1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

I don't what to do...

I have my 2nd Batman coming from Toys2. The first one has oily abs, looks like it will start deteriorating...

Should I just live with both, maybe cover one up as much with the cape? I know the abs will get messed up, but will it trickle down thighs et.?

Maybe sell the parts? I feel like that 1st one was a waste of money..

I would use the oily one for some crazy ass dynamic pose, and just forget about it. And you could do the destuctive (but effective ) neck mod to, without worrying about it.

Then use the new DCD one for your mint figure.

Just a thought.

I don't what to do...

I have my 2nd Batman coming from Toys2. The first one has oily abs, looks like it will start deteriorating...

Should I just live with both, maybe cover one up as much with the cape? I know the abs will get messed up, but will it trickle down thighs et.?

Maybe sell the parts? I feel like that 1st one was a waste of money..

I'm interested on the chest part and maybe the upper rubber suit. If you're really going to sell the parts, please write me a pm :)

Am I glad that we labelled all these batches, identified them and got replacements instead of taunting ppl who try to do the leg work for everyone else..

:monkey1 :horror :lol

That's the middle size he makes.

He does these three: TDK short, TDK long, Batman Begins (that's the biggest - like the Takara cape).

I like both of the TDK capes. The short one is gonna be better for action poses, and in my opinion the long one is the ultimate for stoic poses where he is just standing there with the cape flowing around him.

[I seriously cant stop staring at the figure with the new cape. :love]

So yours is the TDK long then

Thanks Mag :duff

It's now been about 30 hours since I first wiped that oil from the bicep plate, it hasn't come back.

Loving this figure. It's immense looking. I just wish the leaking problem wasn't lingering like a bad smell. Anyways. it's awesome! Did I mention how awesome it is? :lol

The only problems I have with it are the usual, changing the hands is a real pain, it feels like you are putting waaaaay too much force on his arms. I think one leg may be longer than the other as well, lol.

Agreed on both points.

I still have his fist hands on both my bats... hands changing makes me feel like I'm about to break something... it's hard to know what to get a grip of when forcing it in. And I swear, the extra pegs are slightly different sizes making it harder... or maybe it's cause they're not worn out enough.

But he is spectacular, I can't stop looking at him! Contender with T-800 for top spot for me.

Agreed on both points.

I still have his fist hands on both my bats... hands changing makes me feel like I'm about to break something... it's hard to know what to get a grip of when forcing it in. And I swear, the extra pegs are slightly different sizes making it harder... or maybe it's cause they're not worn out enough.

But he is spectacular, I can't stop looking at him! Contender with T-800 for top spot for me.

It's true, I feel like i'm going to break his arm in half or tear the rubber on every hand change.

It's like enough already Hot Toys, introduce a new hand changing system already, maybe magnets.....something....anything other than these stupid tiny pegs!

Oh, and I hate the way his gloves don't match up to his forearm, looks uneven.

Yeah there's no real point that you feel safe holding whilst trying to put his arms in. The rubber moves about on his arms so that's a no no. All the upper workings of his chest are delicate so I don't like to hold it there, plus if you hold practically anywhere it feels like you may rub paint off! It was definitely hard work. The fisted hands are back in now and will probabaly stay in there!

Yep. Amazing figure. I haven't even begun changing his gear or hands around yet. He just looks too cool as is for now.

Swapping his belt round was a pain too.

Swapping his belt round was a pain too.

Sadly everything about this figure is a disaster. It's more like an ornament. If you pose the legs too much too often the crotch cracks and splits. The paint coating over the legs easily cracks if bent a fair bit at the knees or thighs upwards and thats not even extreme posing.

And then we have the giraffe neck, the silly chin, the annoying 2 piece gun, crappy cape, gloves that don't align correctly, annoying pins, semi-weak ankles, crossed eye pers system , mediocre to no posing and the oil leak.....

