Mirrors Edge

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just played the demo. It seems like it would be fun once you get the hang of the control scheme,. . . BUT, it plays like it has a huge learning curve, and with all the other games coming out right now, this seems like one that's going to have to wait. I just don't have time to play games that I can't immediately grasp the controls.

Same here. I when I couldn't get past the RB LB RB jump, I gave up. The last thing I want to worry about when playing a game (for fun) is fighting the control scheme.

I seriously don't understand how some people have trouble grasping the controls. the game only requires grasping the functions of 4 (count em, four) critical buttons - the shoulder buttons/triggers - and the two thumbsticks. The only face button on the controller that is even semi-important is the triangle button/Y button (ps3/360), which is used for disarms.

I don't see what's so difficult about it. Heck, even the R1/Right shoulder bumper (again, ps3/360) is used only if you want to make a quick 180 degree turn and certain tricky jumps.

Maybe I shouldn't assume everyone's familiarity with video games,but if you've been playing games for the last few years, I don't see what the problem is.

I had Zero interest in this, but the more I see of it the more intrigued I am. The design and innovative gameplay look really good and the main character is beautiful, I'm gonna download the Demo tonight so I can check it out.

This game has such a beautiful, clean design. Cant wait.

mirrors.edge.comic.teaser.2.490.jpg
That is gorgeous, really loving the art for this game.

yeah this is a game i'll gamefly. it reminds me of portal regarding it being it's own type of game. EA is really impressing me with their recent releases.

The only problem I had with the controls are that you have 2 buttons that are essentially UP and DOWN and the buttons you are pressing are LEFT and RIGHT.

Picked it up today,its cool.Stunning graphics,plenty possibilities but the stress-factor isnt healthy for the brain:lol
You can be stuck on a floor with the police after you and you dont have time to look around you for exits before you die so its a game you gotta think fast in these situations,but off course,its not like this through the entire game because it gets calm when you loose the police.

Just finished it,in 7 hours,pretty short game and was very repetitive but it was pretty cool.

Just finished it,in 7 hours,pretty short game and was very repetitive but it was pretty cool.

Yeah I figured. I mean they couldn't make this game too long....then it would get really repetitive.

Yeah, not terribly long, but fun while it lasted. The story wasn't great, though.

Time Trial mode rocks though. I've been playing hours on end just trying to topple the RIDICULOUSLY fast times/scores online. I don't know how they're so quick. BLEH. Has anyone else tried the Time trial mode?

Back