1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

Because part of it stands and I like to leave stuff for later??

How does the stand attach to supes?

Hey guys, first post on the boards, long time lurker. I've got a quick question...

On Sideshow's summary page, it states the following:

Newly sculpted muscular body with over 30 points of articulation with extra muscular upper body, neck and chest

Does anyone know what the extra muscular upper body is? I've searched this thread left and right for the answer and couldn't find anything.

I believe it means they have sculpted a new upper muscular body especially for supes :)

Thanks! That makes a lot more sense than what I was thinking of.

His neck is exposed all the way around too, so they'd have to add some more detail to it.

I hadn't thought about the feet being non-articulated. Hmm. I guess that will be one of the things we see appear here is modded boots for 'in flight'

I'm going to guess this is one of the new non-rubber sculpted bodies (like this one)
HotToys_TTM19_TrueTypeFigure-MuscularBody-1.jpg

This was posted in another thread. Interesting if true..

Latest intel courtesy of GrenadierStinny of OSW:

I could not get any official word since the HT crew had left the show already, but I did speak with someone from Sideshow.

There is the understanding that there are sculpts that are still getting "tweeks" made to them. Indy might be one of them as might be Superman. They do continue to change sculpts up until final production, but HT does not give many details to Sideshow. They "play their cards close to their vest" as I was told.

So, no official word that Indy will be changed, but I was told that Yuli (I believe) was going to make a second pass on some of the Arnie Kim sculpts.

I guess this is still a wait and situation with Indy... So, we'll see.

Interesting. Superman is at a much better starting point for it's final polish. Fine tuning the CR sculpt might push an extra 1 or 2% out of the sculpt. I wonder how many people will be able to see the changes.

Indiana Jones, unfortunately, is not in the same boat. It just doesn't look like HF. I'm not sure it's a fine tuning thing on that sculpt.

Hot Toys announced this at the end of last year. We're coming up on September. They really should have tossed the Arnie Kim sculpts and had another staff artist do it. If we're lucky that's what they did.

This was posted in another thread. Interesting if true..

This from GrenadierStinny, huh? He's the same poster at OSW responsible for the "Batmobile will cost $950" hearsay rumour, that had to be backtracked a few days later.

i love this figure the colours scale sculpt.....instantly recognisable

i hope they fix those boots and make them a softer material to allow for ankle movement.

They fixed the Spiderman figs boots, so I'm sure this won't be any different.

Wow,
people still beatching about this figure??
:lol!!
It looked perfect @ SDCC...
seriously people... this is easily one of HT's best ever!
:rock!

Wow,
people still beatching about this figure??
:lol!!
It looked perfect @ SDCC...
seriously people... this is easily one of HT's best ever!
:rock!

So are you going to keep making the same comment about every figure you've seen at SDCC?

Back