1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

I refuse to see the third movie now that they won't be using the Riddler, and the title sucks.

I had a looming feeling something like this would happen.

I wish the director was someone who cared about what the fans want.

That’s when he (Nolan) did agree, however, to eliminate a villain candidate, namely Edward Nigma. - LA Times

:rotfl:nana:

I mean it. That just pisses me off that Nolan would do that. Maybe they should get someone else to direct.

Now that's just crazy talk, Nevah happen.

I mean it. That just pisses me off that Nolan would do that. Maybe they should get someone else to direct.

Well, I know your pissed... after all The Riddler is your namesake.

But, that has absolutely nothing to do with whether it will be a good movie. Absolutely nothing. :lecture

I have no problem letting Noland be the one to chose the characters. Who am I to tell him he has made the wrong choice.

This movie is gonna be awesome. How could it not be. And whoever the villain is, I'll be buying the Hot Toys figure for it! :exactly:

No 'maybe' about it.

Of course they shouldn't.

In your opinion.

It appears to me that Nolan does not care what fans would like to see, even if what they want to see is a really good choice for what he is doing.

It's not like he is the only director out there.

He killed off two face, replaced Katie Holmes, and now has eliminated The Riddler from Batman 3, on top of giving the next movie an unattractive and IMO not very creative title.

Even if there were to be a fourth movie, it would be another 8 years before we get another chance at seeing the Riddler.

this sucks.

And whoever the villain is, I'll be buying the Hot Toys figure for it! :exactly:

If it's Catwoman, yeah, I probably will. If it's Black Mask, no way. Less iconic villains means money saved.

In your opinion.

It appears to me that Nolan does not care what fans would like to see, even if what they want to see is a really good choice for what he is doing.

He killed off two face, replaced Katie Holmes, and now has eliminated The Riddler from Batman 3, on top of giving the next movie an unattractive and IMO not very creative title.

Even if there were to be a fourth movie, it would be another 8 years before we get another chance at seeing the Riddler.

this sucks.

I think his treatment of Two Face was perfect.

I'm glad riddler is out of contention - never interested me much.

So yeah, not sure all that many fans were clamouring for Riddler in any case.

for what he is doing.

:exactly: "For what he is doing" We don't know what he is doing. lol

Most us were puzzled to his decision on Heath Ledger and look at what an amazing great choice that was. It is the directors vision. I mean in one of your comments above you are saying that you would be ok to have WB let go of Nolan for another director based off the fact that YOUR character that you really really wanted is not going to be in it. haha thats a joke in itself.

For example your Joker custom is your vision even though most have commented the jacket is all wrong. But you have said the reason for choosing the jacket was due to your story line. Same factors in here. It is creative decision by Nolan with a cast of many villains to choose from.

Batmans gallery of villains is insanely huge. I have been into the comics and stories of Batman for 24 years with my grandfather starting me off and sharing his Batman knowledge and comics with me. And to narrow down that a film will make or brake due to the Riddler being in or out is just a joke. I like your rants Edward but this one I couldnt just read and pass up commenting.

Your age has finally fully shown in your last comment. So Im ready for you sarcastic comment back. But as you say, this is just my opinion based with backing from batman history.

So thats my opinion and response on the matter. :lecture

It appears to me that Nolan does not care what fans would like to see

Of course he doesn't. It's not his job to care what fans want, and nobody ever thought it was or that he should.

All he wants to do is make a damn good movie. That's his job and he has yet to fail.

What's your point?

By the way, he's not only one of the best currently in the business, he's also probably the best of any director who's tackled comic book movies in the last decade or two.

Hah! Replacing Kate Holmes is supposed to be a bad thing?

Hah! Replacing Kate Holmes is supposed to be a bad thing?

Yeah, we were all set up with Katie as Rachel, and then he replaced her.

I think he should have just dropped the character completely.

Your age has finally fully shown in your last comment.

I really don't know what my age has to do with anything here.

I don't understand this boards constant mottos

"If you're young, you're stupid."

It's ridiculous. One of my favorite verses from the bible is this one:

"Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity."

While not all of us will look at that second part the same, I think we can agree that the first part is saying something.

