1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Back in hiding after Nolan called TDKR the biggest production since the silent era

SOUND.jpg

:slap :slap :slap

Oh, DiFabio. :monkey2

Well, I got him all boxed up. :monkey2

I know, it's just that he was my favorite figure for so long. Plus I got one of the good ones.

You know what would be awesome: I sell this figure, and buy the new TDKR figure and it leaks like crazy. NAM would love that! :lol

That is precisely why I'm torn also in selling my DX. I'm tempted also but what if HT decides to make the next batch inferior like in the case of OC bats. I have both versions and the OC is clearly better than the new one. The new one has thinner rubber. The only thing nice about the new begins is the BW sculpt, but we all know that figure is plagued with problems.

My DX is problem free, no leaks and it'll suck getting the new version and then end up being inferior.

I have both versions and the OC is clearly better than the new one.

Have people finally come around to this realization? I couldn't believe that people were looking at the same pics I was and seeing superiority in the New OC with its frosted rubber and soft details.

New does not equal better.

Have people finally come around to this realization? I couldn't believe that people were looking at the same pics I was and seeing superiority in the New OC with its frosted rubber and soft details.

New does not equal better.

The old OC definitely has the superior suit - mainly because it's not painted and it's thicker.

But the underlying body of the 2011 version is far more accurate to Bale's build in Begins, and certainly fills the suit out MUCH better.

Also the face sculpt/paint on the Batman cowl is a good improvement (just talking about the neutral face, not the extras).

Also, they partially addressed the super giraffe neck issue by making the neck portion smaller on the cowl.

Still can't believe they didn't improve the cowl sculpt itself or give us more accurately sculpted and painted gauntlets.

I just always rememeber this picture:

comp1.jpg

That pic doesn't account for the variation in both the 2008 suits and the 2011 suits.

Some 2008 versions look absolutely dried out to hell. While some 2011 versions look really great.

Here's a comparison of mine:

IMG-5304.jpg

IMG-2835.jpg

Main things that stand out for me
1. 2011 version looks much better built (Biceps, Torso) and has a natural slope along the shoulders
2. 2011 face paint looks much better
3. Suit differences on mine while there, are not very drastic

Maybe it's the lighting, I'm very particular about my figures lighting in the shelf and I've twice switched my begins to 2011 body to give it a chance but the body looks faded compared to my OC so I switch the body back.
Although I kept the faceplate of the new version, and the paintjob is better, Im disappointed though cause the paint is too pale. The older OC had a nice skin tone...unfortunately, it looks rough on close up. But when viewing from a distance, it looks better.

Personally, I had to combine both version to get a better begins, the new version should have put the older one to shame.

That is precisely why I'm torn also in selling my DX. I'm tempted also but what if HT decides to make the next batch inferior like in the case of OC bats. I have both versions and the OC is clearly better than the new one. The new one has thinner rubber. The only thing nice about the new begins is the BW sculpt, but we all know that figure is plagued with problems.

My DX is problem free, no leaks and it'll suck getting the new version and then end up being inferior.

Yep.

My main concern is the boots. I think he wears the same boots in all the films, but the only figure that had nice boots is the DX02. Better rubber, better form.

All the other figures make me want to cover the boots with the cape.

Even the DX02 boots are a joke IMO

Medi killed them on those too

Really? I think they're pretty good.

IMG_6967crop.jpg

A lot better than the gummy boots that come with all the other HT Batman figures.

Last edited:

IMG_6999-1.jpg

IMG_6997-1.jpg

IMG_6993-1.jpg

Last edited:

Yep. Custom cape. Shortened neck.

Back