1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Keeping tissue in below wont do any harm. If the oil builds up over weeks/months it could do damage as it's quite corrosive to the kevlar decal if left for long periods. Remember my last figure? that was in larger quantity of oil.

If any oil does ooze in below the pads the worst that happens is it soaks it up and the tissue dries stopping any decal lifting (bubbles). The oil seems to dry up fast when away from the surface but will stay moist on the actual rubber eating away at itself if left. Almost like battery acid for rubber.

I don't know how long I've had the kleenex folded up flat below the shoulders now and once every 2 - 3 weeks I check which it's nice and dry.

Re: Where to find aBatman DX from DCD?

I've experienced nothing but great service from HK sellers on ebay, go with the power sellers with great ratings.
guobei 11 and bbicn are two sellers I've had great experiences with- cheapest prices on HT products and decent delivery times from HK/China to UK.

Last edited:

Sux to hear that some of you with the DCD batch are having problems. Guess I am lucky since I got three of them, one from BBTS and two from GoHastings and none have any issue at all.

I've had the bicep armour problem, although less oil. When I first opened him there was a tiny bit on his right shoulder pad, left was fine. Voduon has described it best "it was like some one handling it after eating crisps" it wasn't anything like the oil in the picture that you quoted. It almost looked like condensation.

It never came back until a week later, there was the same amount, same looking oil but it was in a different place.

I wiped that and he is now back in the box as i'm setting my shelves up.

When I take him out of the box if there is that little mist of oil there again i'm going to put tissue under there myself. However vodoun, who suggested putting tissue under there, still gets oil coming back once a week. Which is what is happening to mine now, so i'm wondering if it is even worth it!?

Ahh, I could ramble on about it for hours.

Is yours definitely the DCD batch mate?

Yeah, I'm sure. Hard plastic abs, from an American dealer. The belt being packaged like it was confirmed it was the DCD as well. It's a shame as I dig this figure soooo much. It's awesome, but HT really need to sort their QC out. It's crazy to think that this one release has been plagued by so many issues. It's supposed to be the state of the art uber deluxe figure for crying out loud. Still I can't stay mad at it for long :D

Re: Where to find aBatman DX from DCD?

Hello guys. Where can I found a Batman DX from DC Direct (or without those problems reported here)?
I thank you the help.

Although there are still problems with some leaking in some of the DCD DX02's (mine is fine after 2 months) the earlier batches are worse.

Do try to find a DCD seller.

I think Mesa means that one minute goHastings will have them "in stock" and the next minute they wont. Just keep checking there.

:dunno He might not have a choice at this point.

Yeah, I'm sure. Hard plastic abs, from an American dealer. The belt being packaged like it was confirmed it was the DCD as well. It's a shame as I dig this figure soooo much. It's awesome, but HT really need to sort their QC out. It's crazy to think that this one release has been plagued by so many issues. It's supposed to be the state of the art uber deluxe figure for crying out loud. Still I can't stay mad at it for long :D

I can. Lol. This could quite easily be my fav figure if it wasnt for the fact that its built like crap. :lol I'm considering getting the medicom batman and just transferring some of the extras from my DX over to that. Only just really looked at the medicom and it looks better than i imagined. Not that i wanna get into a "which is better argument" :lol

Just bear in mind a lot of the medis you'll see have been extensively modded!

[/B]

I can. Lol. This could quite easily be my fav figure if it wasnt for the fact that its built like crap. :lol I'm considering getting the medicom batman and just transferring some of the extras from my DX over to that. Only just really looked at the medicom and it looks better than i imagined. Not that i wanna get into a "which is better argument" :lol

"Built like crap"? :dunno

"Built like crap"? :dunno

Yeah, well built like crap is unfair i suppose. Just it seems that everytime it gets "fixed" something else appears wrong with it. Perhaps im just bitter because mine is the original, leaking abs batch and Hot Toys refused to do anything about it. And because it could be such a great figure. :(

Yeah there is that, thats the one thing putting me off. Was wondering if i could just transfer the head, belt and maybe the chest plate armour over to the Medi.

Yeah, it's horrid. Stock look from the box.

dscf6043.jpg

Well the Judge Doom eyes do compete with the PERS.

Somebody booked the head.

Back