1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

Yeah don't do it buddy. You'll literally get a heart breaker trading off the iconic Reeves Superman for an IM. Even in comic terms, the whole hall of Iron Men couldn't take a Superman down let alone Reeves will to live. He's a masterpiece - keep him.

Hahaa..nice one there. Thanks guys, probably end up keeping him now & find some other way to fund the heartbreaker

Nahh, i'd rather pay for a figure in full than having to pay for dialysis for the rest of my life hahaha...

I look forward to seeing what you come up with. Post pics as you go along. You'll want to seat the crystals on the base and glueing them with hot glue or similar before drilling the pilot holes for the LEDs.

Lol. It always helps to stay close when you are photographing something small.
It helps maintain the illusion.
And just because we are talking illusion, here are some previously posted images that are my personal faves:

IMG_2982done_zps03068d58.jpg~original

IMG_2976done_zps18b7284b.jpg~original

IMG_2962done_zps271d012f.jpg~original

IMG_2960done_zps14b5f43b.jpg~original

IMG_2932done_zpsd80186c8.jpg~original

IMG_2928done_zps091a0b03.jpg~original

IMG_2913done_zps74d124a1.jpg~original

Awesome pics! Looks like they came straight out of the movie. :clap

Hahaa..nice one there. Thanks guys, probably end up keeping him now & find some other way to fund the heartbreaker

Wise choice. The Reeve Supes is simply legendary! :lecture

Well even if they announce the Heart Breaker TODAY, you will have twelve months to save up for it.

Or longer. :gah:

Thinking of selling this to fund the inevitable IM3 Heartbreaker armor...but DX09 bats will be lonely if i do so...decisions decisions...hmm...

Quick question- Have you seen Iron Man 3? If not, you may want to before making that decision... As the fandom is pretty split on the movie. I myself was not a fan, and items that I may have been interested in before seeing it have now moved down to zero interest.

If you have- REALLY think hard about that decision. Weigh out how integral that Heartbreaker was to IM3 Vs. Christopher Reeve's portrayal of Superman....

To me, there is a pretty clear winner there. :)

Sallah

I think everything in every Iron Man movie will be long forgotten before Reeve as Superman. I haven't seen #3 yet, but the first was pretty good and the second largely a waste of time. The thought of more than 2 or 3 different suits of armor really has no appeal to me and cheapens the franchise - this is probably a Marvel issue rather than an interpretive movie production issue, but still. Honestly there have just not really been any strong and iconic Marvel movies yet - especially when you compare against the original Reeve Superman, the original 1989 Batman and the Nolan Batman trilogies for DC. I've always considered myself more of a Marvel fan too, so it's an even bigger sting.

I think everything in every Iron Man movie will be long forgotten before Reeve as Superman. I haven't seen #3 yet, but the first was pretty good and the second largely a waste of time. The thought of more than 2 or 3 different suits of armor really has no appeal to me and cheapens the franchise - this is probably a Marvel issue rather than an interpretive movie production issue, but still. Honestly there have just not really been any strong and iconic Marvel movies yet - especially when you compare against the original Reeve Superman, the original 1989 Batman and the Nolan Batman trilogies for DC. I've always considered myself more of a Marvel fan too, so it's an even bigger sting.

cant really believe 'ol dude said that. Avengers called, having the crossover film has not been done on that scale before, its one of the most iconic CBM's ever made. then its different eras for different people, most kids today dont know who christopher reeve even is, only live action superman they know is cavill.

Avengers was decent, but only just decent. Not GREAT, for the time, like the other movies I mentioned. There has never been a GREAT Marvel movie. And with very few exceptions, most Marvel movies outside of those from Marvel Studios, aren't even worth watching. Spider-man (all 4), Fantastic Four (both of them) and X-Men (all except First Class) being great examples of extremely sub-par movies. Honestly, there's no redeeming qualities about any of the first three X-Men movies. Everything was done poorly from character selection to casting, plot, script/dialog and acting. Horrible and probably my least favorite series of superhero movies of all time. Maybe tied with Fantastic Four. ;)

If you want see an epic superhero adventure on screen, starring all kinds of beloved characters from the Marvel Universe, then IMO, that's Secret Wars in three parts. Period. But the bottom line is that regardless of subject matter or character inclusion, a movie has to be good. It has to stand on its own when compared to any movie from any genre.

But I digress. They're churning this stuff out now like so much ground beef it's all getting blended together. The Nolan Batman movies still stand head, shoulders and a few more heads and shoulders above everything else, so in that regard they're unique, different and simply very good movies. They won't be lost in the sea of comic movies. Hot toys is cranking out Iron Man product at a more feverish pace than the studios handling the movies. Sure, some of the stuff is cool, but they've honestly jumped the shark. It's just too much rehash and I'd rather have one Reeve Superman figure in my collection than half a dozen suits of Iron Man armor.

Last edited:

Avengers was decent, but only just decent. Not GREAT, for the time, like the other movies I mentioned. There has never been a GREAT Marvel movie. And with very few exceptions, most Marvel movies outside of those from Marvel Studios, aren't even worth watching. Spider-man (all 4), Fantastic Four (both of them) and X-Men (all except First Class) being great examples of extremely sub-par movies. Honestly, there's no redeeming qualities about any of the first three X-Men movies. Everything was done poorly from character selection to casting, plot, script/dialog and acting. Horrible and probably my least favorite series of superhero movies of all time. Maybe tied with Fantastic Four. ;)

If you want see an epic superhero adventure on screen, starring all kinds of beloved characters from the Marvel Universe, then IMO, that's Secret Wars in three parts. Period. But the bottom line is that regardless of subject matter or character inclusion, a movie has to be good. It has to stand on its own when compared to any movie from any genre.

But I digress. They're churning this stuff out now like so much ground beef it's all getting blended together. The Nolan Batman movies still stand head, shoulders and a few more heads and shoulders above everything else, so in that regard they're unique, different and simply very good movies. They won't be lost in the sea of comic movies. Hot toys is cranking out Iron Man product at a more feverish pace than the studios handling the movies. Sure, some of the stuff is cool, but they've honestly jumped the shark. It's just too much rehash and I'd rather have one Reeve Superman figure in my collection than half a dozen suits of Iron Man armor.

:clap Something I disagree with: I think Tobey Spidey is a classic, as he is one of the figures I REALLY had to get. Not touching Garfield though, that movie has no magic.

Agree with: First Class was the only X-men movie I enjoyed. Avengers was a novelty act (which was cool), but in twenty years, it won't mean much except to comic book fans who have value in what was first. No one else will care. And the best point you made, was how there is a sea of super hero movies. It really does cheapen them. I almost feel spoiled, but Iron Man 1 is the only movie worth watching twice. Also, I would also take one Reeve, one Keaton, and one Tobey over anyyyyyy figure from anyyyy of the Marvel movies. It's just different class.

You do know Spider-Man IS marvel?? Lol

You do know Spider-Man IS marvel?? Lol

If you're talking to me, then yes. I didn't suggest it was DC? Just that Tobey's Spidey was a higher-class character, such as Reeve Superman and Keaton Batman.

It's just the way you said ANY marvel movies. Kinda suggested it.

Back