Now that I've simmered down a bit that I overreacted to this. He shouldn't be replaced because of this, (though it would be nice since he seems to not want to incorporate dozens of things important to Batman), but I still will not see the movie. All my hopes of the third movie are crushed....

None of you can say I'm wrong for not wanting to see the movie.

But I will agree that I sort of blew up about this. I partly blame it on the internet though for all of the rumors, which really escalated to what we should expect.

I can also say this now that I'm simmered down.

I was also really upset because I know Nolan's one of the only guys who could get the Riddler right......

all hope is lost now, though :(

I can also say this now that I'm simmered down.

I was also really upset because I know Nolan's one of the only guys who could get the Riddler right......

all hope is lost now, though :(

Yeah, I'm sure it would have been a fantastic adaption of the character...alas we shall not be seeing it.

I don't think you should rob yourself of seeing this film though. You might just like it.

Must we forget how unhappy a lot of us where when Heath Ledger was picked to play Joker by Nolan??? Now how upset so many of us are he cant be in the next film??? But Nolan ended up being right about that... So no Riddler who cares... There a lot of other big fish out there that could be good... Im sure will see Scarecrow again at least one more time in 3... Im hoping that Ra's will be back too... But hey Ill still be in line on July 20 2012 no matter who Nolan picks for the villan... That and I get my Batman 3 Hot Toys fix...

Yeah, I'm sure it would have been a fantastic adaption of the character...alas we shall not be seeing it.

I don't think you should rob yourself of seeing this film though. You might just like it.

Yeah, I might just see it. I cannot stop myself from thinking of what could have been.... :(

I hope he at least brings two face back...

I sometimes feel like the series is sort of doomed to be lesser than what could have been, what with Heath Ledger dying and whatnot, Rachel being recasted and killed, and now The Riddler being scrapped.

God, if you give us Heath Ledger back we'll give you Justin Bieber.

Must we forget how unhappy a lot of us where when Heath Ledger was picked to play Joker by Nolan??? Now how upset so many of us are he cant be in the next film??? But Nolan ended up being right about that... So no Riddler who cares... There a lot of other big fish out there that could be good... Im sure will see Scarecrow again at least one more time in 3... Im hoping that Ra's will be back too... But hey Ill still be in line on July 20 2012 no matter who Nolan picks for the villan... That and I get my Batman 3 Hot Toys fix...

Isn't that the truth? I remember when I heard that Ledger was going to be the Joker. I was horrified at how awful of a job he was going to do. It's funny to look back on my worries now. I feel robbed that we won't see him in the role again, but I feel even more sympathetic to his family for their loss. So tragic. :(

^^agreed! wasn't too thrilled at the beginning that Heath was chosen either. but once I heard the first trailer with just the voices and heard that laugh I was sold!

But I do find it funny that so many are not just taking this new stuff with a grain of salt. How do any of us know whether Nolan is just telling us a lie about no Riddler as well as the title? It could just be part of keeping everything covered up. It's exactly the same tactic Micheal Bay uses when doing the TF Films. so much info was let out for TF2 and none of us TF fanatics actually knew what to believe and what not to believe right up until the first trailer.

with that said, I'll just wait until the first official pics/promos and trailer to pass my judgment and still wait in anticipation to find out what's really going to happen for the next installment of Nolan verse Batman

^^agreed! wasn't too thrilled at the beginning that Heath was chosen either. but once I heard the first trailer with just the voices and heard that laugh I was sold!

But I do find it funny that so many are not just taking this new stuff with a grain of salt. How do any of us know whether Nolan is just telling us a lie about no Riddler as well as the title? It could just be part of keeping everything covered up. It's exactly the same tactic Micheal Bay uses when doing the TF Films. so much info was let out for TF2 and none of us TF fanatics actually knew what to believe and what not to believe right up until the first trailer.

with that said, I'll just wait until the first official pics/promos and trailer to pass my judgment and still wait in anticipation to find out what's really going to happen for the next installment of Nolan verse Batman

Actually did he say 'no Riddler" or just 'no Edward Nygma'?

:horror Gipetto just set Ed up for more disappointment! :panic:

Back