1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

I've abandoned hanging him by his arms and he's back in the stand again. Just wasn't worth damaging the suit.

I'm not saying it would *definitely* ruin the suit.
Just that i have four Reeve Superman figures and wouldn't risk that on any one of them for any length of time.
Just in case!

Those pictures are really cool man. I like this one a lot. :clap

IMG_1302.jpg

I'm not saying it would *definitely* ruin the suit.
Just that i have four Reeve Superman figures and wouldn't risk that on any one of them for any length of time.
Just in case!

I was a bit concerned about marking the fabric when I was doing it, so I would have probably changed it anyway. As you say it was ok for a little while to take some pics but not for long term.

I was a bit concerned about marking the fabric when I was doing it, so I would have probably changed it anyway. As you say it was ok for a little while to take some pics but not for long term.

I am sure you are wise to do so.

Those pictures are really cool man. I like this one a lot. :clap

Thanks. I only took that shot to illustrate how simple the effect was from a different angle.

The switch came from a cannibalised strip light, and the R/C light system came from Ebay years back.
Here's a link:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4x-All-C...s_RadioControlled_JN&var=&hash=item3cd057d931
Now that is NOT what you need. You'll need either a 5-piece 10mm LED system in white or a 10-piece 5mm LED system in white.
Just contact that seller, tell them what you need and they will make you up a custom lighting harness(You will need NO MORE than 80mm of cable with each LED, as any more will just take up valuable room in there).
I used three similar lighting systems for a custom Warhammer Arvus Lighter dropship i made for a customer in the US a year or so back. One 10-LED superbright white system for the headlamps, dashboard displays and interior roof lights, one 6-piece strobing system for the nav lights(Flashing red top and bottom, and strobing white on the trailing edges of the wings, plus fixed red/green nav markers on the leading wing edges), and finally a set of 10 LED lights in the engines.
LED systems are easy to work with and run on low power. Perfect for our uses.
I scratchbuilt this entire thing in 1/20 scale from sheet styrene and model kit greeblies:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUb8CuseVEc

Send the guy an email, will have to attempt this, should be straight forward enough:)
Great job on the star wars? veichle looks good;)

Oh and the true lies quote was the first one to pop into my head, but thought it a bit strong.
But on reflection of todays events I am sorely tempted:)

And that mini supes pic above cracked me up.
That would freak me out if I was walking past:)

Send the guy an email, will have to attempt this, should be straight forward enough:)
Great job on the star wars? vehicle looks good;)

I look forward to seeing what you come up with. Post pics as you go along. You'll want to seat the crystals on the base and glueing them with hot glue or similar before drilling the pilot holes for the LEDs.

And that mini supes pic above cracked me up.
That would freak me out if I was walking past:)

Lol. It always helps to stay close when you are photographing something small.
It helps maintain the illusion.
And just because we are talking illusion, here are some previously posted images that are my personal faves:

IMG_2982done_zps03068d58.jpg~original

IMG_2976done_zps18b7284b.jpg~original

IMG_2962done_zps271d012f.jpg~original

IMG_2960done_zps14b5f43b.jpg~original

IMG_2932done_zpsd80186c8.jpg~original

IMG_2928done_zps091a0b03.jpg~original

IMG_2913done_zps74d124a1.jpg~original

I look forward to seeing what you come up with. Post pics as you go along. You'll want to seat the crystals on the base and glueing them with hot glue or similar before drilling the pilot holes for the LEDs.

Lol. It always helps to stay close when you are photographing something small.
It helps maintain the illusion.
And just because we are talking illusion, here are some previously posted images that are my personal faves:

super nice taken shots

Thinking of selling this to fund the inevitable IM3 Heartbreaker armor...but DX09 bats will be lonely if i do so...decisions decisions...hmm...

Don't do it. You'll regret it!!! It's one of THE finest pieces HT have EVER done.

Don't do it. You'll regret it!!! It's one of THE finest pieces HT have EVER done.

I know what you mean...this figure is just mind boggling...it's so simple and depraved of any accessories, yet it just looks so awesome at the same time. Not to mention the neatly designed, humongous box!

I think you don't wanna get rid of him. I know I wouldn't!!!

I wouldn't want to sell mine!

This is a figure you don't sell...JESUS!

Thinking of selling this to fund the inevitable IM3 Heartbreaker armor...but DX09 bats will be lonely if i do so...decisions decisions...hmm...

Yeah don't do it buddy. You'll literally get a heart breaker trading off the iconic Reeves Superman for an IM. Even in comic terms, the whole hall of Iron Men couldn't take a Superman down let alone Reeves will to live. He's a masterpiece - keep him.

Back