Mirrors Edge

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Huh, so it requires the pre-order code. Only got as far as connecting to the server and then quit as i just didn't feel like it at the time. Was going to try it tonight but then i guess it won't work.

It looked pretty but the buttons are very confused, jump and duck should be switched.

Also the tilting feature of the PS3 sucks as it never registers, there are a lot of buttons to remember...and it's very fast paced.

But very fluid and pretty looking.

just came across this today, looks like its some sort of first person freerunning shooter:lol
https://www.mirrorsedge.com/

not sure if this is a render or a real person, but i find this woman extremely hot:rotfl
Mirror%27s_Edge.jpg

I've been waiting for this game for a while. I remember seeing this on G4 during their E3 coverage months back (in July?) but anyways, I was hyped to see this game hit the market. The debut trailer (even then) looked very innovative. Thanks for the heads up on the demo. Can't wait.

The demo was awesome! The controls and combat are a little overwhelming at first, but I figure once I get it down I'll be able to pull off some sick combos.

Yeah, they were overwhelming, especially if you're more used to the 360 controller then your PS3's as i am.

But hey, some pretty funny things can happen in this game when you simply press the wrong button in a dire situation lol

this was actually advertised at my cinema when I when to see the new Bond.
It looked awesome on the big screen. Only if we could play all our games on them... :lol

It looked pretty but the buttons are very confused, jump and duck should be switched.

Also the tilting feature of the PS3 sucks as it never registers, there are a lot of buttons to remember...and it's very fast paced.

The most critical buttons to remember are the shoulder buttons. You really found it difficult? The face buttons aren't really used at all except for the triangle button (used for disarms).

If you don't want to use the PS3 tilt function, turn it off and just use the analog stick. It gives you the option.

Anyway, I tried the Time Trial mode and my best time was 59 seconds on the first course. The world record for it so far is 50 seconds.

this game is supposed to be pretty sick , a good friend of mine trains in parkour and actually has trained and knows the girl that they used for the adverts and the motion capture...my claim to fame,lol

you can go in the options and turn the Sixxaxis off. it makes it a little better, but the controls are still frustrating.

played the demo a few times and so far Im liking it. I might pick up the game later on when it comes out.

Yeah, no doubt the art work/game design for this game is awesome. Let's hope it doesn't get pushed back.

I just played the demo. It seems like it would be fun once you get the hang of the control scheme,. . . BUT, it plays like it has a huge learning curve, and with all the other games coming out right now, this seems like one that's going to have to wait. I just don't have time to play games that I can't immediately grasp the controls.

The games ive looked at as the perfect flawless games for PS3 in 2007/2008 is:

-Metal Gear Solid 4
-Uncharted Drakes Fortune
-Call of Duty 4
-Assassins Creed

Mirrors edge will be the game of the year if it reaches my expectations,the graphics is something no other game will match the next year to come.

Think im going to go for this one when its released, just very different from anything else at the minute

Back