1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

damn, that sux, now I have to contemplate getting the reg some place else for a lot cheaper than the Ex, hmmmmm..........

I contacted sideshow regarding the exclusive and they said that they wont ship the exclusive to canada. Thats so unfair to us canadians, i mean they ship to europe, but not northern america??:cuckoo: Im going to have to pay high taxes and shipping when i order from toys2:gah:

Oh well this figure is worth every penny.

Oh christ I just noticed that you called them directly...that sucks

Us canadians cant order the exclusive, because we live in north america. The exclusive is in the contenenal us and europe. I mean seriously, they can ship it to europe but not canada??

Did you try ordering? I live in Toronto and ordered without any problems. Will they cancel my order of the EX? Is that how it works?

Also who do they use to ship internationally? USPS or UPS?

Did you try ordering? I live in Toronto and ordered without any problems. Will they cancel my order of the EX? Is that how it works?

I did as well without problem but am wondering if we'll get screwed when it's ready to ship and there out of stock everywhere.

This stands as a superior piece of work and the definitive Superman collectable. This figure will go into the rarified category of elevating a collection from "toys" to art in the eyes of the uninitiated.

I can only imagine the things Arnie Kim has said under is breath in the last 24 hours.

An off topic question: Who is MMS151?

Superman is listed as MMS 152, who did I miss?!

Also, maybe the flying stand will be swappable with a horizontal clamp? That's and easy fix there.

But for me Ill be displaying him hovering above the Fortress diorama base seen in some of those beautiful pics in this thread. :)

I did as well without problem but am wondering if we'll get screwed when it's ready to ship and there out of stock everywhere.

F word...

This exclusive is probably one of the worst I've seen (coming off a free body for DX04)

I did order it anyway being from Canada, it let me too... just like you guys, but I also ordered a reg version just in case they go through with that ridiculous policy.

Did I read someone phoned them? Maybe I should too and ask what they are going to do around December... just cancel it?

Yes THE Superman...nuff said. Will sell out very quickly- ICONIC and many others who are not figure collectors will want this, too. Really a true collector's piece- will there be more from movies?? Lex? Lois?

Also who do they use to ship internationally? USPS or UPS?

I don't if i want to take a chance ordering from them cause like Lambo said Sideshow told him they will not ship the exclusive to Canada. You might only find out when the figure is released and by then it might be sold out on other websites

You should give them a call to make sure.

An off topic question: Who is MMS151?

Superman is listed as MMS 152, who did I miss?!

Also, maybe the flying stand will be swappable with a horizontal clamp? That's and easy fix there.

But for me Ill be displaying him hovering above the Fortress diorama base seen in some of those beautiful pics in this thread. :)

Pretty sure it was the Milla Jovovich RE figure.

htsupermanbonuskryptoni.jpg

WORTHLESS without this! :lecture

Absolutely. Because the kryptonite with real metal chain is a SSC Exclusive, it won't be offered anywhere else or anytime again. This may also mean a Lex may not happen as it is a def Lex accessory.

So this is it, if you want the green rock, get the green rock now. I got the green rock. :rock

Last edited:

Im definitely getting a exclusive from sideshow.

So, slightly off-topic, question to those of you who have made/bought custom CR Superman figures, what are your thoughts now?
I have a few custom figures (most notably the Nanjin Star Trek trio) and have never had a customized figure get the Royal HT treatment later on.
I wonder how I would feel about my Trek figures if HT made figures of them as well. If I would keep my custom figures alongside HT's, or if I would sell them off.
The closest I can think of is the multiple Alien figures I have, or the Medi-Vader and SST-Vader. I don't feel the need to sell off my Medi-Vader, even though I don't have him displayed anymore.

We've known this was coming for a while, and people have still spent inordinate amounts of money on customs that may reach half the quality of this figure, so if they're in any way upset, there's no one to blame but themselves.

You'll always have the crowd that defends their customs to the death, though, because they need to justify the money they spent on them. I've seen one custom CR Supes that would be worth even close to the retail price for this, and the rest look like the recent Retro Action Superman from Mattel. And that's being generous.

WTF Sideshow!! Again you screw me over with the EX only available to US and Europe!!! BAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

It's because i complained so much about Sparrow DX and I live in europe..you aussies should have been more vocal...:wink1:

If I ordered the Ex without requesting extra packaging, how would I go about changing that? Really want this fig in perfect condition.

Back