember the cinemaquette?
christopher-reeve-superman.jpg

I remember it being bad, but it somehow looks worse after HT's 1/6 has been released.

Last edited:

It's Here!:blissy

..and it's ____ing beautiful.:thud::yess:

After 33 years of waiting and I finally got my Superman. After a few days of admiring and finding my perfect pose the thing that really bothered me was the cape, the way it came was just sprawled & unbalanced whereas the movie cape had and elegant structure. Whats more is that it would seem no two HT capes are alike as they are sewed on in such a way that creates a series of creases. I looked at some stills and videos of the real cape and saw that it had alot of folds which allowed it to expand or shrink as needed. I wanted a resting type pose so I tried to smooth out the wire and began shaping. I slowly worked in some carefully placed folds with my fingers and a bic pen while maintaining an overall balance to bring the cape size down and look more in scale with the body. I made it so the sides curved out as well. It's not perfect but you can see that it makes a big difference and really sells the figure from all angles. Now I'm really in love with this figure as the cape has character and scale. I encourage you take the time to work with your cape as it has the potential to really make this figure pop!

capeback-vi.jpg
caperight2-vi.jpg

capeleft-vi.jpg
cape5-vi.jpg

capetop-vi.jpg
capefront2-vi.jpg

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/9JBUagSRkDg?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/9JBUagSRkDg?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

Still have not heard back about my supes replacement been over a week.

(broken cape wire and snap)

Well, after waiting by the door all day my Superman has arrived. The joy was very short lived as I quickly I discovered a defect I just couldn't live with. There is a glaring horizontal indentation/paint rub mark on the left side of his forehead. At certain angles it is not noticeable at all, but as soon as any light hits the face just right, it lights up in a bright reflection.

Superman1-Copy.jpg

I could have tolerated a slightly crooked shield or a few minor snags in the fabric, but a defect like this is just too much for me to be happy at this price point. I have never had to deal with Sideshow's customer service before. I would like a replacement. How would I go about doing this? Could Sideshow just replace the head for me or is it an all or nothing switch? I'm extremely bummed out right now. :(

It's funny how deep blue he looks in most people's photos. His blue looks a lot more pale/accurate in-hand.

I can see what cr0w said. It's turquoise at night. A light cyan/faint blue throughout the day.

You guys remember the cinemaquette?
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/_MPjuKmsJ...XAeDWn18/s1600/christopher-reeve-superman.jpg

I remember it being bad, but it somehow looks worse after HT's 1/6 has been released.

That blue in that lighting reminds me of...

image-2-for-gallery-launch-of-everton-fc-s-new-le-coq-sportif-2009-10-football-kit-805469531.jpg

but the camera can lie. Or wrong colours and contrast set when shot.
3754705179_4fe3ea3e8c_z.jpg

Well, after waiting by the door all day my Superman has arrived. The joy was very short lived as I quickly I discovered a defect I just couldn't live with. There is a glaring horizontal indentation/paint rub mark on the left side of his forehead. At certain angles it is not noticeable at all, but as soon as any light hits the face just right, it lights up in a bright reflection.

I could have tolerated a slightly crooked shield or a few minor snags in the fabric, but a defect like this is just too much for me to be happy at this price point. I have never had to deal with Sideshow's customer service before. I would like a replacement. How would I go about doing this? Could Sideshow just replace the head for me or is it an all or nothing switch? I'm extremely bummed out right now. :(

Clear matt acrylic would sort it.

The amount of defects peeps are getting with this figure is scary!

The amount of defects peeps are getting with this figure is scary!

If I remember correctly these figures are still getting boxed up after the paint hasn't stopped curing yet.

Most likely, but for $220 I don't think I should have to go out and buy the materials and repaint the face.

While thats true, a pot of clear matt acrylic and fine brush would cost less than the postage to send it back. You don't need to paint the whole head. Just the shiny area.

Superman1-Copy.jpg

I suppose on the bright it's just the head sculpt that has issues. You would think that should be fairly easy enough to replace.

Exactly what i was thinking. I'm sure the chances of getting a good replacement headsculpt are far greater then a replacement snag-free suit.

I would keep the figure minus the head and have them send back a new sculpt since you take a big gamble getting a whole new figure again.

I've never dealt with Sideshow before. Do you think they'd be willing to just replace the head for me? I would very much prefer that, honestly.

Back