1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

:lol :lol :lol A good point, not all things get the 2nd release. I think the possiblity of a Kent/Superman 2 pack makes this one very likely, but could also be the foundation will only allow one single figure to be made.

I think it will ultimately depend on how this figure sells. It looks like an outstanding figure and a dream come true for many collectors, but I think it won't match the popularity of The Dark Knight Batman and Joker figures. Those were boosted by the huge box office success of the film, which not only became a huge hit but also a pop culture phenomena in a way (perhaps also due to the death of Heath Ledger).

The audience for a Christopher Reeve figure, however, is limited. While it is of tremendous nostalgic value to many of us, it might not be as relevant to young modern consumers who might hold out for the new upcoming Henry Cavill Superman.

I may be mistaken. However, even though I would love to see a Hot Toys Adam West Batman, I don't think it would ever be as successful as the Christian Bale version, even though that would be my personal preference.

I could be wrong, but I really dont see a Lois Lane fig coming out... ever

Does anyone else want the SDCC exclusive to be Otis and that Blind guy? Attendee edition could come with the dog?

Pretty sure the exclusive is only being sold in the U.S. and Europe. If you are in France, you should be alright. Regular version should be available anywhere.

CSC told me the kryptonite necklace is only sold from SSC. The regular is orderable for everyone right? Just the exclusive is limited to the US and EU?

You can actually google the rollerskter who gets blown backwards...

Superman2Skater.jpg

This internet thing is amazing.

I really don't get all this stinginess with exclusives lately.

Fair enough. But by "portion" they better mean like $60.

Ha, it's probably about 3 or 4 $. If it was $60 HT would probably want everyone to know about. Be great if it was though because obviously you want to see your money going to a good cause otherwise this should cost no more than Spiderman but I'd payed double to get this guy in my collection.

LOL@ the examples you're using to try and justify the price of this product being driven up by having a charity's donation built into it.

Cool story bro! You seem really MAD, guess I struck a nerve eh? Truth hurt a little bot too much for you Mr. High & Mighty? :lol

Actually it wasn't. You specifically said we were being "cheap & selfish" for raising questions about the donations built in to the product b/c some of us feel they'd be impossible to write off on taxes as others claimed.

So take that sucka! BAM! Suck it! :bunnydanc:bunnydanc:bunnydanc:bunnydanc:bunnydanc

D-BagMeter_small_5_4.png

:panic::panic::panic:

Honestly guys, the kryptonite necklace really doesnt do anything for me. In dunno. Im either gonna pose him flying or floating down to land as seen in the pics. What would I do with the necklace? Hang it around his neck and have him looking all weak and ready to keel over into a pool?:lol Thats not very heroic. Honestly I dont see any other reason for having it besides the simple fact of...well just having it. That and a better resale value. I dont care for the crystals either that everyone wants. I dunno. Im quite happy with what we got although I will say that he should have had a lower price because of the skimped accessories.

Honestly guys, the kryptonite necklace really doesnt do anything for me. Honestly I dont see any other reason for having it besides the simple fact of...well just having it. That and a better resale value.

That's all it ever was/is.

How much of this figures popularity is due to Reeve having a paralyzing accident?

Seems to me there are alot of folks here that care about CR beyond the Superman role... if we took out the fact he was a good guy... would this figure/movie be this popular?

IMO yes, but for some reason I don't feel the CR love... Sure he tried to cure the disease but anyone who gets sick tries to cure their own disease, does that make them a hero?

yeah, or an american flag... definitely the kryptonite should be a shard of crystal, not a neclace? who the F wore a necklace?

Here's a crazy idea, how about lazers in the eyes... flick a switch like the T-600 and the eyes have lazers...?

646069f.jpg

Back