1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

I'm really curious on how a bruce head would look like, now that they've improved the paint technique by sooo much, judging on their recent connor.

I wouldve prefered a PERS batman and PERS bruce head, than the sonar eyed batman.

I'm really curious on how a bruce head would look like, now that they've improved the paint technique by sooo much, judging on their recent connor.

I wouldve prefered a PERS batman and PERS bruce head, than the sonar eyed batman.

Maybe(hopefully),they're saving Bruce for another figure.Fingers crossed for a DX BB suit,with Bruce PERS Head and suit packed in.

Hopefully they'll nail a great likeness. I wouldn't buy a figure of just Bruce Wayne if it had the head the v1 and v2 Batman figures came with. As an accessory it's okay but to have that on a full figure. :monkey4 I know they won't but I'm just saying. :lol

With the new skin tech, a bruce figure properly done, like the connor, with tweaks, and the fuller hair would look insane, be an easy buy for me i think

As great as Connor came out, as far as paint, the previous Wayne heads have been been very nice as well, they're flaws have been a poor Bale likeness. Even though Connor is still missing a few details, I spot Bale in him much more than the Wayne heads. All the good paint and skin texturing is wasted if the sculpt looks as little like Bale as the first 2 heads.

How does a batman neck look like with a bruce wayne head? in the hoke kong scene where he's about to jump off the skyscraper he's unmasked and the suit cover's his whole neck. The promo shot of the MMSDX batman had a bruce wayne head on but it was showing his neck.

How does a batman neck look like with a bruce wayne head? in the hoke kong scene where he's about to jump off the skyscraper he's unmasked and the suit cover's his whole neck. The promo shot of the MMSDX batman had a bruce wayne head on but it was showing his neck.

It doesn't, the Wayne head only fits on the flesh tone neck, it won't fit onto the armor neck really, it can but it's barely on so it looks like he has a 2 foot tall neck, very ugly. I wanted to do a photo of the Hong Kong scene with my figure when I got the first release and I ended up Photoshopping his head lower to make it look good.

The problem is, the HT neck is made to cuver in towards the middle where the ball joint is for articulation, the film neck brace flares outward cupping Bale's head, so the way the HT neck is made to be accurrate to armor around one of their normal necks, it doesn't let Bruce's head sit properly on it. If it flared out at the top like the movie, it'd probably work, but it doesn't.

It doesn't, the Wayne head only fits on the flesh tone neck, it won't fit onto the armor neck really, it can but it's barely on so it looks like he has a 2 foot tall neck, very ugly. I wanted to do a photo of the Hong Kong scene with my figure when I got the first release and I ended up Photoshopping his head lower to make it look good.

The problem is, the HT neck is made to cuver in towards the middle where the ball joint is for articulation, the film neck brace flares outward cupping Bale's head, so the way the HT neck is made to be accurrate to armor around one of their normal necks, it doesn't let Bruce's head sit properly on it. If it flared out at the top like the movie, it'd probably work, but it doesn't.

Could you post the photoshops of the neck change?

It looks pretty bad.

TDK_custom-3.jpg

pic by customworkz

Can you buy the mask on it's own from another maker or is this a mod where they cut out eyes and mouth? :p
I really need to find or make this to go with the Tumbler and Bruce
caveq.jpg

Darn I should have picked up TDK BM for C$120 when I had a chance!

Can you buy the mask on it's own from another maker or is this a mod where they cut out eyes and mouth? :p
I really need to find or make this to go with the Tumbler and Bruce
caveq.jpg

Darn I should have picked up TDK BM for C$120 when I had a chance!

Look on eBay. You can buy the head and neck post. Pop out the mouth piece and cut out the eyes and do some clean ups. I'm honestly thinking of going the same route. To buy a second head to pop out the remains when displaying v1 with some DX parts and an empty cowl.

I'm curious to see how awesome Batman's packaging is after seeing the Joker's. Wonder if he'll come with anything special considering Joker came with cards?

My real wonder is will it be identical in size, and if so, how will they justfiy the space. Joker is essentially two full figures and they set up the parts, even without a body, like there were two full figures inside plus accessories, Batman's one figure and some accessories, and not even that many, shouldn't need as much room as Joker, but I wonder if they would make it that big to standardize anyway, hopefully if they do that, the extra space will inspired them something neat to do to make up for it.

It looks pretty bad.

TDK_custom-3.jpg

pic by customworkz

I'm way too lazy to go searching through the v1 TDK Batman thread but someone else (can't remember who) modified that BW head so that it actually fit properly onto the suit neck.

It was Magnuz. I didn't go trailing either I just remember his nice photos/mods and such.

I'm way too lazy to go searching through the v1 TDK Batman thread but someone else (can't remember who) modified that BW head so that it actually fit properly onto the suit neck.

Never saw that, I'd imagine you'd have to modify the neck though, it's been so long since I tried but I want to say that the main issue was with the neck and little room to do anything to the head to resolve the mater. Only downside is, how much could you do to the neck before it's no good with the cowl anymore.

Back