1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I think Lynda Carter/WW would be more appropriate for West Batman myself. Her outfit is more on the cheese side, like '66 Bats. Keaton's Bat suit is on caliber with any of the modern ones, and still my favorite of all the looks. Perhaps Reeves Superman outfit isn't quite up to WW standards, but I think he can still stand up next to Keaton.

Yeah, I think Lynda Carter/WW would be more appropriate for West Batman myself. Her outfit is more on the chees side, like '66 Bats. Keaton's Bat suit is on caliber with any of the modern ones, and still my favorite of all the looks. Perhaps Reeves Superman outfit isn't quite up to WW standards, but I think he can still stand up next to Keaton.

My sentiments as well.

Keaton's suit is a bit still on the modern side, but I still think Reeve's Superman can still stand next to it and not look out of place. I have both an AW Batman and a BR Keaton Batman, and they both are in proximity of my Reeve Superman. While I think the material and the bright colors of Reeve's suit kind of goes with West's Batman suit, I do think West's Batman may have been slightly before his time. I actually have the BR Keaton Batman standing next to the Christopher Reeve Superman, and it doesn't look out of place, as mentioned. The first Keaton Batman was made in '89, two years after the last Christopher Reeve Superman film, so that seems a little closer to his time than the '66 Batman.

Snagged this one off eBay MISB for $280, and felt it was a fair price. Shipping was included, and it made it from Singapore to Florida in 4 business days. Super impressive on the sellers part.

I skimmed this thread for those days in anticipation and was already ahead of the curve by the time he arrived on my door step, so thanks to everyone that contributed to this thread.

His neck joint came pre-broken and it was very brittle. Barely took any futzing to get pieces to break off. Already got the $2.99 replacement part en route.

The base was exactly like everyone mentioned. Just a hair dryer for a minute or two around the holes and they went in easy, and stayed in tight after putting the base in the fridge for a few minutes thereafter.

Loved the idea for the Kryptonite display that comes with the little book. $10 on Amazon and a little bit of coloring\weathering to the base and it was perfect to display next to him.

Easily my new favorite. Gonna take an epic figure to top him in my collection.

FMzgdA0.jpg

Newest addition. Been wanting it for a long time and scored a nice deal on ebay. Really wish they would make a Lynda Carter Wonder Woman. She would look great next to Reeves and my Adam West Batman.

The stock figure doesn't quite look good enough anymore to me after seeing what Tony Mei did to it. Put him on a Sideshow Superman body with one of his custom capes.

Newest addition. Been wanting it for a long time and scored a nice deal on ebay. Really wish they would make a Lynda Carter Wonder Woman. She would look great next to Reeves and my Adam West Batman.

Lynda Carter is one I'm waiting for too. Hopefully it may happen with all the merch that will food in from the upcoming WW movie.

His neck joint came pre-broken and it was very brittle. Barely took any futzing to get pieces to break off. Already got the $2.99 replacement part en route.

Congrats. :duff This was my first HT and is still, to this day, MISB. This is the first time I've heard about that neck joint. I'd hate to think that the same problem is possibly plaguing my figure. Is that part readily available, say, on eBay? Thanks.

Nice pic, Raven. :duff

I loved my figure but mine broke at the hip and I screwed up the fix. I put the head and costume on a KP modified Athletik body.

I've been going back over the pages in this thread and looking at pics. Why is it that in some pictures this figure looks amazing and in others he looks like crap? Are half of them custom jobs or do the angles really make him look that different?

I've been going back over the pages in this thread and looking at pics. Why is it that in some pictures this figure looks amazing and in others he looks like crap? Are half of them custom jobs or do the angles really make him look that different?

Depending on angles, lighting, etc., likenesses in sculpts are brought out better in some pictures more so than others.

Back