Midnight Special (2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks interesting. I dig the Bonnie Tyler "Total Eclipse of the Heart" eye glow.

EJ6dyYU.jpg

But. . .would rather this were a biographical film about the late, great Jimmy Smith.

Been waiting for this one. Off to see it this evening :)

I have high expectations, but not concerned about them not being met.

Fine film but not Nichols' best. Shannon & Driver are as usual excellent.

As it stands for me:

TAKE SHELTER 10/10
MUD 10/10
SHOTGUN STORIES 9/10
MIDNIGHT SPECIAL 8.5/10

Saw this last night without seeing any trailers or knowing anything about it. Decent movie. Basically just a remake of ET with adults.

Was kind of disappointed in this. The only other movie I've seen of his was take shelter and I immediately bought the blu ray. This one was overlong and dragged too much. I loved some of the visuals though and the quick bursts of action. It had nothing like the emotional weight of Take Shelter which was the most disappointing part.

Was kind of disappointed in this. The only other movie I've seen of his was take shelter and I immediately bought the blu ray. This one was overlong and dragged too much. I loved some of the visuals though and the quick bursts of action. It had nothing like the emotional weight of Take Shelter which was the most disappointing part.

Watch SHOTGUN STORIES. Its on Amazon for $3. Tremendous debut for Nichols. He shot it in '04 and had to sit on it for years until he could find distribution. Shannon is awesome in it.

MUD is just perfection. If you haven't seen it, you must. McConaughey was already well into the McConaissance. MUD was the film Nolan saw that made him cast McConaughey in INTERSTELLAR and its the film Jean Marc Vallee saw that made him cast McConaughey in DALLAS BUYERS CLUB.

Tommorrow land 2 was cool.
But i Will keep my Darryl, firestarter and Starman.
Thanks you.

Watch SHOTGUN STORIES. Its on Amazon for $3. Tremendous debut for Nichols. He shot it in '04 and had to sit on it for years until he could find distribution. Shannon is awesome in it.

MUD is just perfection. If you haven't seen it, you must. McConaughey was already well into the McConaissance. MUD was the film Nolan saw that made him cast McConaughey in INTERSTELLAR and its the film Jean Marc Vallee saw that made him cast McConaughey in DALLAS BUYERS CLUB.

I always was interested in mud, never knew it had the same director. Ill probably check out Shotgun Stories first, I like the sound of it.

Back