Mission: Impossible - Dead Reckoning Part 1 (July 14th, 2023)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maverick was fun but the super simplistic plot and weird decision not to name the enemy (which I found distracting as hell) makes it hard for me to love it as much as everyone else seems to. As it just doesn't seem to take place in the real world.

So yes I would totally rank IM7 higher. Despite not even being the best IM film.

Last edited:
I love Davian in MI3 but his demise was a joke and the whole movie feels very "JJ" to me -- music, shots, structure, tone, colors, all scream somewhere between Alias and LOST.

Maverick was fun but the super simplistic plot and weird decision not to name the enemy (which I found distracting as hell)
They didn't name the enemy in the first one either and no one ever cared. :dunno

I mean it's pretty obviously Iran in the second one (given it's the only country on the planet that we'd both launch an airstrike against an almost ready nuclear facility AND that still utilizes decommissioned F-14's) with 5th Gen air support from either Russia or China.

I saw The Black Hole on opening night as well. One of my friends convinced our group of 5 that we had to go because "it could be the next Star Wars and we'd regret it if we waited". He was NEVER allowed to choose a film again lol.

And BTW, NO ONE saw ANH on opening night because it was never called that until years later. It was (and still is) simply Star Wars.
I’m just so used to writing ANH now that I just automatically spit it out but yes of course it was just Star Wars.

No need for the reminder I own the 4K77 4K you know lol

What were the complaints? I must know.
Ok I must’ve deleted my email to the cinema district manager but the gist of my complaint were:

1. Poor hygiene while handling food. While inside the restroom washing my hands I witnessed an employee not wash their hands and go straight to handling food.
2. Another employee was taking out the garbage plus handling coins and cash and with same gloves grabbed the inside of buckets, cups, lids and actually stir popcorn with their hands and not the scooper.
3. Huge concessions lines during big movie weekend at prime time and only 2 workers but 8 registers, every single time.
4. Audio/visual problems (which ended up being a Sony audio problem on the actual print not the cinema’s fault..I think.)

This was their response lol

Good Afternoon -

My name is Sean Ruddy and I am the
Managing Director of Showcase Cinemas. I received your most recent Google review and wanted to reach out. I would like to apologize for the unpleasant visit you encountered at my Cinema. We do our very best to make sure every guest leaves here happy. Unfortunately, it sounds like we failed with this visit. I can assure vou that we do not staff lightly in hopes you will miss your movie. Even this far after the Pandemic, there are still hiring difficulties all over. Even when hired, it can be a chore to get them to show up. With Spiderverse, the sound issue was in the actual content itself.

The was unfortunately nothing we could do on our end to fix it. The film company had to end up editing and sent out a brand new copy of the movie after 2 weeks. All of the pother issues you mentioned are controllable by us and should not happen. I would like for you to return to the Cinema as my guest. Please reply to this email with your name and address, and I will get some courtesy tickets sent to you. I look forward to hearing back from you.

Regards,

Sean

Ruddy

Managing Director

SHOWCASE

Last edited:
Ok I must’ve deleted my email to the cinema district manager but the gist of my complaint were:

1. Poor hygiene while handling food. While inside the restroom washing my hands I witnessed an employee not wash their hands and go straight to handling food.
2. Another employee was taking out the garbage plus handling coins and cash and with same gloves grabbed the inside of buckets, cups, lids and actually stir popcorn with their hands and not the scooper.
3. Huge concessions lines during big movie weekend at prime time and only 2 workers but 8 registers, every single time.
4. Audio/visual problems (which ended up being a Sony audio problem on the actual print not the cinema’s fault..I think.)
Yeah I'd definitely never order a single concession aside from sealed boxes of candy from them ever again. That's freaking nasty.

The peepee, then stirring the popcorn with his hand was the worst.

Did they offer you a big bucket of free popcorn?
Nope lol

But I ended up with 6 Imax tickets

But get this…

I have returned 3 times since then and everything is exactly as it was before my complaint :rotfl

Dirty hands STILL handling food.

Huge lines on weekends with still 2 workers and 8 working registers.

No manager in sight.

Filthy bathrooms.

Don’t get me started on the seats :slap

Last edited:
I have returned 3 times since then and everything is exactly as it was before my complaint :rotfl

Dirty hands STILL handling food.
Mrs. jye: "Here honey, have some popcorn."

jye:
CourteousConventionalEft-max-1mb.gif

Just saw the numbers for this, and they are well below original projections.

Some are saying it will have legs like Maverick, but I'm guessing the reason for the low numbers is what happened to me; franchise fatigue. I said earlier I'm not a huge fan of the series, but what I should have added was the word "anymore."

Maverick was only the second after 36 years, and it turned out to be a great time at the movies - you left the cinema on a high. A rare achievement these days...
Personally … I’ve seen the others before. And I’ve watched all six (6) in the past couple of months ,since I’m subscribed to Paramount + . But what turns me off is the “Part 1”. — I would rather wait for Part 2 to be released to theaters (or even wait for cable or streaming) before I invest my time and attention to Part 1. —- Maybe its just me.

Personally … I’ve seen the others before. And I’ve watched all six (6) in the past couple of months ,since I’m subscribed to Paramount + . But what turns me off is the “Part 1”. — I would rather wait for Part 2 to be released to theaters (or even wait for cable or streaming) before I invest my time and attention to Part 1. —- Maybe its just me.
FYI - the film does not end with a cliffhanger

It’s more of A New Hope type ending.

So you can go to this and it feels like a full movie experience as opposed to “tune in next week” type cliffhanger

Back