1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

@cking - Those are very nice.

AND BTW, we still haven't seen this in hand. We've just seen an updated touring demo. The S may change. You just never know.

Save the indigence for later if it's still wrong. HT is sweating the details on this one.

As long as the logo looks a little bit wonky it's perfect. hand drawn is fine, but not looking like it was done at the last second by a child.

Last edited:

It annoys the hell out of me that with all the attention to detail which Hot Toys normally show on their costume development - they weren't able to produce anything close to the accuracy that we did on ours.

Try submitting your custom project to DC and see if they approve it for production. $100 says they reject it and say "That S-shield has not been approved for promotional use. Please see page 43 in style guide for S-shields that are available for use".

Further, $100 says DC could give a crap about the Reeve likeness, they're more concerned with logos, making sure the right Pantone value is used and that TMs are present on all images.

... "That S-shield has not been approved for promotional use. Please see page 43 in style guide for S-shields that are available for use".... Further, $100 says DC could give a crap about the Reeve likeness...,

WB > DC

Superman the Movie would be a WB license. WB has never given a rat's ass about DC's style guide.

WB would have nothing to say about the actor's likeness, that was obtained with permission from the Chris and Dana Reeve Foundation for a donation from each sale.

Superman the Movie would be a WB license. WB has never given a rat's ass about DC's style guide.

WB would have nothing to say about the actor's likeness, that was obtained with permission from the Chris and Dana Reeve Foundation for a donation from each sale.

Ohhhh, so THAT'S why it says TM & (C) Warner Brothers on the product photos.

Oh wait, it doesn't.

Either way, you're missing the point of what I was saying. I'm mostly making fun of the people who say "My custom is completely perfect and I made it in my garage. Hot Toys is way bigger than I am, theirs should be at least as good as mine". And that mindset is completely wrong, because Hot Toys along with every other manufacturer has to get the licensor's approval, and that simple fact completely unevens the playing field.

In the end, a janky S shield would not be approved. The powers that be don't care about 'movie accuracy' otherwise there would be no "Fractal Tech Superman" or "Street Luge Batman" action figures.

Last edited:

But the same can be said about ever single collectible out there. None are 100% pinpoint accurate. There is also no proof this is a altered sculpt, it's just a angle that hasn't been shown yet.

htsupermanpr3.jpg

306962_222302767831721_138228759572456_657919_1867340101_n.jpg

It's altered.

And better.

It's been pointed out that no two costumes worn by Reeve were exactly the same. The S shield changed enough that I'm not going to get hung up on it. Maybe the one thing they could do is make it less glossy.

Still, this is all a footnote to a great figure. Anyone who is really upset at this point needs to unwad their panties.

Seriously. Good lord.

Let me show you why it's annoying that Hot Toys couldn't get such a simple piece of artwork correct.

Here are examples of 2 projects I've worked on where we managed to achieve infinitely more accurate logos (On the left are the screen printed logos for a 1/4 scale Reeve statue and on the right - hand sewn logo for Bob Causey's 1/3 scale statue).

We had very limited resources and budgets, yet we were able to produce something that actually looked like the logos on Reeve's costume.

It annoys the hell out of me that with all the attention to detail which Hot Toys normally show on their costume development - they weren't able to produce anything close to the accuracy that we did on ours.

Reeve-Emblems.jpg

Clearly Hot Toys needs you on their team. -__-

That's the old one. Look at the hair.

Heh heh heh, toy fans! Different forum, same nit-picking. Like the guys on GBFans who measured the Ghost Trap to see how film-accurate it is!* :lol: We're all the same no matter which forum we call home! ;)

I like the way the HT version looks. So long as the head is spot-on I, personally, am not so worried about the logo being screen accurate. If I can live with gloveless Ghostbusters I can live with a not-quite-accurate logo. :)

*Yes, it was more of an in-joke as thay did seriously do that with the PKE Meter. Doing it with the Trap was a nod to that. Funny stuff though!

How weird, random double postage. :? Please delete me.

now from that angle it looks like the old sculpt. :dunno

Wait . . . Unless they reposed the '89 Joker, that pic is NOT from the same show. Hmmm . . . Good eyes Mag, you caught it before I did! I guess that means there's hope for Indy even still. Wonder why they're posting these as new pics.

Let me show you why it's annoying that Hot Toys couldn't get such a simple piece of artwork correct.

Here are examples of 2 projects I've worked on where we managed to achieve infinitely more accurate logos (On the left are the screen printed logos for a 1/4 scale Reeve statue and on the right - hand sewn logo for Bob Causey's 1/3 scale statue).

We had very limited resources and budgets, yet we were able to produce something that actually looked like the logos on Reeve's costume.

Reeve-Emblems.jpg
*Pre-order canceled.*

Back