But other than those gripes, he's pretty good :lol

And yes, Blade is a better overall figure.....shocker I know

Last edited:

Agreed on both points.

2 words:

Hair. Dryer.

And then we have the giraffe neck, the silly chin, the annoying 2 piece gun, crappy cape, gloves that don't align correctly, annoying pins, semi-weak ankles, crossed eye pers system , mediocre to no posing and the oil leak.....

But other than those gripes, he's pretty good :lol

And yes, Blade is a better overall figure.....shocker I know
Ok, I was all set to get one of these but all this negative talk has me second guessing myself. Should I just get TDK Batman? I just want one to display next to my Superman.

Ok, I was all set to get one of these but all this negative talk has me second guessing myself. Should I just get TDK Batman? I just want one to display next to my Superman.

I wrote that jokingly but half serious.

At the end of the day he's still worth owning.

In all seriousness though Hot Toys really needs to come up with a better hand swapping system.

You already know about his long neck and awkward curved jaw line which needs to be pushed up against the neck to look natural, from the sides anyways.

The lack of posing is what it is.

Even with his semi weak ankles, he's still able to stand w/o the crotch wire.

Pers on mine is actually fine.

Last but not least, he's not leaking! :yess:

For me, Blade is a much more fun and dynamic figure but get him if you need a Batman, don't hesitate.

Just change his cape to a custom and call me in the morning. :lol

Just got mine from gohastings today. Box had a little wear but nothing major.

I didn't think I'd be so impressed by it since I've had the V1 for so long but he's awesome. The V1 will hit sales thread soon.

Coco, you must get a lforigno cape. :lecture

Or a Commtech cape.;)

"To bomb or not to bomb– that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler of a man to suffer
The pains inflicted by criminal masterminds,
Or to take arms against a city's evildoers
And, by opposing, end them..."
That's awesome! I didn't even think of that. :rock

Thanks, glad you liked it! Re-writing Hamlet to fit in the Batman universe was fun. And it's all thanks to your pose.

I wrote that jokingly but half serious.

At the end of the day he's still worth owning.

In all seriousness though Hot Toys really needs to come up with a better hand swapping system.

You already know about his long neck and awkward curved jaw line which needs to be pushed up against the neck to look natural, from the sides anyways.

The lack of posing is what it is.

Even with his semi weak ankles, he's still able to stand w/o the crotch wire.

Pers on mine is actually fine.

Last but not least, he's not leaking! :yess:

For me, Blade is a much more fun and dynamic figure but get him if you need a Batman, don't hesitate.

Just change his cape to a custom and call me in the morning. :lol

1) There is nothing wrong with the hand swapping system in my opinion. The hands pull out of the wrists easily, with the wrist pegs still in the hands. I just use a pliers to pull the pegs out of the hands (make sure to use fabric between the pliers and the peg so you don't gouge it.) To get the pegs into a different set of hands I use a hair dryer to heat up the hands and the pegs slip in easily. Then just pop 'em back into the forearms. I wouldn't want it easier than that because they might start falling out on their own.

2) The ankles are plenty strong. No stand needed imo.

3) In most cases, the "cross eyes" are an optical illusion caused by the frowning brow, and the resulting shadows. One could argue that this is a strike against the sculpt, but the PERS themselves are fine in most cases.

4) I've never noticed a problem with the jawline. Maybe because I always have the head bowed. That's how Bat's looks best anyway.

5) Any complaints about poseability should be put to rest with all of eczamurai's pics. And if you don't care about "dynamic" poses for this figure, there are plenty of simple but diverse poses possible thanks to the True Type, and all the great accessories that this figure comes with.

6) Yes the neck is too long. There are several mods that can be done to "fix" this.

7) Yes the HT cape is mediocre. But that gives you the opportunity to give fellow board members like lforigno or Commtech some business. :yess:

P.S. Doesn't anyone think this dog is freaking hilarious? :huh

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/GrIp3k5pJQM&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/GrIp3k5pJQM&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Back