1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Some had modified the arms so the bicep armor fits lower, but I never bothered. Looks great with the two mods you mention.

Thanks very much, Maglor. I was looking at how your DX was done up and he looks just right. It gives me something to aim for with mine. Cheers!

duff.gif

I was preparing to do the Commtech neck post mod as the giraffe neck has been bothering me for some time. I split the post open & removed the socket, and just for kicks I pressed the post back together without glue and dropped it back on the body & with the head in place.
Presto....results achieved. No more giraffe neck, no dremmeling needed. The neck sits on the post just fine, the edges of the rubber suit hold it in place & the magnetic head holds it together. That was easy!

DSCN0162.jpg

Last edited:

Looks good! You gonna get a custom cape?

What do guys think of the future of this figure and the DX01 when 2.0 and TDKR Bats come's out? Price wise.

What do guys think of the future of this figure and the DX01 when 2.0 and TDKR Bats come's out? Price wise.
Depends on the new products, and what they offer that these older figures don't. With Joker, I can only assume HT is going to attempt to give him a better head sculpt, and more accurate clothing. So, I think the DX-01 might decrease in price quite a bit if they succeed at doing those things. The only things that might make DX-01 desirable at that point would be the cop outfit and, maybe, grenade rig.

With Bats, the DX-02 is gonna be different in having the sonar head, backpack, and sticky gun I reckon. But hopefully the newer figure will have better proportions and, ideally, will not be rubber and will have more articulation. Even considering leaky abs on some and the fact that he's a glorified statue due to a lack of articulation, I don't see DX-02 dropping too much just because I think he's really excellent in the eyes of most, and there's only very limited ways to improve him.* DX-01, on the other hand, has a lot of room for improvement with the head sculpt, anyway.

*and before void or someone else chimes in with all the various little tweaks that can be made :D , I mean in the eyes of most collectors.

^ Personally, if they just changed the head sculpt and gave him some more articulation I'd be fine with everything else. No leaking abs too, of course. I think the eyes on the DX02 kill the head sculpt. He looks goofy imo.

I was preparing to do the Commtech neck post mod as the giraffe neck has been bothering me for some time. I split the post open & removed the socket, and just for kicks I pressed the post back together without glue and dropped it back on the body & with the head in place.
Presto....results achieved. No more giraffe neck, no dremmeling needed. The neck sits on the post just fine, the edges of the rubber suit hold it in place & the magnetic head holds it together. That was easy!

DSCN0162.jpg

Hmm... no dremeling required, huh?

I may have to give it a try then, I don't know that the neck has ever bothered me that much to really even care, but maybe I will look at it a little closer since I know a lot of you folks have shortened the neck.

The cape was really the only thing I hated about the figure and promptly got a custom replacement for it.

M.

Yep, just pop it open at the seam from the bottom with a pair of needle nose pliers, & take out the plastic socket. Hell, I didn't even glue the thing back together, just press it shut, pop it on the body & set the head back it place.

do you have a pic of this plastic socket from previous mod so I would know which one to remove?
I'm thinking of doing this mod.

Can someone post or direct me to a pic of an un-modded neck? I don't think I've ever noticed it.

This is after Commtech dremmeled the original ridge & inserted a dime acting as the new ridge:
IMG_1264.jpg

IMG_1266.jpg

IMG_1405.jpg

IMG_1406.jpg

IMG_1407.jpg

Before and after the mod, notice the dreaded giraffe neck:
IMG_1271.jpg
IMG_1270.jpg

IMG_1272.jpg
IMG_1273.jpg

All I did was to just remove the black plastic socket.
DSCN0162.jpg

^ I definitely see a difference and does look better. I don't think it bothers me as much as the BB neck...sheesh.

IMG_1272.jpg

Sometimes I think this figure wasn't meant to be desplayed with the neck/head in that position.. So if the head is looking down you can't actually notice the neck is a bit too long...

464658_3479201335576_1137565148_33293680_1176317099_o.jpg

Hrmm. I've always been fine with the regular neck. Just don't look up!

DSC_1780.jpg

DSC03253.jpg

But the Sonar neck is just ridiculous.

Yeah, I had mine posed with the head bowed low. Still looked really long to me.

When a man bows his head his chin should fall more over his chest.

Back