1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry for the late reply, guys. But here is how I have my DX02 currently on display

Hot Toys DX02 -1 small.jpg

The following modifications have been made:
- Custom Tony Meis long cape
- DX12 utility belt (I had to shorten the belt by taking out two segments and supergluing it all back together. Piece of cake)
- DX12 neck (I had to take out the rubber piece. The neck sits very deep and tight in the body)

I think these three customizations will be enough for me. I am waiting for a custom painted mouthpiece and that is it.
I have tried the DX12 head as well, but found it looks awfully bulbous. The DX02 cowl is just fine (although perhaps not movie accurate).
Installing the DX12 neck was not a real problem. I just had to pry it open gently with a pair of pliers and take out the rubber neck piece. The neck sits very tight in the suit and you have to push it in quite deep due to its length (giraffe alert). But right now I am quite satisfied

Sorry for the late reply, guys. But here is how I have my DX02 currently on display

View attachment 120131

The following modifications have been made:
- Custom Tony Meis long cape
- DX12 utility belt (I had to shorten the belt by taking out two segments and supergluing it all back together. Piece of cake)
- DX12 neck (I had to take out the rubber piece. The neck sits very deep and tight in the body)

I think these three customizations will be enough for me. I am waiting for a custom painted mouthpiece and that is it.
I have tried the DX12 head as well, but found it looks awfully bulbous. The DX02 cowl is just fine (although perhaps not movie accurate).
Installing the DX12 neck was not a real problem. I just had to pry it open gently with a pair of pliers and take out the rubber neck piece. The neck sits very tight in the suit and you have to push it in quite deep due to its length (giraffe alert). But right now I am quite satisfied

Love the DX12 neck - really works. The ab section looks great too - can you get the DX12 gauntlets on the arms? And possibly the boots.

The newest addition to my collection was acquired via trade with a great forum member, Deeken. I received a DX02 Batman. Needless to say, I love this figure even with how outdated it is. And if I had to choose headsculpts between the DX02 and DX12, I'd 100% go with the DX02. Anyway, here are some quick photos I took yesterday. Enjoy!

DX02 Batman

Those are great pics man! I love mine. I got him after I got the DX12 and for some reason, I instantly liked him more. Can't wait to get the DX11 Joker to pair him up with to make a display.

Those are great pics man! I love mine. I got him after I got the DX12 and for some reason, I instantly liked him more. Can't wait to get the DX11 Joker to pair him up with to make a display.

Thanks man! Appreciate that. Currently I have him posed next to my DX11 Joker in my detolf. I'll probably be re-enacting the interrogation room scene fairly soon, and once that happens I'll make sure to post my pictures up!

I'll probably be re-enacting the interrogation room scene fairly soon, and once that happens I'll make sure to post my pictures up!

Can't wait to see that! That's what I plan to do so it'd be nice to see how it looks beforehand lol

So I finally was able to set up the interrogation scene, something I've always been jealous of watching people do with their Hot Toys haha. Here's a few shots I took today!

DX02 Batman & DX11 Joker Interrogation Scene

Oh that's perfect! Great pictures, man! Love how you setup Joker's head and PERS. I can't wait to get a DX11 so I can do this with mine!

The newest addition to my collection was acquired via trade with a great forum member, Deeken. I received a DX02 Batman. Needless to say, I love this figure even with how outdated it is. And if I had to choose headsculpts between the DX02 and DX12, I'd 100% go with the DX02. Anyway, here are some quick photos I took yesterday. Enjoy!​

Yep! First time I laid eyes on the DX02 cowl head, I was shocked by how better it looked than the DX12's.
Looks much more like Bale in the cowl.​

DX02 sculpt is weird as ****. Well I have a custom mouthpiece for DX12 so that probably changes things a lot.

DX02 sculpt is weird as ****. Well I have a custom mouthpiece for DX12 so that probably changes things a lot.

The DX12 cowl can look just as weird as the DX02. I have both sculpts here and find the DX02 is more to my liking.
The main reason the DX02 looks wonky sometimes is the wrong angle and eye positioning. I am shocked sometimes by how people pose their DX02 and their wonky eyes. In fact I am getting shocked so bad sometimes, that I have to check my own DX02 and it's like they have a completely different figure.

I think there are two main reasons why many fotos of the DX02 look awful. First is the lighting. Cameras tend to depict objects not as we percieve them but with completely different contrast. When I look at the DX02 with my own eyes, I see shadows covering parts of the eyes making them much more squint-ish.
The second thing is positioning of the head and eyes and/or camera. Cameras typically are held lower than your normal eye position when looking at an object.
This means the foto is taken from below the figure with an upward angle. This is fatal for this figure. Look at it from above slightliy looking down and the shadows will do the rest.
Poistion the head so it looks slightly down. This pose is quite typical for the Batman, as it implies dominance. Positioning the eyes slightly to the side and up makes this figure look ridiculously cool. From all angles, by the way. Just don't try to fotograph it ;)

The DX12 head on the other hand has its benefits. It is more movie accurate (but far from perfect). It excels, I think, in the paint details of the eyes (iris). They are really well done. But for me the DX02 looks more natural and more like the comic book Batman that I so love.

Back