1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

We also may not see another Reeve's.

Fixed. I have a sneaking suspicion, given they started this as a DX, it was always intended to be a one-off. With MoS on the horizon, I wouldn't be surprised if Reeve is left in the dust as they look onward to the heaping amount of ____ they're already drowning in.

Im a big Superman fan, and if you own all the Reeve's sculpts thats out there, can you please tell me which is better than the new HT version? I really like to see it.
:lecture
I was going to ask the sam question as well

unless he has the BobbyC 1:1 direct from BobbyC (which is as close to perfect I think you'll get) there's no better sculpt out there right now (though some will argue that eric sosa's is better). The Cinemaquette isn't even as good as this one IMO

yah, I think this is a one-off. Homage to Reeves before the MoS comes out. Plus i think its pretty expensive probably to get the license to use Reeves likeness. But who knows what they paid and what their contract is to use Reeves?

obviously not as much as Jack Nicholson's :lol

at least we know some of what we pay for this figure is going to the Reeve Foundation:lecture

i do think it would be cool if each figure came with the dog tags. I'm not complaining though, just think it would be nice to open the box and see those in there. Speaking of, I hope it's an awesome box design as well

Some people in this thread need to stop comparing a full actor's headsculpt to a keaton mouth sculpt in a batman cowl and a makeup-ed, prosthetic smiling, nicholson sculpt. The full human sculpt is always way harder to do and no matter what will never be 100% accurate, whereas the deficiencies of the other 2 can be covered up more by the effects that the makeup/mask provide.

This sculpt is perfect to me. No need to change a thing. I can't wait for this piece!

:exactly: :goodpost:

The full human sculpt is always way harder to do and no matter what will never be 100% accurate, whereas the deficiencies of the other 2 can be covered up more by the effects that the makeup/mask provide.
stop.jpg

i already preordered this figure! Can't wait!

Some people in this thread need to stop comparing a full actor's headsculpt to a keaton mouth sculpt in a batman cowl and a makeup-ed, prosthetic smiling, nicholson sculpt. The full human sculpt is always way harder to do and no matter what will never be 100% accurate, whereas the deficiencies of the other 2 can be covered up more by the effects that the makeup/mask provide.

This sculpt is perfect to me. No need to change a thing. I can't wait for this piece!

Let me start by saying I have this figure on pre-order and have no intention of cancelling it. But I don't agree that this figure's headsculpt should be cut anymore slack than any of HT's recent releases just because it is the full likeness of the actor un-altered by a mask or heavy makeup like the Batman 1989 figures are. If it is unfair to judge this against the masked/makeup characters, what about judging it against the TF Ex Bruce Wayne? There seem to be a lot fewer gripes with that one's likeness than this one.

I think it sucks. Nothing to do with faithfulness or anything. I just think it's stupid. Returns is worse.

:dunno

I'm getting the Reeve Superman instead of a potential Cavill Superman because I have strong emotional connections to the '78 movie. I have no connection with '89 Batman, other than the contempt I felt for it upon release. (Incidentally, I was not a comic reader.)

I don't consider either film to be profound in any way shape or form, but I can easily sit down and watch the first two Superman films. I will leave the room if the first two Batman movies are on.

Do you like any Tim Burton films?

I hear ya.. It is just a disappointing sculpt after all the time HT had to make it great. That and or make two head sculpts that way they would have doubled their chances of getting one right.

I'm guessing you didn't see this in person at Comic Con or one of the Asian toy fairs.

Let me start by saying I have this figure on pre-order and have no intention of cancelling it. But I don't agree that this figure's headsculpt should be cut anymore slack than any of HT's recent releases just because it is the full likeness of the actor un-altered by a mask or heavy makeup like the Batman 1989 figures are. If it is unfair to judge this against the masked/makeup characters, what about judging it against the TF Ex Bruce Wayne? There seem to be a lot fewer gripes with that one's likeness than this one.

Has anybody who has seen it in person been critical of the sculpt's likeness to Reeve?

My criticism is simply based off of the pictures I have seen which do look like Reeve from side angles however looking directly at the sculpt doesn't. It seems to be a combination of the eyes and nose that are off. The sculpt may very well be the closest likeness to Reeve yet offered, however my opinion is as valid as everyone elses who is a fan and loves the Chris Reeve version of Superman the best. Look at my forum name ;) Yes I am and always shall be a Chris Reeve Superman fan.

I'm guessing you didn't see this in person at Comic Con or one of the Asian toy fairs.

You're right, I have not. That is why I ask if anyone who has seen it being critical of the likeness. It is possible that with the right shadows from the lighting that it looks better than the pictures.

There is no gripes with the headsculpt, it's the same three people complaining over and over again.

DX Sparrow= 100% accuracy
Bale Batman= 100% accuracy
DX Joker= 100% accuracy
DX Joker 89= 100% accuracy
RE Alice= 100% accuracy

... but...

DX Bruce Lee= 80% accuracy
Indy= 60% accuracy
Superman= 25% accuracy

Clearly, they should have left Arnie Kim where he belongs, (and we would have a 100% accuracy DXBL) and select someone else for Indie and Supes!

You guys just expect way too much from a 1:6 figure. You guys want 100% accuracy, but its never EVER going to happen. Your just going to be disappointed every single time. which seems like you guys are anyway.

If you want 100% accuracy the only way your ever going to be happy if you buy 1:1 screen used items. Its the only way your EVER going to get 100% accuracy and even then, Im sure you will complain because most screen used items are not made very well. And especially if you find some from Reeves Superman, its most likely been deteriorating.

I have two of this figure ordered and I am going to keep both in.

What's going to happen is all these guys who claim it doesn't look like Reeve are not going to order it, and after everyone else finally gets it in hand they're going to be complaining that they didn't order it and how much they have to pay for it now on the secondary market.

Hot Toys will have this figure's likeness dead on when the time comes (if it isn't already), it's just lighting and angles that are throwing people off (the photos are pretty bright with very little shading). It happens with all pictures of figures. I've seen pictures of a figure that make it look like crap, and I've seen pictures of the same figure under different lighting and angles, and it's fantastic. That's all.

:exactly: The same people complaining about the likeness are going to be the ones _____ing a few months from now when this thing costs $400

Possibly...

I have it on PO. Even though it looks bad, I just couldn't resist getting an official Supes.

It can indeed look much better in hand. Shadows might be responsible for what I don't like and maybe they're twicking it as we speak.

So yes, it's very possible that I'm satisfied in the end. Really, really hope so as an official CR Supes is my grail!

:exactly: The same people complaining about the likeness are going to be the ones _____ing a few months from now when this thing costs $400

Back