Mission: Impossible - Dead Reckoning Part 1 (July 14th, 2023)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
7. MI:2 - was crap when it was first released and it’s worse crap now.
Good ol' MI:2. It was the year 2000, and Bon Jovi's "It's My Life" was playing on every tv music channel and radio station. The lineup at my local cinema went across an entire block and around the corner on "toonie-Tuesdays" (a movie ticket on Tuesday's cost $2 Canadian dollars aka. "toonies").

Jamie Lee Curtis was hanging off flying vehicles way before Cruise was…

IMG_6066.jpeg

Watched this yesterday, overall enjoyable action & great actors (God, I love Hayley Atwell!) with a simple thin plot. I also felt this was a little too long in the dialogue scenes. They do add suspense to the story but needed to be trimmed down a bit. 7 out of 10

Theater was packed, mostly an older crowd.
I wanted to watch this in a smaller chain theater but, because of Barbie & Oppenheimer it was pushed out of the larger screens and earlier watch times. I had to see it in a #*^%$ AMC theater. I ended up watching more G D commercials sitting there than I have in the past couple of months online. it was easily a half hour, maybe longer. THIS is another reason I hate going to a theater. Why are we paying so much on tickets and concessions when they can shove this many commercials into our faces. It almost soured me to the point of not being able to get into the actual movie I PAID to see. I think next time I'll bring my headphones in with me, close my eyes, and listen to music on my phone while I wait.

Watched this yesterday, overall enjoyable action & great actors (God, I love Hayley Atwell!) with a simple thin plot. I also felt this was a little too long in the dialogue scenes. They do add suspense to the story but needed to be trimmed down a bit. 7 out of 10

Theater was packed, mostly an older crowd.
I wanted to watch this in a smaller chain theater but, because of Barbie & Oppenheimer it was pushed out of the larger screens and earlier watch times. I had to see it in a #*^%$ AMC theater. I ended up watching more G D commercials sitting there than I have in the past couple of months online. it was easily a half hour, maybe longer. THIS is another reason I hate going to a theater. Why are we paying so much on tickets and concessions when they can shove this many commercials into our faces. It almost soured me to the point of not being able to get into the actual movie I PAID to see. I think next time I'll bring my headphones in with me, close my eyes, and listen to music on my phone while I wait.
That’s why I get there 20 minutes late now lol

I went to Regal Theaters for the first time to see this and, yes, they played a good 20 minutes of terrible commercials. I couldn't believe it. It got me so angry after awhile. And then, too many trailers. I love trailer, but I come from an era where you got 3-4, that's it. Now, it seemed like 7-8. After #5, it almost doesn't matter what movie they tease, you're already bitter thinking about your parking time -- 3 hours free to see a 4 hour "experience" (with ads).

I went to Regal Theaters for the first time to see this and, yes, they played a good 20 minutes of terrible commercials. I couldn't believe it. It got me so angry after awhile. And then, too many trailers. I love trailer, but I come from an era where you got 3-4, that's it. Now, it seemed like 7-8. After #5, it almost doesn't matter what movie they tease, you're already bitter thinking about your parking time -- 3 hours free to see a 4 hour "experience" (with ads).
/\THIS ALL THE WAY EVERY DAY/\

What made the AMC commercials worse was a few of them had Maria Menounos as host.
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA......

Who in their right mind wanted her as host!?!?!?!

Wow, can’t believe that about ads, trailers in front of films. In Australia, at regular cinemas we get around 20-30 minutes of ads and trailers before a film. At Imax, not really any ads, just a few slides for upcoming films etc and then probably 3 trailers on average so it’s really only around 15 minutes in total. And in both cases it’s been like that as long as I can remember. Now that I think about it, I reckon we have less ads than we used to. As a kid there were always these ridiculously spectacular ads for cars and alcohol and even short films (which I did love I will say) before films.

https://www.theverge.com/2012/12/29/3815086/black-angel-lost-film-download

Back