1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

Also hoping there's a more elegant solution to the cape. Do caped figures typically use the little snaps we've seen so far on the final product?

Can't not to recall this awe by D666 :lol

csiie.jpg

With the supes logo the inaccuracy is very apparent and I agree one shouldn't need to customise for the money this is going for, but then same could be said about a lot of HTs figures (capes on all the Nolan batman figures have been pathetic, for example)

:exactly: :exactly: :exactly:

Yeah that sucks indeed. I'd assume you have no HT's figures in your collection then?

Yet the defining whopping great red & yellow logo seems to be an afterthought.

Not an afterthought, probably HT giving into temptation to make it look slightly less hand drawn. The S now looks more like Reeve's predecessors.

And the complaining about the logo starts again... :slap :rotfl

arrrrggghhhh.jpg

*courtesy of Devil_666

Why fight, just cancel...

...and we'll see you back here whining when it sells out and triples in price :nana:

For those of you who can't see the difference between the Hot Toys chest logo and the actual logo used on Chris Reeve's costume - you need to get your damn eyes tested.

How can an idealised logo be better if they truly want to give us the best and most accurate CHRIS REEVE Superman???
This logic makes absolutely no sense to me whatsoever so I'm out of here and will let you all argue about it and waste your time producing infantile Photoshop comedy pics for the next 800 pages.

FYI - I've got one of these figures on Pre-order and will only make my final decision about whether it's a keeper when I've seen it with my own eyes.

As a customer of this Hot Toys product, I have EVERY right to complain about things that should have been done better.

HT logo is obviously better, and for the best.

For those of you who can't see the difference between the Hot Toys chest logo and the actual logo used on Chris Reeve's costume - you need to get your damn eyes tested.

How can an idealised logo be better if they truly want to give us the best and most accurate CHRIS REEVE Superman???
This logic makes absolutely no sense to me whatsoever so I'm out of here and will let you all argue about it and waste your time producing infantile Photoshop comedy pics for the next 800 pages.

FYI - I've got one of these figures on Pre-order and will only make my final decision about whether it's a keeper when I've seen it with my own eyes.

As a customer of this Hot Toys product, I have EVERY right to complain about things that should have been done better.

Supes_Haterz.gif

*courtesy of Devil_666

I can see DX Superman with 3 changeble faceplates and one gonna be with this awesome unique expression :panic:
This is the version I want

kbTC9.jpg

It's been pointed out that no two costumes worn by Reeve were exactly the same. The S shield changed enough that I'm not going to get hung up on it. Maybe the one thing they could do is make it less glossy.

Still, this is all a footnote to a great figure. Anyone who is really upset at this point needs to unwad their panties.

It's been pointed out that no two costumes worn by Reeve were exactly the same. The S shield changed enough that I'm not going to get hung up on it. Maybe the one thing they could do is make it less glossy.

Still, this is all a footnote to a great figure. Anyone who is really upset at this point needs to unwad their panties.

:exactly: .

:exactly: Couldn't have said it better, myself. The OCD in this thread always makes me :lol.

Let me show you why it's annoying that Hot Toys couldn't get such a simple piece of artwork correct.

Here are examples of 2 projects I've worked on where we managed to achieve infinitely more accurate logos (On the left are the screen printed logos for a 1/4 scale Reeve statue and on the right - hand sewn logo for Bob Causey's 1/3 scale statue).

We had very limited resources and budgets, yet we were able to produce something that actually looked like the logos on Reeve's costume.

It annoys the hell out of me that with all the attention to detail which Hot Toys normally show on their costume development - they weren't able to produce anything close to the accuracy that we did on ours.

Reeve-Emblems.jpg

This thread = sickness.. Please. Sad really.

christopher reeve said:
Please don't change the logo around too much when I'm dead. I do not wish to be rolling in my grave all the time.
Just kidding

Back