1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

Awesome. Politics. If a thread's conflict has exhausted itself, never fear...

If they listen, then what happened to the Indy :pfft:

Ha! So you think we have power here, huh? The Superman sculpt was modified because the proto pics were, well, proto pics. Has nothing to do with us. We all know the uproar caused by the Indy proto pics, and we all know how that turned out. Bottom line is we have as much power over HT as we have over the stupid politicians we elect, unless we collectively speak with our wallets and stop voting, respectively.

Let's steer clear of this discussion (speaking as a mod). It has no end and no winner, and the only certainty is I will end up having to clean the thread up.

We'll never know whether our uproar impacted HT's decision to revisit this sculpt or not - everyone has their own theories, let's leave it at that.

Let's steer clear of this discussion (speaking as a mod). It has no end and no winner, and the only certainty is I will end up having to clean the thread up.

We'll never know whether our uproar impacted HT's decision to revisit this sculpt or not - everyone has their own theories, let's leave it at that.

:exactly::lecture:lecture

This shows the power we have here in the forums.

pikachu-power.gif

Ha! So you think we have power here, huh? The Superman sculpt was modified because the proto pics were, well, proto pics. Has nothing to do with us. We all know the uproar caused by the Indy proto pics, and we all know how that turned out. Bottom line is we have as much power over HT as we have over the stupid politicians we elect, unless we collectively speak with our wallets and stop voting, respectively.

Indeed. From Howard Chan interview last year:

Q: Why did Hot Toys make the decision to allow customers to cancel their orders for the Iron Man Mark III (Battle Damaged Version) collectible figure?

Howard: We remain very proud of the final product with its many new enhancements to the armor; unfortunately there were too many negative feedback from the “public” in the discussion forums (which not necessarily come from the actual customers or buyers of the product) regarding the head sculpt and color scheme.

So we made the decision to allow those who feel they are not 100% satisfied to cancel their orders, in direct response to all the negative discussion in the forums. If we had not made the decision Hot Toys would have been accused of having grown “too big” or “arrogant” who does not care for the feelings of customers.

Go ahead and read the above quote. Facts are facts. We do have a voice here.

Now you know.

As per intothevoid's request, I'm letting it go. So should you.

Go ahead and read the above quote. Facts are facts. We do have a voice here.

Now you know.

Interesting interview, but it doesn't prove anything - HT has pretty much doubled in size since that Mark III.

While I personally believe the bickering had a lot to do with the revisions, those who don't believe it would still have a defensible argument. So again, I see no winners here, just endless argument.

So yeah, end of discussion please. :wave

Interesting interview, but it doesn't prove anything - HT has pretty much doubled in size since that Mark III.

While I personally believe the bickering had a lot to do with the revisions, those who don't believe it would still have a defensible argument. So again, I see no winners here, just endless argument.

So yeah, end of discussion please. :wave

No problem. How Howard handles the Indy issue will determine if he stands by his statements last year or they have gotten arrogant after growing.

The changes are fairly clear in this pic:

hot_toys_1978_superman_by_ranock-d4dahar.jpg

Not going anywhere near the debate about whether Hot Toys changed this themselves or listened to us...all I will say is that the proto looks 'okay' but really lifeless compared to the production version when you compare them. That photo is more like the difference between a waxwork and a real person.

As for new figures here's how I see it...

ZOD - comes with machine gun, bent shotgun and that Krypton Hoop thing he was standing in when Jor El prosecuted the Kryptonians.

JOR EL - in black with that neon staff and Kal El's ship with baby Superman!

LEX LUTHOR - In suit, with his wig and a Nuclear warhead!!!!!

SUPERMAN/ CLARK KENT 2 in 1 - with Fortress of Solitude console, green crystal, Supes and Clark heads.

LOIS LANE - doesn't deserve a figure because of 'Can You Read My Mind?'

Not going anywhere near the debate about whether Hot Toys changed this themselves or listened to us...all I will say is that the proto looks 'okay' but really lifeless compared to the production version when you compare them. That photo is more like the difference between a waxwork and a real person.

As for new figures here's how I see it...

ZOD - comes with machine gun, bent shotgun and that Krypton Hoop thing he was standing in when Jor El prosecuted the Kryptonians.

JOR EL - in black with that neon staff and Kal El's ship with baby Superman!

LEX LUTHOR - In suit, with his wig and a Nuclear warhead!!!!!

SUPERMAN/ CLARK KENT 2 in 1 - with Fortress of Solitude console, green crystal, Supes and Clark heads.

LOIS LANE - doesn't deserve a figure because of 'Can You Read My Mind?'

A 2 in 1 is for sure coming out after the success of this amazing likeness. I do hope to see a fortress of solitude crystal stand and crystals this time. A Margot Kidder Hot Toys would be nice but not likely.

Honestly - the only figures I can see them making are a 2in1 Supes (possibly DX) and a Reissue of Jor El in the correct coloured clothing

Honestly - the only figures I can see them making are a 2in1 Supes (possibly DX) and a Reissue of Jor El in the correct coloured clothing

I will definitely pre-order a 2 in 1 Supes with Clark. It is inevitable. I also hope its a DX with lots of props from the movie.

On this one, I'm thinking of a phone booth as a dio w/c I think will look great for Clark Kent. :monkey1

Oh most definitely. A DX should come with the phone booth as the main prop for Clark, while the fortress of solitude crystal stand as well. Make it an epic piece.

Oh most definitely. A DX should come with the phone booth as the main prop for Clark, while the fortress of solitude crystal stand as well. Make it an epic piece.

Indeed! Although since we already got the crystal stands for this one, any idea on a stand/dio that will suit for the next HT Superman?

Indeed! Although since we already got the crystal stands for this one, any idea on a stand/dio that will suit for the next HT Superman?

We didn't get a crystal stand? We got a fortress backdrop but not the stand that has the memory crystals.

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl Funny on a couple levels!

Back